• Anúncio Global
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem

Equação com Radical

Among the 27 undrafted players who have agreed to terms with

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 09, 2018 06:17

Four women sexually assaulted by Canada’s former national ski coach when they were adolescents said Monday he robbed them of much of their childhood.

Genevieve Simard http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-billy-price-jersey , Gail Kelly, Amelie Frederique-Gagnon and Anna Prchal attended a news conference more than 20 years after the repeated abuse.

”My childhood was stolen,” Simard said. ”Skiing was my passion. I aspired to great things. I had dreams and skiing was my life. The sexual abuse I suffered completely destroyed my self-confidence.”

The women won the right last week to be identified after a judge granted their request to lift a publication ban.

Bertrand Charest was found guilty a year ago of 37 of the 57 sex-related charges. He received a 12-year prison term and is appealing both his conviction and sentence. He was denied bail last year.

The convictions involved nine of the 12 women who accused him of crimes that occurred more than 20 years ago when the victims and alleged victims were between ages 12 and 19.

Quebec court Judge Sylvain Lepine said the victims were still suffering from what he called ”serious health consequences” from the abuse that took place between 1991 and 1998.

Kelly said Charest took advantage of her passion for skiing and ”my dream quickly turned into a nightmare.” She said she has three young children and would never let them compete at the provincial or national level in any sport under the current structure.

”It is urgent that we put in place a system that allows our children to be safe http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-deadrin-senat-jersey ,” she said. ”I don’t want anyone to go through what I did: being manipulated, denigrated and belittled.”

”I used to be funny, smiling and very sociable Chris Wideman Jersey ,” she added. ”But because of this manipulator, I became sad and withdrawn and someone who felt like a complete loser.”

After completing the draft without a fullback on their roster, the Atlanta Falcons have added two candidates who were undrafted college free agents.

Among the 27 undrafted players who have agreed to terms with Atlanta are fullbacks Luke McNitt of Nebraska and Daniel Marx of Stanford. Barring other roster moves http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/deonte-thompson-jersey , one of the two could open the season as the starter.

Fullback was a priority position in the Falcons' search for college free agents because 2017 starter Derrick Coleman was not re-signed.

The Falcons also agreed to terms with running backs Demario Richard of Arizona State, Emmanuel Smith of Vanderbilt and Malik Williams of Louisville and Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert.

Two in-state players, Georgia kicker David Marvin and Georgia State defensive end Mackendy Cheridor Authentic Donte Jackson Jersey , also agreed to terms.

Cheap Football Jerseys Shop
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Formação Escolar: ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL I
Andamento: cursando

wo drives.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 09, 2018 06:33

METAIRIE Andrew Ladd Jersey , La. (AP) Veteran receivers Brandon Tate and Michael Floyd joined practice at New Orleans Saints training camp on Wednesday, bolstering a receiver corps thinned by injuries and adding to the mix of players competing in the return game.

New Orleans also has activated veteran tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, who began training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

The 30-year-old Tate played in 13 games for Buffalo last season, when his most significant contributions came in the return game. He returned 28 kickoffs for 548 yards and 20 punts for 193 yards.

”He had a good workout. We’re familiar with the player, just with his experience,” coach Sean Payton said of Tate, who also has played for New England and Cincinnati during his nine-year career. ”We’ll have a chance to take a look at him both in the punt and kick return game, and then also at receiver.”

Payton has described competition for return roles as ”wide open.”

”Our return game is kind of like `The Bachelor’ right now,” Payton said recently, referring to the popular reality TV series. ”We have about 12 contestants all with roses. We don’t know who our returner is going to be. And if she doesn’t like any of them, we will bring in more.

”They have to do anything they can to become the returner. … Limousine, whatever. Paris.”

Payton has been emphasizing kickoff coverage and return games this training camp because of NFL rules changes for such plays affecting how teams can line up – and block- in an effort to reduce injurious, higher-speed collisions.

Payton said the return game is not necessarily causing him more anxiety than usual Joel Edmundson Jersey , but stressed, ”We just want to be better in that area.”

Meanwhile, Payton said he wants to see how a receiver with Floyd’s skill set and 6-foot-3 frame fits New Orleans’ offense, which has thrived in the past with big receiving targets such as the 6-4 Marques Colston, who retired after the 2015 season as the club’s career leader in receiving.

Floyd is ”someone that’s big and we think we’ve got a good vision for what his strengths are,” Payton said.

The 28-year-old Floyd played for Minnesota last season, but caught only 10 passes for 78 yards in 11 games after serving a four-game suspension by the NFL for using a banned substance.

Floyd was among Arizona’s premier receivers earlier in his career, but was released by the club following a 2016 drunken driving arrest. Payton indicated Floyd would not have much room for error off the field.

”Obviously, when we bring players in, they understand the expectations,” Payton said. ”He’s someone that I’m sure understands it.”

The decisions to bring in new receivers this week came in part because three who were on the active roster to open camp are injured.

Travin Dural, a second-year pro out of LSU, is going on injured reserve. Payton says injured undrafted rookies Josh Smith and Eldridge Massington have been waived.

”It’s a hard position group to be in camp with Youth Matt Irwin Jersey , with a lot of guys not practicing,” Payton said. ”That’s just how it is.”

The Saints also have added veteran offensive guard Don Barclay, who played in three games for Detroit last season and started 24 games with Green Bay over five seasons.

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — When Jon Gruden was hired for a second stint as Oakland Raiders coach, there were immediately questions about how quarterback Derek Carr would respond to Gruden’s intensity, cursing and hands-on approach after four seasons with more low-key coordinators and defensive-minded head coaches.

Carr laughed off those doubts, pointing out that he’s familiar with the swear words Gruden sometimes spews even if Carr doesn’t use them, and he said he welcomes the challenge of a coach who will always keep him on edge.

“I have to be on my game in front of my teammates,” Carr said. “It’s awesome, man. I absolutely love it. He wants me to get up in front of the room and show them the way I do things and hear it from my voice. Just the way the quarterback position is treated. He’s a quarterback guy, being the head coach is completely different.”

Carr began his career with Dennis Allen as head coach back in 2014 and Jack Del Rio came in the following year for three seasons. Their expertise was defense, leaving much of the offense and the tutoring of Carr to the coordinators.

It’s been completely different with Gruden in charge, as he will call the plays http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-tre_quan-smith-jersey , runs the offensive meetings and frequently peppers Carr with questions about how he would handle all types of situations.

“Whenever we’re not doing something, we’re together,” Carr said. “If we’re in an offensive meeting. If we’re not in an offensive meeting, I’m sitting right next to him in the quarterback room. If I’m not in on a rep, I’m standing right by him. He’s (saying,) ‘Hey what do you think? What would you get to here? What would you do? What would you do?’ That’s the way it should be. He challenges me. He pushes me. He wants the best for me. You can tell that with his preparation every day. He’s ready every day to give me something to let me dominate that day. It’s awesome.”

The success of the relationship between Gruden and Carr will go a long way in determining the success of the Raiders this season as they try to bounce back from a disappointing six-win season.

After showing steady progress his first three seasons that helped Carr grow from a second-round pick in 2014 to a quarterback with MVP support in a breakthrough 2016, Carr took a major step back last season under first-time coordinator Todd Downing.

After breaking his leg in the next-to-last regular-season game in 2016 to cost him an opportunity to play in the postseason, Carr had another injury early last season when he broke a bone in his back in a Week 4 loss at Denver.

He missed only one game because of the injury but never looked completely comfortable in the pocket after that as he matched his career high with 13 interceptions and recorded his worst totals in yards, touchdowns and passer rating since his rookie year in 2014.

Carr has looked like a new quarterback in practice this season.

“Derek looks like a completely different person in my eyes, just from the way he’s attacking the game,” tight end Jared Cook said. “From the way he’s attacking the challenges that Gruden has been giving to him. Every time that Gruden asks him a question, he gets it right, no hesitation. Every time Gruden asks him to get up in front of a meeting room and call out a play Womens Greg Olsen Jersey , run a play, get to the right check, get to the right audible, he does it every time. That’s a responsibility that Derek never had last year. You see a totally different player out of him. He’s attacking the game differently mentally and he has a totally different attitude going in to this year.”

The Raiders hope that translates on the field starting with Monday night’s opener against the Los Angeles Rams. Carr didn’t get tested much in the preseason, playing just two drives.

But Gruden has done his best to challenge him at practice and sees the quarterback he was so high on back at the “Gruden QB Camp” four years ago. Gruden has never had a promising young quarterback like Carr.

He had success with veteran Rich Gannon his first time in Oakland and won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay. But Gruden struggled to find a consistent passer in his later years with the Buccaneers. He believes Carr can be that guy.

“I try not to over-coach him,” Gruden said. “He is a blast to be around. He is extremely talented. He’s a great worker. We’re trying to give him a system that he can sink his teeth into and take control of when the game starts. He’s got tremendous leadership and style. But, I think we’re making progress. I can’t speak for him, but I sure enjoy coming in here and working with him every day.”

Pittsburgh Steelers Elite Jerseys
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

INJURIES

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 09, 2018 06:58

Le'Veon Bell's teammates spent the offseason and all of training camp brushing off his absence http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ryan-switzer-jersey , confident in their belief that the Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro running back would eventually let the business side of things play out, sign his franchise tender and be at work when things start to get real.

He's one of the best in the league and earned the right to take his time, they said. He'll show up when it starts to matter, they said. We're not worried, they said.

Time to worry. And vent.

Bell's chair remained tucked neatly into his locker on Wednesday, meaning he will almost certainly not be available when the Steelers open the season in Cleveland this weekend.

And while Bell's agent took to the airwaves to vaguely explain Bell's reasoning for staying away, the men Bell has played alongside for the past five years are starting to run out of patience.

"Honestly it's a little selfish," said center Maurkice Pouncey, a captain who had predicted Bell would arrive by Wednesday. "I'm kind of (ticked) right now. It sucks that he's not here. We'll move on as a team. It doesn't look like he'll be in the game plan at this point."

Veteran offensive guard Ramon Foster poked a little fun at Bell on social media, tweeting out a picture of Bell's head attached to the body of the character from the "Where's Waldo" line of children's books .

"What do you do?" Foster said. "Here's a guy who doesn't give a damn, so I guess we'll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this."

Bell and the Steelers spent each of the past two springs failing to come to terms on a new contract. Pittsburgh placed the franchise tag on Bell each time. The 26-year-old made over $12 million last season and is due $14.5 million this season if he signs his one-year tender by the weekend and the Steelers opt not to ask for a two-week roster exemption. He will lose about $850,000 for each game he misses.

The biggest issue for Bell's teammates appears to be the lack of communication. There's a sense of anger that he has intentionally left them in the dark Authentic Saquon Barkley Jersey , forcing them to answer for him. Bell's agent Adisa Bakari was interviewed on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday and hinted at a concern Bell would be overworked this season by the Steelers, which could affect his earning potential when Bell reaches the open market in 2019. Bell's 406 touches led the NFL in 2017.

Pittsburgh general manager Kevin Colbert, who expressed disappointment on Monday when Bell's locker remained empty, declined comment. Team spokesman Burt Lauten said the club would not conduct talks with Bakari through the media, adding "if Adisa would like to talk further, he has the phone number to our offices."

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger understands the constant questions about Bell but added "one person doesn't make or break you."

"I'd like to say that the linemen are far more important than any skill position, including myself, on this team so this offense is more than just one back," Roethlisberger said.

Maybe, but now the Steelers find themselves turning from a three-time Pro Bowler to a second-year player in James Conner. The former Pitt star is in line to make his first NFL start on Sunday and he's not too concerned about the circumstances that made it happen.

"I've got the opportunity to play the game again," said Conner, who endured a highly public battle with cancer during his college career. "Any time I can play football Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey , I don't take it for granted. I've got an opportunity for Sunday and I can't wait for it."

What the Steelers can wait for at this point is Bell to join them. He can still technically accrue a full year of service time if he reports by Week 10.

"At some point and you're like, 'All right, if you don't want to be here, it is what it is, hold out for 10 weeks," Pouncey said.

Whatever Bell's plan is, he isn't telling. And the "train" that defensive end Cam Heyward uses as a symbol for the season is getting ready to roll. If Bell arrives in time to hop on is anyone's guess.

"Like I said, we have a lot of weapons," Roethlisberger said. "We'd like to have him out there, but we have guys that can make plays for us."

NOTES: The Steelers signed RB Trey Edmunds, the older brother of rookie safety Terrell Edmunds, to the practice squad and released RB Jarvion Franklin. ... TE Vance McDonald (foot) was limited in practice on Wednesday. All other players were full go.

CINCINNATI (AP) — Andy Dalton made the Bengals‘ new offense look like a comfortable fit.

Working out of Cincinnati’s reconfigured playbook Youth Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , Dalton threw a pair of touchdown passes during a 30-27 victory over the Chicago Bears on Thursday night at half-empty Paul Brown Stadium.

The Bengals (1-0) were last in the league on offense last season, the worst finish in franchise history. They overhauled their leaky offensive line, and coordinator Bill Lazor injected more diversity into the playbook. It showed the first time out.

“That’s what we wanted to do,” Dalton said. “If we go out and play like we’re supposed to play, it can look like that.”

Dalton went 6 of 8 for 103 yards, completing four passes of at least 20 yards. He also had an interception that wasn’t his fault — John Ross fell on his route and Kyle Fuller returned the pickoff 47 yards to the end zone.

The Bengals are hoping that Ross and running back Joe Mixon — their top two picks last season — emerge in the redesigned offense during their second seasons.

Ross had a 20-yard catch. Mixon — moved into the starring role with Jeremy Hill gone — made the game’s most impressive play. He caught a short pass, stiff-armed one defender and spun away from another for a 24-yard touchdown .

The Bears (0-2) rested most of their starters during a 17-16 loss to the Ravens in the Hall of Fame Game, including quarterback Mitchell Trubisky . His preseason debut Thursday didn’t go very well.

“We expect to be better,” Trubisky said. “We were sloppy and that’s not how we want to play.”

Trubisky was in for two series that netted minus-1 yard on eight plays. The Bears’ only first down on those series came on Carlos Dunlap’s penalty for roughing the quarterback, a late hit on Trubisky. He missed on a deep sideline pass to Kevin White on his opening throw and finished 2 of 4 for 4 yards.

“There was nothing extraordinary, but nothing bad,” first-year coach Matt Nagy said. “This is so early for him right now. It’ll be fun to get him more snaps and get him into a rhythm.”

EMPTY SEATS

Attendance was 35 Youth Ben Roethlisberger Jersey ,633, slightly more than half-capacity at the 65,535-seat stadium. Last year, the Bengals drew 44,495 for their first home preseason game. They’re coming off two straight losing seasons.

LOOKING GOOD

Tyler Bray had a 56-yard completion to Daniel Brown during a 92-yard touchdown drive that put the Bears ahead in the fourth quarter. Bray finished 18 of 27 for 219 yards. The Bears signed him from Kansas City, where he was familiar with Nagy’s offense.

INTERESTING CHOICE

Nagy decided to try for a tying field goal with 45 seconds left. Cody Parkey missed a 52-yard try.

NATIONAL ANTHEM

There were no protests. Bears players, coaches and staff stood with arms linked for the anthem. Bengals players stood by themselves on the sideline.

PRESEASON TRICKERY

The Bengals pulled off a fake punt in the second quarter, with safety Clayton Fejedelem going 49 yards after a direct snap. He finished as Cincinnati’s leading rusher with the one run.

HEADS UP

Chicago’s Demarcus Ayers and Fejedelem drew personal fouls for lowering their heads during tackles.

INJURIES

Bears: LB Josh Woods suffered a hand injury in the first half and didn’t return.

Bengals: LB Vincent Rey hurt his right ankle while blocking on a punt return and was helped off the field in the first quarter. He didn’t return.

NEXT UP

Bears: Play at Denver on Saturday, Aug. 18.

Bengals: Play at Dallas on Saturday, Aug. 18.

Washington Redskins Customized Jerseys
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

and again, l

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 09, 2018 07:08

A judge is being asked to throw out a confession from a Guatemalan man living illegally in the U.S. who's charged in a drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver.

The attorney for 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala filed a motion Tuesday in Marion County court Chuck Howley Jersey , arguing that Orrego-Savala's statements to a state trooper after the Feb. 4 crash shouldn't be allowed because he wasn't first read his rights.

Orrego-Savala faces four felony charges for the Indianapolis crash that killed Jackson and his driver, Jeffrey Monroe. Prosecutors say Orrego-Savala had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19 percent, which is more than twice the legal limit of .08 percent. Authorities say Orrego-Savala was deported from the U.S. in 2007 and 2009 and was back in the country illegally.

His next court hearing is set for March. 27.

There’s been talk about running back David Johnson signing a contract extension with the Cardinals before the start of the regular season and the fire to get that done got turned up a bit this week when he opted not to take part in the team’s mandatory minicamp.

Figuring out exactly where an extension would fall for Johnson may not be easy as he followed up a terrific 2016 campaign by missing all but a half of last season with a wrist injury. However that process plays out Authentic Sam Darnold Jersey , Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim confirmed it’s a priority for the team as they move forward.

“I don’t think there is any question David is one of our core players and someone we look forward to having a long-term future with,” Keim said, via the team’s website . “[It’s] no different from in the past http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-saquon-barkley-jersey , when we’ve rewarded players like Pat Peterson, Chandler Jones, Larry Fitzgerald Andrew Norwell Jersey , Carson Palmer, just to name a few. There’s no doubt in my mind moving forward that we will keep a positive outlook and again, look forward to rewarding him just like we have players in the past.”

With an August 7 deadline for Johnson to report to training camp in order to gain the accrued season he needs to become an unrestricted free agent in 2019 Al Woods Jersey , an extended holdout is an unlikely course of action whether a new deal is struck by camp or not.

Dallas Cowboys Elite Jerseys
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

England, catch

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 09, 2018 07:17

Taylor Lewan answered the biggest question for the Tennessee Titans heading into training camp by showing up for work along with the rest of his teammates.

How long it takes to get a new contract for the two-time Pro Bowl left tackle remains to be seen.

General manager Jon Robinson said they're making good progress Martin Jones Jersey , even if he isn't ready to say when that might be wrapped up.

"It's good to have him back," Robinson said Wednesday after the Titans reported for camp. "I know that our coaches are excited to work with him and had really good discussions over the last 24 hours with his representation and nothing's finalized. But I would say we're certainly headed in the right direction."

Robinson said contract talks had been going on the past couple days and ramped up Tuesday night.

"I'd say we've made really good progress and that's about all I can really comment on that for now," Robinson said.

With the Titans firing Mike Mularkey in January after the franchise's first playoff victory in 14 years, Lewan took part in the team's voluntary offseason program with new coach Mike Vrabel . Then Lewan skipped the mandatory minicamp in June over a lack of progress in contract talks.

The left tackle is due $9.34 million this season after Tennessee picked up the fifth-year option for the 11th selection overall out of Michigan in the 2014 draft. He has started 53 of 58 games, including every game the past two seasons, protecting quarterback Marcus Mariota's back. Lewan, who turned 27 last weekend, is younger than Nate Solder who became the league's highest-paid offensive lineman in March with a four-year, $62 million deal from the New York Giants.

Lewan and the rest of the Titans showed up on Wednesday for the start of training camp, joining quarterbacks, rookies and injured players who started last weekend.

The left tackle was not among the handful of players made available to reporters Wednesday. Veteran linebacker Brian Orakpo, going into the final season of his contract, was glad Lewan reported since that means both sides must be talking again.

"I know what he brings to the table, so hopefully I mean stuff can get done and we can play ball and move forward Milan Lucic Jersey Kids ," Orakpo said. "Nobody really wants to be worried about contract situations when we're trying to be you know coming together as a team. And they understand that, Taylor understands this so hopefully get it done sooner than later."

The Titans already are without right tackle Jack Conklin, who was placed on the physically unable to perform list last weekend. Conklin tore his left ACL in the Titans' divisional playoff loss to New England , and Vrabel had no timetable for Conklin's return.

Vrabel said Lewan is in great shape along with the rest of the offensive line. Center Ben Jones said it was good to have everybody in and ready to work, a credit to Lewan's work ethic.

"We're a band of brothers," Jones said. "We want us all out there at all times and that's all we do is go out there and grind every day. Taylor's the lead guy he's a guy we can put our hat on. You know he's going to work hard every day."

Vrabel said all the Titans passed the running test, but veteran wide receiver Rishard Matthews still is being evaluated. Matthews was sidelined during the offseason program with an unspecified injury.

"When he's ready, he'll be out there," Vrabel said.

NOTES: Robinson said he met Tuesday with Kevin Dodd before the Titans released the outside linebacker. Dodd was the 33rd selection overall out of Clemson in 2016 and the second player Robinson drafted in his first year as general manager. "I take full responsibility for that one. I've got to do a better job scouting moving forward," Robinson said. The move leaves the Titans at 89 players, and Robinson said they are looking to fill that spot.

Terrell Owens learned a valuable lesson at a young age from the most influential person in his life.

”I’ve always listened and learned a lot from my grandmother and how she lived her life and how she wanted me to live my life,” Owens told The Associated Press about Alice Black, who died of Alzheimer’s disease in 2012. ”No matter what people say about you good, bad or indifferent DeShone Kizer Jersey , you just have to believe in yourself. And when you have belief in the man above, knowing you’re not perfect, the people who walk this Earth aren’t perfect either, and (if) you start to pass judgment and start to believe things about people who you don’t know personally, then that’s really a reflection of yourself.”

Growing up in a poor family in Alabama, Owens had a difficult childhood and he was often lonely. He was raised by his grandmother and his single mother, who spent much of her time working double shifts to support her children.

”Early in my career when I was an adolescent and teenager, I had self-esteem issues,” Owens said. ”I had to get out of that and understand that you have to believe in yourself in order to progress in order to do anything in your life. I’m very proud of how my grandmother raised me.”

Plenty of people have formed strong opinions about Owens, sometimes based on rumors and innuendo. T.O. certainly brought much of the criticism on himself with some of his outlandish behavior, but he believes he was also misunderstood at times. It was easier for critics to pile on than try to understand what made Owens tick.

That’s why Owens believes it took Pro Football Hall of Fame voters three tries to finally get him into the Canton shrine, although he’s not actually going to Ohio. Miffed that he was passed over twice, Owens is skipping the induction ceremony and instead giving his acceptance speech at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Owens said he visited the hall after his selection and decided he’d rather celebrate the big day at his alma mater.

”I feel the Hall of Fame committee needs to find a better formula and format in which guys get nominated and inducted, because all the hard work we’re doing as players to better our lives http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dontae-johnson-jersey , our careers, our fate is in guys’ hands that have never played before,” Owens said, perhaps ignoring that Hall of Famers Dan Fouts and James Lofton are among the voters. ”People not giving me my recognition because a few people have said they didn’t like me. The narrative has been created and portrayed that I was divisive in the locker room and I wasn’t a good person or a bad teammate, but there have been people who have stood on the table for me and said I was a good teammate, a great player. But that’s the narrative they didn’t go with.”

The 44-year-old Owens had a mostly sensational 15-year career playing for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati. He is second to Jerry Rice in receiving yards and third in touchdown catches behind Rice and Randy Moss, who was chosen in his first year of eligibility.

No. 81 was a five-time All-Pro, a six-time Pro Bowl pick and one of the most entertaining players of his generation. His touchdown celebrations are legendary and no one worked harder to stay in excellent shape. Some think Owens could still play in the NFL; he has toyed with an attempted comeback in the Canadian Football League. He had 72 catches for 983 yards and nine TDs in his final season, in 2010, and finished with 1,078 receptions Saints Game Jerseys , 15,934 yards receiving and 153 TDs.

Owens was part of eight playoff teams but only reached the Super Bowl once after joining the Eagles in 2004. He gave a heroic performance in Philadelphia’s 24-21 loss to New England, catching nine passes for 122 yards after defying doctor’s orders and returning to play on his surgically repaired ankle 6 1/2 weeks after an operation.

”What I did, it was bigger than the Super Bowl for me,” Owens said. ”I understood the ultimate goal was to win the game and that was heavily on my mind, and I think with my performance, you can tell that was what was on my mind. But coming out of that tunnel for the first time, the media was waiting for me to run around on the field and go through my normal routine like I do before every game just to get a glimpse, see if I was limping, things of that nature on that ankle. Coming out of that tunnel, I wanted people to know my faith in God was the No. 1 reason I was able to do what I did.”

Indianapolis Colts Customized Jerseys
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

make his next start Thursday. … RHP Chris Tillman (lower bac

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Out 16, 2018 07:35

Instead of using the long ball to win Justin Jones Color Rush Jersey , the Seattle Mariners took a different approach.

Take a walk, drop down a bunt, make a play in the field. Employing those basic skills, the Mariners beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-3 Monday night for just their second victory in eight games.

Dee Gordon’s slick seventh-inning bunt was the lone hit in a two-run uprising that put Seattle ahead for good, and the Mariners took advantage of 10 walks to get back on track after losing successive series at Yankee Stadium and in Boston.

”Most definitely, it’s the little things that win ball games and we were trying to do those things tonight,” said left fielder Denard Span, who contributed a solo homer and a run-saving catch. ”Last couple series we weren’t able to do that, but tonight we were able to manufacture a win.”

Gordon gave the Mariners an early lead with a two-run single , then provided the key hit in a seventh inning that began with score tied at 3.

Guillermo Heredia drew a leadoff walk from Miguel Castro (2-3) and advanced when Gordon pushed a bunt inside the first-base line and beat the throw by a step.

”Dee’s a really accomplished bunter, trying to move people along. That’s his game,” manager Scott Servais said.

A walk then loaded the bases, and Heredia scored on a wild pitch before Gordon scooted home on a sacrifice fly by Mitch Haniger.

”We drew a lot of walks, went deep into counts, bunts, sac flies,” Servais said. ”Been doing that most of the season. That’s the way we’re built. We don’t want to rely just on the home runs.”

Backed by several fine defensive plays – most notably by shortstop Jean Segura – Seattle starter Felix Hernandez (7-6) earned his first win in four starts, allowing three runs in six innings.

Edwin Diaz worked the ninth for his major league-leading 28th save.

Jonathan Schoop homered and had two RBIs for the Orioles.

In the ninth inning, Baltimore reliever Darren O’Day was called for a balk and subsequently ejected by home plate umpire Stu Scheurwater for arguing. Manager Buck Showalter joined the fray, and earned his 32nd career ejection .

”He’s just over-umpiring. Inventing an argument,” Showalter insisted, pointing out that both of Day’s career balks have been called by Scheurwater.

The manager did, however, concede that the Orioles didn’t do enough to win.

”We walked 10 guys. Did have but four hits,” Showalter said. ”Kind of hard to win a game.”

Seattle jumped on top in the second inning when Orioles starter Andrew Cashner gave up three walks and Gordon’s bases-loaded single.

Schoop led off the fifth with his eighth home run, only the second long ball allowed by Hernandez in five starts this month.

Span answered with a solo shot in the sixth for a 3-1 lead, but Baltimore pulled even in the bottom half on run-scoring grounders by Trey Mancini and Schoop.

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS

Seattle slugger Nelson Cruz was chosen AL Player of the Week after hitting .500 with 3 HRs and 8 RBIs.

”It was a good week,” Cruz said. ”Unfortunately, we only won once in seven games.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Mariners: Segura was back in the starting lineup Monday after missing four games with an arm infection. … C Mike Zunino, who’s been bothered by a sore right thumb and slumping at the plate, was replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Herrmann.

Orioles: Returning from a two-month stay on the disabled list, Tim Beckham went 0 for 4. … RHP Dylan Bundy twisted his ankle running the bases but is still projected to make his next start Thursday. … RHP Chris Tillman (lower back strain) gave up two runs in 3 1/3 innings for Class A Delmarva in the second game of his rehab assignment. … Mancini played despite having ”a real bad sore throat,” according to Showalter.

UP NEXT

Mariners: James Paxton (6-2, 3.72 ERA), the starter Tuesday night in the second game of the series, has allowed 10 runs over 7 1/3 innings in his last two starts.

Orioles: Kevin Gausman (3-6, 4.38) is winless in seven starts since May 11.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Seattle is hoping that shortstop Je

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 00:28

BALTIMORE — The Baltimore Orioles finally found some offense on its just-concluded six-game road trip Lorenzo Carter Color Rush Jersey , a big reason the team split six games.

They scored 20 runs while taking two of three from the Atlanta Braves over the weekend, and the Orioles want to try to keep that going against the Seattle Mariners when their four-game series starts on Monday at Camden Yards.

The Orioles scored 10, 7 and three runs against the Braves, and Mark Trumbo’s bat has come to life. Trumbo had five homers in the past week after getting a pinch-hit blast on Sunday during a 7-3 loss.

Baltimore needs that kind of offense if it wants to continue playing competitively.

Baltimore (23-53) will take on Seattle (47-31) for the first time this season in this series. The Orioles lost two of three in Washington against the Nationals before taking those two games in Atlanta and finally got some good pitching and hitting.

Andrew Cashner (2-8, 4.72 ERA) starts for the Orioles Monday against Felix Hernandez (6-6, 5.14). Despite his record, Cashner has not pitched that badly. The Orioles just have not given him a lot of offensive support at times.

He is 2-4 with a 4.04 career ERA versus the Mariners.

Hernandez has been inconsistent throughout much of this season but fared better lately. He has thrown well in three of his last four starts, and the Mariners are hoping for more of the same in this game.

Hernandez has a 5-4 career record and a 3.30 ERA against the Orioles.

The Orioles are starting to get back a number of players who were out due to injuries or have players who are finding their way after being out awhile.

Closer Zach Britton gave up four runs in the ninth inning of Friday’s 10-7 victory over Atlanta. That forced the contest into extra innings B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , and the Orioles won that in 15, but Britton rebounded and closed out Saturday’s win.

Trumbo has gotten hotter, and infielder Tim Beckham could return as early as Monday after missing about two months due to core muscle surgery.

“We’re looking forward to getting Tim back,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter told the Baltimore Sun. “We’re hoping to get him back to the player he was when he originally came over (in last summer’s trade with the Tampa Bay Rays). I’m hoping this surgery and some of the things can help him.”

Seattle is hoping that shortstop Jean Segura also will return Monday.

Segura has missed four straight games due to an infection in his right forearm. The arm was drained on Friday but he did not play over the weekend at the Boston Red Sox.

Nelson Cruz has hit in eight straight games and will face his former team in this series. He played for the Orioles in 2014 and helped them win the division and make it to the American League Championship Series before signing with the Mariners after that.

The Mariners could use help from Segura and Cruz as they have struggled throughout this East Coast swing. Seattle has gone just 1-5 on the trip so far, dropping three straight to the Yankees and two of three to Boston.

“We’ve got to get it turned back around,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said. “We had a lot of momentum going but this trip has not gone well, obviously.”
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

een out since June 20.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 00:52

Stuck in an 11-game losing streak Authentic Derwin James Jersey , the Detroit Tigers cleared the air with a pregame meeting. Then Nick Castellanos went out and cleared the bases with an important home run that helped stop Detroit’s slide.

Castellanos hit his fourth career grand slam, Jordan Zimmermann pitched seven strong innings and the Tigers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 9-1 on Sunday.

Manager Ron Gardenhire scheduled the pregame meeting, a relaxed session in which players were invited to say whatever was on their mind. Castellanos called it an opportunity to ”just kind of address the elephant in the room.”

”It gave anybody a chance that wanted to speak up to speak up,” said Castellanos, adding that Victor Martinez, James McCann and Gardenhire were among those who talked.

JaCoby Jones hit a two-run homer as the Tigers won for the first time since June 17, when they completed a three-game road sweep of the Chicago White Sox.

Castellanos nearly hit another home run in the ninth but Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Pillar made a leaping catch at the wall.

”I felt like I was going to have a chance to make a play,” Pillar said. ”A ball like that hit as high as it is it allows me time to kind of track the ball and track the fence and go up to try to make a play. ”

Castellanos stopped on the basepaths to applaud Pillar’s catch before turning and heading back to the dugout.

”What else can you say the end of the day besides `What a play,”’ Castellanos said. ”It sucks it had to happen to me but plays like that have to happen to somebody.”

Niko Goodrum had a career-high four hits and Jose Iglesias had two hits and two RBIs for Detroit Authentic Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , which had lost 12 of 14 at Rogers Centre.

”That was a fun win, a really fun with with a lot of great swings,” Gardenire said.

Zimmermann (3-0) allowed one run and five hits in his third start since returning from a shoulder injury that caused him to miss more than a month.

”He had a great curveball today,” Gardenhire said. ”That’s probably the best curveball I’ve seen all year out of him.”

Wearing red jerseys and caps for Canada Day, the Blue Jays couldn’t deliver a win for the holiday crowd of 37,445.

Tigers outfielder Leonys Martin left with a sore left hamstring after his bases-loaded bunt single in the fifth brought home Detroit’s first run. Martin was replaced by Victor Reyes.

Following the game, Gardenhire said Martin would be placed on the 10-day disabled list. A corresponding roster move will be made before Monday afternoon’s series finale.

Castellanos followed with his 13th home run, a shot that bounced off the top of the wall in right. It was his first grand slam since Sept. 8, 2017 Authentic Jalyn Holmes Jersey , also against Toronto.

Castellanos also made a fine catch in right, reaching back to grab Russell Martin’s line drive for the final out of the fourth.

Iglesias chased Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ (10-4) with a two-out, two-run single in the sixth.

Happ matched season-worsts by allowing seven runs and 10 hits in 5 2-3 innings.

”It’s not a pretty outing and I own that,” Happ said.

Happ had won six consecutive decisions since his previous defeat, May 10 against Seattle.

Teoscar Hernandez tripled in the first and scored on a two-out double by Justin Smoak, but Zimmermann recovered to retire the next nine Blue Jays batters.

For the second straight game, the roof was closed at Rogers Centre because of high heat and humidity.

MUSIC MAN

Blue Jays RHP John Axford complied a list of more than 500 songs by Canadian artists and has been playing his mix in the clubhouse all weekend. Axford’s `Oh Canada!’ playlist can be streamed using the online music service Spotify.

NOT YOUR DAY

The Blue Jays are 14-26 on Canada Day, including a 12-17 mark at home.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Tigers: RHP Alex Wilson, who left in the eighth inning Saturday because of a sore left calf Authentic Nate Solder Jersey , was not available. … RHP Drew VerHagen (nasal fracture) pitched one scoreless inning for Triple-A Toledo Saturday night, his first rehab appearance. VerHagen has been out since June 20.

Blue Jays: Toronto optioned utilityman Darnell Sweeney to Triple-A Buffalo after the game and will make a corresponding roster move Monday.

UP NEXT

Tigers RHP Mike Fiers (5-4, 4.04) faces Blue Jays LHP Ryan Borucki (0-1, 3.00) in Monday afternoon’s series finale. Fiers is 0-2 with a 5.91 ERA in two career starts at Rogers Centre. Borucki made his major league debut at Houston last Tuesday, allowing two runs in six innings.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

At least that’s an obvious e

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 01:02

Pete Carroll knows after eight seasons in charge of the Seattle Seahawks that his message always needs to evolve.

Much like Carroll’s messaging http://www.officialredwings.com/authentic-adidas-dylan-larkin-jersey , the Seahawks’ roster could see some major changes going into next season after missing the playoffs for the first time since 2011.

”We all have to keep changing and growing together. That’s why I always come back to compete, you know,” Carroll said. ”Keep competing to find a way to make sense and help a guy and pushing him to have success. Then we will do what we can do. Sometimes we do it better than others. Sometimes we shock the heck out of this, with all kinds of things that happen.”

There’s no denying Seattle’s core group is getting older, which coupled with salary cap concerns could lead to major overhauls at some positions.

Here are some positions to watch in the offseason:

JIMMY EFFECT: Despite catching 10 touchdown passes and finally becoming the red-zone threat Seattle hoped for, don’t expect Jimmy Graham to be back. It’s likely Graham’s last chance at a big contract and Seattle appears to have more pressing needs. The tight end position remains an important piece of Seattle’s offense, but both Graham and Luke Willson are free agents. Willson spoke hopefully of returning to the only team he’s played for. Seattle would be smart to get a tight end who is a premier blocker with pass-catching skills, similar to Zach Miller. But that’s easier said than found.

ON THE LINE: Michael Bennett was bluntly honest at the conclusion of the season that the NFL is a ”young man’s game,” and at age 32 he may be cycled out.

Even if Bennett does return, Seattle’s likely to see an overhaul along the defensive line. Cliff Avril appears to be leaning toward retirement. Sheldon Richardson played well in his one year with the Seahawks but is now a free agent.

The Seahawks have a decent foundation to build around with Frank Clark, Quinton Jefferson, Nazair Jones and Jarran Reed. They should bring back Dion Jordan after the former first-round pick’s performance once he became healthy. Bennett could return, but if so should take on less of a load. Despite playing with a foot injury the second half of the year Justin Abdelkader Jersey , Bennett still played 84.7 percent of the snaps this season.

OFFENSIVE SKILL: Seattle has high hopes next season for the running back duo of Chris Carson and Mike Davis. Still, expect the Seahawks to add another ball carrier to the mix and move on from Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls. At wide receiver, there is a big decision to be made with Paul Richardson, who will be an unrestricted free agent. Richardson finished with 44 receptions and flourished early in the season, but faded late with just nine receptions in the final five games.

WITNESS PROTECTION: Seattle’s offensive line woes have been an issue for three straight seasons. Youth, injuries, inconsistency have combined to make the Seahawks line a constant problem and brought plenty of criticism for offensive line coach Tom Cable.

But don’t expect massive changes. Part of the beauty of the deal for Duane Brown was having him under contract through 2018. Seattle immediately started playing better once Brown arrived. Justin Britt has proven a capable center and Seattle has high hopes for Ethan Pocic. The big question will be what Seattle does with George Fant. He was the presumptive starting left tackle before suffering an ACL injury during the preseason. Seattle could opt to put Fant at right tackle and move Germain Ifedi to guard after he struggled at tackle.

UNSPECIAL TEAMS: No, Blair Walsh will not be back.

At least that’s an obvious early indication with Seattle already signing former Jacksonville kicker Jason Myers to a futures contract. Walsh became a convenient person to blame after missing kicks in three games, leading to Seattle losses.

While Seattle is likely to make a change at kicker, it’s likely to be a low-cost move. This is why punter Jon Ryan may be in trouble. The veteran had an up-and-down season, will turn 37 next season and the Seahawks can save $2 million against the salary cap by releasing Ryan.

Ryan is the only player remaining on Seattle’s roster from before Carroll’s arrival.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Roark is glad to put June in his rearview mirror.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 01:15

WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals are approaching July 4 on the verge of becoming what nobody predicted them to be when the season started — a .500 club.

Washington fell to 42-41 Monday night with 4-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox Tarvarius Moore Color Rush Jersey , their sixth loss in seven games. Once again, they did almost enough to win, falling behind 3-0 and rallying within one before Craig Kimbrell retired Anthony Rendon with the tying run on base to end it.

Max Scherzer, who has had an impressive year at the plate as well as on the mound, ironically was done in by friend and former pitching teammate Rick Porcello, whose bases-loaded double off Scherzer in the second inning made it 3-0.

“I wish I had a lot to say about that, but I don’t really know what happened,” Porcello, who improved to 10-3, told NESN.com. “Obviously I know he’s got a big fastball and I just got lucky. He got to the top of his windup and I told myself start swinging and I hit it.”

With the loss, Washington dropped seven games behind the Atlanta Braves in the NL East.

“This is where the test is, that even when things aren’t going your way Kentavius Street Color Rush Jersey , when things are bleak, when we haven’t been playing great baseball, you have to find a way to take and find certain things you are doing well and just try to build off those,” Scherzer, winless in his last five starts, told MASN.com. “That’s just what the whole team has to do.”

The Red Sox (57-29) survived solo homers by Rendon in the fourth, Daniel Murphy in the sixth and Bryce Harper in the eighth.

Reliever Joe Kelly surrendered the Harper homer to cut Boston’s lead to 4-3. Since the start of June, Kelly has pitched 9 1/3 innings and allowed 12 hits and nine earned runs.

“We’ll keep working with him, one thing that he needs to do better is tempo,” Red Sox manager Joey Cora said. “I think his tempo is going the other way instead of being more aggressive, and just grab the ball and throw it. So, we’ll talk to him.”

Boston left-hander Brian Johnson (1-2 Harrison Phillips Color Rush Jersey , 4.28) opposes right-hander Tanner Roark (3-9, 4.10) on Tuesday night.

Johnson allowed a run in four innings for the Red Sox Thursday night against the Angels in place of Steven Wright, who went on the disabled list with a knee injury early last week. Tuesday could be Johnson’s last turn in the rotation with Drew Pomeranz close to returning.

Roark is glad to put June in his rearview mirror. He went 1-4 with a 6.08 ERA in five starts and one relief appearance, surrendering 18 earned runs in 26 2/3 innings. He did show improvement last time out, allowing two runs — one earned — on seven hits over six innings of a 4-3 loss to the Phillies while sporting a mustache and mutton chops.

“Tanner pitched good enough to win and that was good to see,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez told the Washington Post. “He started off a little erratic and then all of a sudden he started getting the ball down, which is good. He pitched well.”

Roark, sounding like any respectably superstitious baseball player, told the Post he’s keeping the mutton chops.

“I feel like it’s a pretty decent look,” he said.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

late

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 01:28

The slumping Chicago White Sox are playing a team that didn’t give up on its season despite a terrible start Authentic Troy Apke Jersey , so maybe they decided that was a pretty good strategy to adopt.

The White Sox could have easily given up on their Tuesday night game against the surging Cincinnati Reds despite falling behind 4-0 before they’d gotten an out and 7-2 following Adam Duvall’s three-run homer in the fifth inning.

And given up on the series, too, since the Reds beat them 5-3 on Monday for their 15th victory in a span of 20 games, the National League’s best record since June 10. The Reds also were 7-1 in interleague games.

Instead, the White Sox managed to tie it first at 7-all on a Leury Garcia pinch-hit RBI single in the eighth and at 8-all on Avisail Garcia’s second home run of the game and third of the series, in the ninth.

The White Sox finally broke through to win it 12-8 in the 12th on Yoan Moncada’s bases-full triple that right fielder Brandon Dixon brought back over the wall to prevent a homer but couldn’t keep in his glove, and Yolmer Sanchez’s RBI triple — both off reliever Jackson Stephens.

“The pitch was up and in but I was able to put the barrel on it and get a triple,” said Moncada, who had a three-hit night after coming in with a .191 average in his previous 44 games. “Little by little, the work I’ve been putting in day in and day out, I’ve been feeling better (at the plate).”

Well before the 12th, the White Sox began their comeback as Daniel Palka hit a two-run homer in the fourth, then teamed with Garcia to homer in the sixth. Garcia has a 13-game hitting streak, and is 14-for-30 with four homers and six RBIs in his last six games.

Now, after winning for only the second time in six contests and the sixth time in 19 games, the White Sox are in position to take the series if they can win Wednesday night at Great American Ball Park. White Sox right-hander Dylan Covey (3-3 Authentic Michael Gallup Jersey , 4.82 ERA) will oppose Reds right-hander Sal Romano (4-8, 5.30) in a matchup of pitchers who haven’t faced the opposing team before.

Covey is in a major slump, going 0-2 with an elevated 12.71 ERA with 12 walks and three strikeouts over his last three starts — this after he was 2-0 with a 1.00 ERA in his first three starts in June. His last time out, he surrendered four home runs and eight earned runs in 2 1/3 innings of a 11-3 loss to the Texas Rangers on Friday.

“I made a couple of mistakes they capitalized on,” Covey told reporters afterward. “For the most part I was throwing good pitches. They were just taking the borderline ones and were all over everything that was in the zone. I don’t have an explanation.”

Manager Rick Renteria did.

“I think there were probably a lot of pitches left over the center of plate,” he said.

Or exactly the kind of pitches the White Sox jumped on Tuesday while getting 15 hits in only their second extra-inning win of the season, as compared to three losses. By winning, the White Sox avoided falling to a season-worst 27 games below .500.

The Reds have put together a string of improbable victories while starting to turn their season around after being 3-15 and 8-27. But this was a game in which they couldn’t hold a succession of leads — 4-0, 7-2, 8-7 — as they played more like they did in April.

“It got away from us late, but that’s a good offensive baseball team,” Reds interim manager Jim Riggleman said. “Garcia’s a bear to deal with right now and he got us. … But we had a big-enough lead that we should have put it away in nine (innings).”

The Reds wasted a pair of two-run homers in the first by NL batting leader Scooter Gennett and NL RBIs leader Eugenio Suarez, plus Duvall’s three-run shot and a timely play by Billy Hamilton in which he scored the go-ahead run in the eighth on a ground ball to shortstop against a drawn-in infield.

“(But) we’ve been playing too good of baseball to get hung up on one game,” Reds starting pitcher Anthony DeSclafani said. “I don’t think this game is going to affect us one bit.”

Romano has pitched well in three of his last four starts, with a June 24 outing against the Cubs in which he gave up five runs in five innings being the only exception. He gave up only three runs over 20 innings in the other three starts.

White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu (sore ankle) is expected back in the lineup after sitting out Tuesday for precautionary reasons.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

UP NEXT

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 01:39

The NHL game in Boston between the Bruins and Florida Panthers was among the sports events disrupted Thursday by the winter storm that hit the East Coast.

The Panthers-Bruins matchup was postponed. The NHL hasn’t yet announced a makeup date.

Rugged weather also delayed the New York Giants’ search for a new coach. They were set to interview Eric Studesville Chargers Game Jerseys , the recently fired Broncos’ running backs coach, but that meeting will now take place next week.

Boston College pushed back the women’s basketball game it was scheduled to host against North Carolina by a day until Friday. Also, Rutgers said its gymnastics team was unable to travel to Arizona for its season-opening meet Saturday.

Horse racing at Aqueduct Racetrack was called off through the weekend because of the snow, cold and wind. Live racing will resume on Jan. 11.

Reynaldo Lopez had just walked in a run when Shin-Soo Choo came up with a chance to give Texas a lead while extending the longest on-base streak in the majors this season.

The White Sox right-hander recorded that key out , and Chicago responded with a five-run fifth inning that included Matt Davidson’s two-run double in a 10-5 victory over the Rangers on Sunday.

”You have to be confident in yourself every time, 100 percent,” Lopez said through an interpreter. ”Have confidence in your pitches, and execute your pitches and execute a plan. I think that was the key for me that inning.”

Avisail Garcia had four hits and Davidson and Jose Abreu drove in three runs apiece to help the White Sox avoid a sweep to start a 10-game road trip, their longest of the season. Davidson had his second straight three-hit game.

Choo extended the on-base streak to 42 games with an eighth-inning walk after going 0 for 4 against Lopez Dolphins Game Jerseys , including the strikeout looking with the bases loaded in a 2-2 tie to end the fourth.

Leading off as the designated hitter after missing a game with a strained right quadriceps that the club said will limit him defensively for a few weeks, Choo’s hitting streak ended at 12 games. The on-base streak is the third-longest streak in club history, and longest since 1995.

Lopez (4-5) made it through 6 1/3 innings in the boiling Texas heat – a first-pitch temperature of 97 degrees that climbed past 100 before the last of Lopez’s career-high 114 pitches. The right-hander allowed seven hits and two runs with six strikeouts.

”I didn’t feel tired in any moment of the game,” Lopez said. ”But right now, yes. Especially because today’s game, a day game with the heat, and I feel really tired.”

One-time Texas closer Joakim Soria pitched around two singles in the ninth and had three strikeouts in a five-out save. It was his 12th save of the season in his 14th consecutive scoreless appearance. It was also his first five-out save since 2009.

Five straight Chicago hitters reached with one out in the five-run fifth against Texas ace Cole Hamels, starting with ninth-hitting Adam Engel on a wild pitch after a strikeout.

Tim Anderson doubled, Garcia hit a run-scoring single and Abreu had an infield single before Davidson’s double off the bottom of the 14-foot wall in left field.

Garcia had two doubles and one of two triples for the White Sox Vikings Game Jerseys , who started the day tied for second in the majors with 23 triples. Abreu’s RBIs were on a groundout, a triple and a sacrifice fly.

Hamels (4-7) gave up a season-high seven earned runs on nine hits, which tied the season high from his previous start. The left-hander matched a season low with five innings amid talk of a deadline trade with the Rangers in last place in the AL West.

”The heat’s the heat,” said Hamels, whose ERA in home starts went up to 5.83 while that number in day games ballooned to 7.53. ”It doesn’t really have any sort of effect on locating a pitch. I think it’s a lot of the times you just get into a rhythm or you get outside of your rhythm and you just don’t slow it down.”

GOING EXTRAS

There weren’t any homers while the teams combined for 15 runs and 25 hits. But there were nine extra-base hits, including five doubles by the White Sox. Joey Gallo had a two-run triple for the Rangers on a ball that was misplayed in the gap by Engel, the center fielder, and Garcia, who was playing right.

SHORT HOPS

Rougned Odor reached all five times Patriots Game Jerseys , a career high, with two walks and three singles for Texas. … Soria recorded his second save of at least four outs this season. … Hamels had at least seven strikeouts without a walk for the first time in almost two years. … Garcia’s four hits were a season high, and Abreu matched his best this year with three RBIs.

TRAINER’S ROOM

White Sox: LF Leury Garcia left after striking out in the fifth inning with a jammed finger on his left hand. He will re-evaluated Monday.

Rangers: Manager Jeff Banister was noncommittal on the next outing for LHP Martin Perez (right elbow). He’s had two straight scoreless rehab outings. Perez has been on the disabled list since April 30.

UP NEXT

White Sox: RHP James Shields (3-9, 4.29 ERA) is scheduled for the opener of a three-game interleague series in Cincinnati on Monday. He is 1-4 with a 5.97 ERA in six road games this season, including five starts.

Rangers: RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx (1-1, 3.57) is scheduled for the opener of a two-game series against Houston on Tuesday. He pitched five scoreless innings in a no-decision against San Diego on Tuesday.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

.08 ERA) has settled into a groove after a slow start. He’s

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 01:59

FOXBOROUGH Youth Jonathan Allen Jersey , Mass. — Having already survived two win-or-go-home battles, the Tennessee Titans face their toughest test when they visit the defending champion New England Patriots in Saturday night’s AFC divisional round game.

The Titans pulled out a 15-10 home win over the Jacksonville Jaguars in their regular-season finale to earn a spot in the playoffs. They then went on the road and rallied from 21-3 down and stunned the Kansas City Chiefs 22-21 to advance for the second time.

Now, the Titans are two-touchdown underdogs as the Patriots are expected by most people to take the next step toward their sixth Super Bowl crown of the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady Era.

“It just shows that how tough of a team they are under the pressure,” New England’s Rob Gronkowski said earlier this week. “They’ve basically won two playoff games — one to get into the playoffs and a playoff game last week. It just shows how tough they are, how fundamental they are and that they’re ready to bring it in the clutch times.”

The Patriots have won the last six games between the teams and the Titans haven’t won in Foxborough since 1993, when they were the Houston Oilers.

While the Titans were pulling off their major comeback against the Chiefs, the Patriots were going through another bye week, but one that was filled with controversy. An ESPN report dealt with dissension among New England’s power trio of owner Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady — much of it centering around the Pats’ trade of Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers for just a second-round draft choice.

So, the Patriots have been dealing with questions all week — as the Titans just prepare.

“You know what, I’ll be honest with you, I don’t know anything about it,” Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey said on a conference call with the New England media, regarding the controversy. “I’m not a social media guy. I don’t know enough, I really don’t, to make any comment about something like that.”

One thing, besides championships, the Patriots have become known for is blocking out distractions. Belichick simply won’t allow any outside stimuli to affect his team.

“Throughout my years here I’ve seen a lot of negative, a lot of positive,” Gronkowski said Tuesday. “The reputation that Coach tries to get us to have is just ignore the noise — ignore the noise from the outside and I feel like that’s what myself and a lot of other players have been doing.

“You just gotta ignore the noise and just focus on what we’ve been doing all year and that’s preparing hard, studying our opponent, getting ready, mentally and physically for the big game, so what’s going on on the outside, as a team, as an organization, just gotta keep grinding, keep going, keep doing our job.”

The New England defense is spending the week preparing for mobile quarterback Marcus Mariota, a third-year pro who can make things happen with his legs. He ran 87 yards for a 2015 touchdown.

“He actually knows when to run and when to pass the ball when scrambling,” Patriots safety Duron Harmon said Wednesday. “It’s a very unique skill because a lot of guys once they get scrambling, they’re not even looking downfield anymore, they’re just looking to run. But he always has his eyes downfield — always knows when to run, when to throw the pass, I would say his touch on the ball, too, that gets people open when he’s scrambling.”

Mariota Youth Geron Christian Jersey , who threw 13 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions during the regular season, had two touchdown passes and one pick in the playoff win. One of the touchdowns passes actually went to himself after Darrelle Revis batted down one of his passes before Mariota caught it and scored.

But Mariota was also sixth in the NFL (Brady was first) in third-down passer rating.

Wednesday, the Titans announced running back DeMarco Murray will miss his third straight game with a knee injury, while the Patriots could get both James White and Rex Burkhead back to further fortify a running game that has excelled even without them thanks to Dion Lewis.

Earlier this week, Titans’ All-Pro safety Kevin Byard said the goal of his defense is pretty simple — turn Brady into Blake Bortles.

“It’s a playoff game, so it’s not like it’s the preseason where I can go out there, ‘Oh, it’s Brady,’ and I’m chillin’,” Byard said Tuesday.

“This is a playoff game. So I don’t really care if it was Joe Montana. You know what I’m saying? I’m trying to go out there and win the game. I want to make him look like Blake Bortles if I can and try to catch a couple picks.

“Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but it’s a playoff game. I’m not really looking at it like that.”

Cornerback Logan Ryan, a former Patriots player now with the Titans, has been limited in practice with an ankle injury.

The Detroit Tigers recovered quickly from the loss of their biggest star. They now have a chance to collect a series win over a key division rival.

The Tigers rallied for four runs in the eighth inning to defeat the Minnesota Twins 5-2 on Wednesday night. Detroit was playing its first game since learning Miguel Cabrera would miss the remainder of the season with a ruptured biceps tendon.

“We talked about it beforehand,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “Miggy’s down, we lost a tough one last night but the one thing this ballclub has done to this point is always bounce back. They always come back with fight and they did it tonight.”

The Tigers will rely on a younger, unheralded group of players to carry them the rest of the way. John Hicks, who replaced Cabrera at first base, had three hits Wednesday. So did utilityman Niko Goodrum. Victor Reyes, a Rule 5 draftee who has played sparingly, knocked in the go-ahead run.

“That’s when a team is rolling,” right fielder Nicholas Castellanos said. “Flip a coin. Everybody’s picking up the slack, everybody’s doing their part. Even when I don’t come through, Candy (Jeimer Candelario) doesn’t come through or (Leonys) Martin doesn’t come through, that’s OK because we know the guy behind us is going to step up and do it.”

Michael Fulmer will oppose Lance Lynn in the finale of the three-game series Thursday afternoon.

Fulmer (2-5, 4.40 ERA) got a no-decision in his last start but it was one of his most powerful performances this season. He held Cleveland to one run on five hits in seven innings while recording seven strikeouts Friday.

He threw 71 fastballs between 95 and 99 mph that evening.

“I finally felt like I was back to my old self a little bit,” Fulmer told the Detroit News afterward. “My fastball was coming out good. My change-up and slider were there. Now I have to keep doing what I’ve been doing, keep getting better.”

He’s given the Twins fits in his three major league seasons. Fulmer has won all of his four career stats against them while posting a 3.04 ERA. He’s struck out 23 in 23 2/3 innings in those outings.

Lynn (4-4, 5.08 ERA) has settled into a groove after a slow start. He’s won three of his last four outings, including a six-inning stint Friday when he held the Los Angeles Angels to one run on four hits in a no-decision.

“It’s getting there,” Lynn told mlb.com afterward. “Had the one inning (in the second) where I gave up the run, threw a bunch of pitches, which cost me the ability to go deeper into the game. But overall, my stuff was good.”

That quality stretch began with his best performance of the season, when he held the Tigers scoreless for 6 2/3 innings on May 22.

In three career starts against Detroit, Lynn is 2-1 with a 2.84 ERA.

Following Thursday’s matinee, Minnesota heads to Cleveland for a three-game series while Detroit begins an eight-game road trip against the Chicago White Sox.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

and missed the playoffs.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 03:45

Andrew Heaney was a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers for a few hours early in his major league career.

Heaney is still hoping to convince their front office they should have given him a longer look five years ago. He’ll get another opportunity Sunday evening when he takes the mound for the Los Angeles Angels in the series finale against the Dodgers at Angel Stadium.

The Dodgers (48-40) gave up two runs in the ninth inning and lost the series opener 3-2 on Friday night Authentic Customized Bills Jerseys , then held on for a 3-1 win against the Angels (45-45) on Saturday.

Heaney was traded from the Miami Marlins to the Dodgers at the winter meetings Dec. 12, 2014, but a few hours later the Dodgers dealt him to the Angels for popular second baseman Howie Kendrick.

Heaney had two chances to beat the Dodgers during the 2015 season, but lost both games. He gave up two runs and four hits in 5 1/3 innings of a 3-1 loss at Dodger Stadium on Aug. 1 of that season. Five weeks later at Angel Stadium, he gave up five runs and six hits in five innings of a 6-4 loss.

Heaney had Tommy John surgery in June 2016 and made only six starts over the next two seasons.

Heaney (4-6, 3.94) had a solid month of May this season, posting a 2-3 record and 2.41 ERA in six starts. He had a winning mark of 2-1 in June, but his ERA dipped to 4.45 for the month. In his only start in July, he gave up three runs and five hits in seven innings at the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday, taking the loss in the 4-1 defeat.

“It’s sort of been the same old story for a little while, just sort of the big innings where I let it kind of build,” Heaney told reporters after his latest outing. “It’s something where I need to come out and establish earlier Authentic Customized Panthers Jerseys , kind of get ahead, and all the other same stuff we always talk about.”

Heaney will be opposed by Dodgers left-hander Alex Wood, who will be aiming to win his fifth straight start. Wood also won all five appearances in May of last season on his way to an 11-0 start.

Wood (5-5, 3.84) probably didn’t expect to have a chance to go over .500 by early July after dropping to 0-4 on May 15.

“Winning is just nice,” Wood told Sportsnet after his latest start, a 17-1 win against the visiting Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday. “Four in a row is nice, especially where I was after that three-start stretch. So I feel good, just trying to keep moving forward and looking towards the future. Hopefully, we’ll keep swinging the bats well and play well going into the All-Star break.”

The Angels are the only American League West team Wood has not faced in his major league career.

He struggled in his only interleague start this season, giving up seven runs and seven hits over 3 2/3 innings in a 16-6 loss to the visiting Oakland A’s on April 11.

Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco will undergo additional tests on his bruised right elbow after he was placed on the 10-day disabled list Sunday.

Carrasco was struck by Joe Mauer’s line drive in the second inning of Saturday’s 9-3 loss to Minnesota. The injury is a big blow for the Indians, whose strong rotation has kept them on top of the AL Central.

The 31-year-old Carrasco, who is 8-5 with a 4.24 ERA in 15 starts Authentic Customized Bears Jerseys , will have imaging procedures Monday to determine if he sustained more serious damage, including whether he has a fracture.

”That’s what they would certainly be looking for,” manager Terry Francona said. ”So far they’re calling it a contusion, which would be fortunate and we’d be really happy with.”

Francona is hoping the tests will provide more clarity to the situation.

”They’re going to try and get the swelling down and take care of some of the trauma,” he said. ”We hope to know exactly what’s going on in there or what isn’t going on.”

Carrasco has been one of the most consistent starters in the AL, going 43-26 over the last three seasons, including 18-6 in 2017.

Carrasco was hit in the face by a line drive in 2015, but made his next turn in the rotation. He broke his right hand after being hit by a line drive late in the 2016 season and missed the playoffs.

Cleveland’s starters have helped offset one of the worst bullpens in the majors. Andrew Miller is on the disabled list with right knee inflammation and the team doesn’t know when he’ll return. He was also on the DL earlier this season with a strained left hamstring.

Cleveland also recalled right-hander Shane Bieber from Triple-A Columbus to make his second major league start Sunday. Left-hander Tyler Olson was placed on the DL with a strained back muscle, and right-hander Evan Marshall was recalled from Columbus.

Right-hander Adam Plutko was scheduled to start Sunday, but pitched two innings Saturday. Francona used six relievers, including outfielder Brandon Guyer in the ninth.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

who is eligible to come off

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qua Out 17, 2018 03:56

The season-long battle between slalom rivals Marcel Hirscher and Henrik Kristoffersen became a snowball fight for once.

Shortly before Hirscher won a World Cup night race on Tuesday http://www.officialmapleleafsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-james-van-riemsdyk-jersey , his Norwegian rival had snowballs thrown at him by spectators during his final run.

None of the projectiles hit Kristoffersen but the Norwegian was furious as he reacted with wild arm gestures after crossing the finish.

”That was disrespectful. That was not cool at all,” said Kristoffersen, adding the incident distracted him but did not cost him the victory.

Hirscher, the Austrian six-time overall champion, built on his first-run lead to win by 0.39 seconds. In the final slalom before the Pyeongchang Olympics, he and Kristoffersen were far ahead of the field as third-place Daniel Yule of Switzerland was 2.13 seconds behind.

”I would not have beaten him even if there were no snowballs. Marcel was better today. We are in a league of our own, this battle is really great,” said the Norwegian, who beat Hirscher in a slalom in Kitzbuehel two days ago. Together they have won seven of the season’s eight World Cups in the discipline.

”One time I am ahead by a few hundredths, the next time Marcel is ahead by a few hundredths. Let’s see what happens at the Olympics,” Kristoffersen said.

Hirscher, who didn’t see the incident from the starting gate, apologized to Kristoffersen immediately after the race.

”I feel very sorry for Henrik,” said Hirscher, adding that ”99.9 percent” of the 41,000 spectators were great fans. ”But it’s a little bit of a shame that we also have such spectators who do this.”

The incident sparked an outcry on social media, and women’s overall champion Mikaela Shiffrin said on Twitter that ”throwing snowballs or any other kind of obstruction AT racers WHILE they are skiing to throw them off is not only disgusting, but dangerous. Get a life.”

Hirscher got his ninth win of the season and 54th overall Tomas Tatar Jersey , matching Austrian great Hermann Maier’s career total. Only Swedish standout Ingemar Stenmark (86) has won more races.

”It’s unbelievable and a dream has come true. Wow,” said Hirscher, who won slalom gold at the world championships on the same hill five years ago. ”I have never skied in Schladming with so many emotions. The feelings are a bit like the worlds in 2013.”

Hirscher got the record despite breaking his ankle in the offseason and missing his entire preparation period.

”Maybe I should do that more often. Not breaking my ankle, but taking more time off,” he said.

Among the spectators was Hirscher’s close friend, motorbike rider Matthias Walkner, who had just returned from South America where he won the Dakar Rally.

”I will share a drink with Matthias tonight. It won’t get much better than this,” said Hirscher, whose win was the 500th by an Austrian man in the 51-year history of the World Cup.

Yule got his second career podium two days after finishing third in Kitzbuehel, and said ”doing this in the two temples of slalom is unbelievable.”

The men’s World Cup continues with a downhill and a giant slalom in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, this weekend.

Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle insists he hasn’t been keeping close tabs of his team’s slide following a hot start. He wasn’t aware the Pirates had dropped eight straight series until someone mentioned it to him earlier in the week.

”If somebody would have told me you’re going to lose eight series, you’d think you’re going to be horrible,” Hurdle said. ”We’re not horrible. We’re fighting. And we believe that our best baseball is in front of us.”

It is, at least when the Pirates play the struggling Cincinnati Reds. Josh Harrison hit a two-run homer, Colin Moran and Elias Diaz added solo shots and the Pirates pulled away for a 6-2 victory on Saturday to push their modest winning streak to three and assuring themselves of their first positive series since taking a two-game set from the Chicago White Sox a month ago.

”We know what’s happened here the past couple weeks,” Harrison said. ”Guys are still plugging away and coming ready to show up every day and we’ve had three in a row. We know that doesn’t speak for what’s happened or what will happen. We’ve just got to continue to keep bringing it every day.”

Moran and Diaz both went deep off Luis Castillo (4-8) to give Pittsburgh the lead. Harrison hit his fourth of the season off reliever Austin Brice in the sixth. The Cincinnati native finished 2 for 4 is hitting .368 (14 for 38) against the Reds.

”Any time you can have a total offensive effort like that, it shows that we’re doing what we’re supposed to Womens Justin Houston Jersey , taking advantage of mistake pitches and when presented with an opportunity to move a runner, get it done,” Harrison said.

Ivan Nova (4-5) worked through heavy traffic on a day his breaking ball abandoned him to last six innings and pick up his second victory in as many starts since returning from the 10-day disabled list with a sprained right ring finger. Nova allowed only Eugenio Suarez’s 13th home run in the second, striking out three while giving up three walks.

”I didn’t have the curveball today, but we grinded out there,” Nova said.

Castillo struggled keeping the ball on the right side of the fence at PNC Park, a problem that’s plagued the 25-year-old all season. He’s now allowed at least one home run in 15 of his 18 starts.

”It’s surprising because I’m trying to do my best and every time I get out there, I give up one or two home runs,” Castillo said after dropping his fourth straight decision. ”I really don’t know what’s happening right now. I’m just going to keep working in the bullpen and keep doing my best trying to help.”

Rookie Brandon Dixon hit his first major league home run off Pittsburgh reliever Michael Feliz in the ninth and Jesse Winker had two of Cincinnati’s seven hits to snap out of an 0-for-13 skid, but the Reds had issues taking advantage against Nova.

Cincinnati went 0 for 7 with runners in scoring position and is now 0 for 19 with runners in scoring position in the series.

”We’ve just got to get it going,” Reds manager Jim Riggleman said. ”You go through these things. We’ve got a good offensive ball club. We’ve shown it many times. We’re just in a little funk here where we’re not getting some timely hits.”

Moran broke a tie with his fourth home run of the season and first since June 2 when he sent Castillo’s pitch into the bullpen beyond the centerfield fence leading off the second. Diaz made it 3-1 when his fifth home run led off the third.

The Reds had their opportunities against Nova. They loaded the bases in the fourth only to have Billy Hamilton ground out to first to end the threat. Scott Schebler led off the fifth with a double but couldn’t get home and Hamilton came to the plate in the sixth with two runners on only to fly out to left field.

Hamilton finished 0 for 4 as his averaged dipped to .187.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Pirates: Reliever Richard Rodriguez (right shoulder inflammation) threw 20 pitches in a simulated game and is nearing a return from the 10-day disabled list. Rodriguez, who is eligible to come off the DL on Monday, said ”things feel really good right now.”

UP NEXT

Reds: Anthony DeSclafani (1-1, 5.40 ERA) starts the series finale on Sunday. The 28-year-old picked up his first victory since 2016 in his previous start against St. Louis.

Pirates: Joe Musgrove (2-1, 2.16) makes his first career start against the Reds. Musgrove gave up two earned runs in five innings of a no decision on Monday against Arizona.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Anterior

Voltar para Sistemas de Equações

• Tópicos relacionados
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem