• Anúncio Global
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem

Equação com Radical

seven passes

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:31

Filip Forsberg Dak Prescott Jersey Womens , Pekka Rinne and the Nashville Predators showed they aren’t ready for their season to end yet.

Forsberg had two goals and an assist, Rinne stopped 34 shots for his second shutout of the playoffs, and the Predators beat the Winnipeg Jets 4-0 on Monday to force a decisive Game 7 in their Western Conference semifinal series.

”Desperation,” Rinne said after his fifth career playoff shutout. ”It just shows that we have a really tight group.”

Viktor Arvidsson also scored twice, including a late empty-netter, and added an assist for the Predators. Roman Josi and Ryan Johansen each had two assists.

After the Jets’ top line combined for eight points in a 6-2 victory in Game 5 in Nashville to take a 3-2 series lead, the Predators No. 1 trio of Forsberg, Arvidsson and Johansen did the same when it mattered most.

”It’s the most fun,” Forsberg said. ”You can never have more fun than playing these elimination games. … Just try to enjoy it as much as possible.”

Connor Hellebuyck stopped 25 shots for the Jets.

Game 7 in this series in which neither team has won consecutive games is Thursday at Nashville, Tennessee Mitchell Trubisky Jersey , with the winner advancing to face the expansion Vegas Golden Knights in the Western Conference final. Each team has also won twice on the road.

”It’s been back and forth, up and down,” Winnipeg head coach Paul Maurice said. ”It’s probably right that it’s going seven.”

The Jets finished 0 for 4 on the power play, including three chances in the first period.

”The power play is probably just a microcosm of the way we played,” Winnipeg center Paul Stastny said. ”We probably weren’t moving as well or as sharp as we wanted.”

With the Predators up 1-0 after one period, Forsberg doubled the lead at 8:44 of the second on a great solo rush for his sixth of the postseason. After breaking his stick in the defensive zone blocking a shot, the Swedish forward raced to the bench to get a new one as the puck almost simultaneously arrived at his feet. Forsberg stayed onside, fought off Jets defenseman Ben Chairot and beat Hellebuyck short-side before crashing into the net.

Winnipeg had made an earlier push coming out of the first intermission, with Paul Stastny’s shot just wide being the best chance after Mathieu Perreault’s dump in hit the linesman and caromed into the slot. Stastny also missed from a tight angle off the boards on the follow up on Rinne.

After Forsberg made it 2-0, Rinne was there to stop Adam Lowry with his pad before just getting a piece of Mark Scheifele’s shot on an abbreviated 2-on-1 to keep Nashville up by two.

The Jets got their fourth power play of the night early in the third Jarvis Landry Jersey , but Scheifele fired wide on the best opportunity.

Forsberg then took a pass from behind the net, played it between his own legs and beat Hellebuyck for his second of the night and seventh of the playoffs at 5:55.

”I don’t think there’s any question that Fil’s a big-game player,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said. ”(The second) goal was just good work by their line, but he had to finish it off. Let’s be honest, none of us in this room can make that play. … You’ve got to give him a lot of credit.”

With Hellebuyck pulled for an extra skater, Arvidsson scored into the empty net with 4:02 left to seal Nashville’s win.

Nashville took the lead just 62 seconds into the first period to quiet the usual rowdy, white-clad crowd at Bell MTS Place on Arvidsson’s fourth. The speedy winger crashed into the end boards after being taken down by Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Arvidsson briefly complained to the referee before getting back in the slot just in time to make a defensive deflection of a blast from Josi that looked destined to hit him directly in his head as he dropped to the ice.

Referee Wes McCauley initially waved off the goal that bounced past Hellebuyck for high-sticking, but it was determined after video review that Arvidsson’s stick was below the crossbar on the tip.

The Predators and Jets finished with the two best records during the regular season – Nashville had 117 points to win its first Presidents’ Trophy, while Winnipeg was right behind with 114 points.

NOTES: The extra day before Game 7 is due to a Justin Timberlake concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday night. … Teemu Selanne, a member of the original Jets from 1992-96 Michael Gallup Jersey Elite , was in attendance. … Predators forward Scott Hartnell returned to the lineup after sitting out Game 5 as a healthy scratch. Calle Jarnkrok also drew in for Nashville on the fourth line with Mike Fisher after sitting out the last three.

Khalil Mack is holding out from the mandatory minicamp for the Oakland Raiders.

Mack stayed away from the first day of the three-day minicamp on Tuesday. He is subject to a fine of about $80,000 if he doesn’t show up at all this week.

Mack is entering the final season of his rookie contract that is set to pay him $13.8 million. Mack is seeking a long-term deal and hasn’t participated in the entire offseason program in the first year under new coach Jon Gruden.

”One of the big reasons I came here was to coach that man,” Gruden said. ”I don’t want to speculate. There are a lot of guys in the league, several players in a similar situation. We’re just trying to resolve it as soon as possible and in the meantime coach the players that are here.”

Mack has been one of the top defensive players in football since being drafted in the first round in 2014. He was a first-team All-Pro at both defensive end and linebacker in 2015 and won AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2016. He has 40 1/2 sacks in four seasons and leads the NFL in QB pressures with 185.5 since entering the league, according to SportRadar.

”You can’t replace Khalil,” safety Karl Joseph said. ”You know what he’s doing. We respect it. I think the other guys have done a good job stepping up and learning the system like everybody else has been. When he’s ready to come back, we’ll be ready for him. You can’t replace a guy like that.”

The Raiders also signed free agent defensive tackles Ahtyba Rubin and Frostee Rucker on Tuesday and waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg and linebacker Brady Shelton to make room on the roster.

Rubin spent his first seven seasons with Cleveland before stints with Seattle, Denver and Atlanta the past three years. Rubin has appeared in 144 games and made 107 starts, while recording 428 tackles, 15 sacks Anthony Miller Bears Jersey , two interceptions, seven passes defensed, six forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Rucker spent the first six years of his career with Cincinnati before going to Cleveland in 2012. He spent the past five seasons with Arizona. Rucker has appeared in 142 games with 73 starts, recording 350 tackles, 21.5 sacks, one interception, 12 passes defensed, eight forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Formação Escolar: ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL I
Andamento: cursando

along with Josh Norman.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:37

Mike Babcock was at his daughter’s graduation when he received a text message from a friend about reports of a strained relationship with star center Auston Matthews.

”I’ll find out in the morning Byron Jones Jersey Womens ,” the Toronto coach replied. ”I’ll meet him. I’ll ask him in the morning.”

As the Maple Leafs cleaned out their lockers Friday in the wake of a seven-game loss to the Boston Bruins in the first round of the playoffs, Babcock and Matthews addressed speculation the coach had ”lost” his player during the series.

”I said, `What’s going on?”’ Babcock told reporters of his conversation with Matthews. ”It’s interesting in Toronto, you (media) do such a good job. You’re everywhere. You’re under the bench, you’re in the crack in the door, you’re in the car, you’re in the parking lot. You’re everywhere, and any time anybody does anything there’s a big story.

”I asked him flat-out, `Do we have any (issues)?’ He was sitting right there. We don’t seem to.”

Matthews, who had just a goal and an assist against Boston Anthony Miller Jersey Youth , said talk of friction also was news to him.

”I don’t know what that’s all about,” he said. ”Our relationship’s fine. Obviously, you guys can speculate all you want, but I think it’s pointless.

”Stuff happens, people speculate. I can tell you right now it’s not the case.”

The 20-year-old from Arizona scored 34 goals in regular season despite missing 20 games due to injury, but admitted to being frustrated in the Bruins series following a Game 7 where Toronto blew a 4-3 lead in the third period before losing 7-4.

”Auston’s a young man trying to be the best player in the world,” Babcock said. ”The hardest part in life is when you’re disappointed and you thought you maybe could have done more. I know that from me as a coach … it makes you sick, almost. He’s a good young man. We’re lucky to have him. I’m lucky to get to coach him, and we continue to grow our product here with him leading the way.”

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-9)

OPEN CAMP: July 26, Richmond http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/landon-collins-jersey , Virginia

LAST YEAR: Injuries, ineffective running game and porous run defense derailed playoff hopes. Nine starters were on injured reserve by end of season, including left tackle Trent Williams, tight end Jordan Reed, and linebacker Mason Foster. Quarterback Kirk Cousins surpassed 4,000 yards for third straight year, threw for 27 touchdowns and ran for four, but had three interceptions in season finale that turned out to be final game with team. Blowing 31-16 lead at New Orleans in November ended realistic postseason hopes before Thanksgiving. Receiver Josh Doctson showed hope for future with 35 catches for 502 yards and team-high six TDs. First-round pick Jonathan Allen flashed elite ability on defensive line before foot injury halted season five games in. Defense allowed 348 yards and 24 points per game. Offense couldn’t keep up while down several key weapons.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: QB Alex Smith, WR Paul Richardson, LB Pernell McPhee Blake Martinez Jersey Youth , CB Orlando Scandrick, rookie RB Derrius Guice, rookie DL Daron Payne.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Cousins, WR Terrelle Pryor, WR Ryan Grant, TE Niles Paul, C Spencer Long, LB Will Compton, CB Kendall Fuller, CB Bashaud Breeland.

CAMP NEEDS: Sort out crowded field of running backs that includes Guice Authentic Walter Payton Jersey , previous starter Robert Kelley, Chris Thompson, and 2017 fourth-round pick Samaje Perine. Guice has talent and pedigree to emerge as feature back. Smith must get on same page with coach Jay Gruden and develop chemistry with Reed, Doctson, Jamison Crowder and rest of targets after years of them working with Cousins. Williams will get opportunity to show he’s healthy after surgery to repair torn tendon in right knee. On defense, Scandrick will compete with Fabian Moreau and Quinton Dunbar for starting spot along with Josh Norman. Three days of joint workouts with Jets after two camps without outside competition should help Redskins prepare better than years past.

EXPECTATIONS: Winning season is realistic if Smith is as good as or better than Cousins and running game gets on track. Defense should be better with Alabama products Allen and Payne and return of Brown. Best case is competition for playoff spot behind NFC East favorite Philadelphia, while worst case is significant step back that endangers Gruden’s long-term job security.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Atlanta (11-6) visits

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 16, 2018 23:18

Sweden capped a victorious run through the ice hockey world championship by edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday in the final after a penalty shootout to successfully defend its title.

Forward Filip Forsberg scored the decisive goal in the shootout to give Sweden a third world title in six years Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey Dolphins , and 11th overall.

Sweden won all 10 matches at the tournament.

”We wanted to win the gold medal, and here we are,” Sweden forward Viktor Arvidsson said. ”It’s unbelievable, especially for Filip (Forsberg). He’s a great player, one of our top players. It’s unbelievable to win with my teammates.”

Arvidsson Youth Kevin Hogan Jersey , together with Nashville Predators teammates Forsberg and defenseman Mattias Ekholm, joined the Swedish team during the tournament after the Predators were eliminated from the NHL playoffs.

”We had the puck a lot,” Arvidsson said. ”They did a great job defending.”

Sweden outshot Switzerland 38-27 but could not get the puck past goaltender Leonardo Genoni.

Switzerland finished runner-up for the third time after 2013 and 1935. It has never won.

”We battled hard … all the tournament long,” Switzerland defenseman Mirco Muller said. ”Once you look at the bigger picture, it’s huge for Swiss hockey. But right now http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-rick-leonard-jersey , there’s a disappointment. We definitely had our chances.”

Switzerland stunned Canada 3-2 in the semifinals after a 3-2 upset against Finland in the quarterfinals.

”They were close to winning the whole championship. So, credit to them,” Sweden forward Magnus Paajarvi said.

Gustav Nyquist wristed a shot from the slot high into the net for Sweden to answer the Swiss opening goal by Nino Niederreiter.

Timo Meier scored a second period power play goal to restore the one-goal advantage for Switzerland in the second.

Mika Zibanejad equalized on a power play from the point, forcing overtime.

Earlier Sunday, the United States topped Canada 4-1 to claim the bronze medal.

Chris Kreider led the U.S. with two goals.

Forward Nick Bonino scored the winner on a rebound during a power play in the final period. Anders Lee and Kreider added empty-net insurance goals to give the U.S. its third bronze in six years.

”It’s important for the team but it’s also important for USA Hockey David Justice Jersey ,” U.S. captain Patrick Kane said. ”Now, we can build up off this level and try to keep being better and better.”

Kane had an assist in the game to finish the tournament with 20 points for eight goals and 12 assists, the first player to do so since 2008.

”Obviously I’m here to produce and try to create offense and make plays out there,” Kane said. ”Overall, I’m happy … it was a fun tournament and a great experience for me and I hope it will help me with my career going forward too.”

Canada had to settle for a disappointing fourth-place finish.

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan left team headquarters because of an undisclosed personal matter and did not practice with the team.

Team spokesman Brian Cearns said Tuesday the Falcons did not plan to give a reason for his absence Cheap Arden Key Jersey , adding that Ryan would address the matter when he meets on Wednesday with reporters ”if he decides to do so.”

Atlanta (11-6) visits Philadelphia (13-3) in the divisional round of the playoffs on Saturday.

Ryan’s wife, Sarah, announced in November that the couple expects to become first-time parents in April with twins.

The 2016 NFL MVP was listed as ”did not participant in practice, non-injury related.” He hasn’t missed a game since Week 15 of 2009. No. 2 quarterback Matt Schaub took Ryan’s place in practice.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

He also pra

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 16, 2018 23:27

The New Orleans Saints can only hope safety Marcus Williams' recent refusal to discuss the last play of last season isn't a sign of mental fragility.

New Orleans is counting on Williams http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/tre_davious-white-jersey , a 2017 second-round draft choice , to build on a largely promising rookie campaign that helped solidify the Saints' secondary and propel the club back to the playoffs for the first time in four years.

At issue now is how Williams will move forward from the cruel way his first NFL season ended. His whiffed tackle attempt on Minnesota's Stefon Diggs last January allowed the Vikings receiver to score a 61-yard, game-winning touchdown in the dying seconds of an NFC divisional round playoff game.

It's a question that, for now, Williams declines to field.

"I'm not talking about last year," Williams said after practice on Saturday.

Asked moments later if he still watches a video he promoted on social media that opens with that final play in Minnesota 鈥?which he titled "Turning my NIGHTMARE into my MOTIVATION" 鈥?Williams smiled silently and turned his gaze toward a team public relations official, who ended the interview.

Defensive backs routinely utter the refrain that players at their position must have short memories 鈥?that they must quickly forget receptions made by players they defend and focus immediately on their next opportunity to thwart a pass.

But in Williams' case, the touchdown he couldn't prevent in Minnesota instantly went into NFL annals as one of the more stunning and unusual endings to a playoff game in league history.

That one will be hard to forget.

Meanwhile, Williams' decision to block a columnist for The Times-Picayune on Twitter also raises questions about how he deals with scrutiny.

Teammates, however, are quick to suggest that Williams' performance at training camp says more about his response than anything else.

"The way he approaches practice, the way he approaches each meeting, the way he approaches the game 鈥?period 鈥?you can tell he doesn't necessarily think about it, but it's there and it drives him," Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins said. "He's been playing out of his mind in training camp so far.

"I commend him for that Authentic Kendall Wright Jersey ," Rankins continued. "A play of that magnitude in that game 鈥?that could derail a lot of people's confidence and kind of make people go into the tank."

During the first couple weeks of training camp, Williams has looked like a star in the making, closing hard on balls thrown anywhere near him. Several times, he has intercepted Drew Brees, who compared Williams to retired Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, a five-time All-Pro.

"I really love everything about him as a teammate and as a young player who is just hungry to be great," Brees said. "He is definitely a presence and a force in the deep part of the field. You have to know where he is because he's got such good range and such good instincts."

Coach Sean Payton appeared to make a point this offseason of deflecting blame for last season's end away from Williams, who not only had four interceptions during the 2017 regular season, but also had another pick in the playoff game against the Vikings. While being interviewed by his daughter, Meghan, on NFL Network, Payton said his biggest regret from the playoff loss was the Saints offense's inability to convert a third-and-1 play before kicking a go-ahead field goal with 25 seconds left. If New Orleans had gotten one more first down, Payton reasoned, the Saints' field goal would have been attempted with virtually no time left for the Vikings to respond.

And after recent practices, Payton has been highly complimentary of Williams.

"You have seen him come back in the spring and even now in training camp Cheap Customized Green Bay Packers Jerseys , just playing at a real high level," Payton said. "He is just continuing to get better. He is a great thinker. He is smart. Rarely on the field does he do something that you don't want. That intelligence, along with his physical skill set, are two great traits."

Williams does discuss the upcoming season. And in those moments, he doesn't sound like a player overly burdened by his past.

"I just do my one-eleventh 鈥?whatever the coach tells me to do," Williams said. "Everybody has their own job to do. You can't be Superman out here."

NOTES: Players not practicing on Saturday included DE Marcus Davenport, WR Cameron Meredith, TE Michael Hoomanawanui and DL Mitch Loewen. Davenport, the club's first-round draft pick last spring, has not practiced in about two weeks.

— Even the owner of the Kansas City Chiefs is excited to see what Patrick Mahomes II can do.

Clark Hunt doesn’t seem worried about putting too much pressure on his young quarterback, either.

The chairman and most visible face of the ownership family said after Saturday’s training camp session at Missouri Western State University that he’s looking forward to seeing Mahomes under center when the Chiefs open their preseason schedule Thursday night against Houston.

He’s is eager for what the second-year pro can do for seasons to come, too.

“There’s a lot of excitement here in Kansas City and really around the country about Patrick. He is a young man with a lot of skills, has a very high ceiling,” Hunt said. “He’s going through the process in learning what it means to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. That learning process will continue during the preseason and I’m sure once we get to the regular season.”

Mahomes is taking over on a full-time basis from Alex Smith, who was traded to Washington despite the best year of his career. And the fact that Kansas City is pinning its hopes on its first homegrown quarterback in a generation has energized an already fervent fan base.

Season-ticket sales are robust Youth Billy Price Jersey , and there were about 6,000 fans at practice on Saturday.

“It’s very exciting for the franchise from a long-term perspective,” Hunt said. “If you can develop your own quarterback who can play at the top of the league, you can create an opportunity over the course of a decade to win a championship, and that’s what we hope Patrick does for us.”

No pressure, kid.

Hunt has also noticed what many others have this offseason: Chiefs coach Andy Reid has an extra bounce in his step, a byproduct of the fun he’s having working with a new, young quarterback.

“I know that’s a hard thing to imagine when you’re talking about Andy,” Hunt said in his annual training camp availability, “but truthfully he seems energized. And that goes all the way back to the preseason, the chance to take a quarterback and mold him, something he’s had a lot of success at.”

In other news, Hunt declined to discuss the dispute between the league and its players when it comes to protesting during the national anthem. “There’s really nothing to report,” Hunt said. “Until the league tells us what the policy is, there’s nothing really to talk about.”

Hunt did say he’s spoken to the Chiefs individually and collectively about social justice initiatives Lions Elite Jerseys , and that the organization was willing to provide human resources and financial resources to help players make a difference with causes that they care about.

“That’s not something new for the Chiefs. It’s something that’s been going on here in Kansas City since my dad brought the team here in 1963,” Hunt said. “I’ve challenged the players to go out there and make a difference, and there’s so many that have a great heart and want to spend the time.”

Hunt also said the Chiefs are content with using Missouri Western as their training camp base, even though the majority of NFL franchises now hold camp at their usual practice facility.

Hunt and Reid both like the old-school idea of team-building that occurs at camp, even though it’s only an hours’ drive from Kansas City. Missouri Western has also built and improved its facilities to the point they rival most major colleges and professional franchises.

He also praised the work done by general manager Brett Veach, who has made several controversial moves since taking over last year. Among them was dealing talented but temperamental cornerback Marcus Peters to the Rams, a clear attempt at improving the clubhouse culture.

“One thing we really care about as a franchise is the culture and character of the team,” Hunt said. “That’s something very important to Brett. As he brought in players in free agency and the draft, he made sure those players would be positive contributors to the character of the football team.”

NOTES: OLs Cam Erving (knee) and Eric Fisher (shoulder) did not practice, nor did LBs Reggie Ragland (knee) and Anthony Hitchens (hamstring). None of the injuries to the four starters is thought to be serious. … CB Keith Reaser (quad), LB Tanoh Kpassagnon (heel) and FS Leon McQuay (hamstring) were limited in practice. It’s unclear if any will play in the preseason opener.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Wayne Ellington (unres

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 16, 2018 23:34

Elvis Andrus is back in the Texas lineup after his first trip to the disabled list.

Andrus Jamal Adams Jets Jersey , a two-time All-Star for the Rangers, was activated Monday for the series opener against the Kansas City Royals. He missed 59 games after a pitch by Kenyan Middleton broke his right elbow in an April 11 game against the Los Angeles Angels.

He had been inactive for only three of the Rangers’ 1,515 games since making his debut on opening day in 2009. He was suspended for a 2016 game and was on the paternity list for two games in 2017.

”He’s never gone through this,” Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. ”He’s never not played in 10 years. This is the first time.”

Texas went 25-34 without Andrus, who hit .327 with two home runs and five RBIs in 14 games before the injury.

”A guy that has played 10 consecutive years you don’t replace,” Banister said. ”You miss everything he does and what he was able to do. He was our three-hole hitter and one of the better centerpieces of the offense. He did a lot of things for us offensively. Obviously, he was one of the leaders with (Adrian) Beltre on defense.”

Andrus went 1-for-24 with three walks in a seven-game rehab assignment in the minors.

Jurickson Profar, who had four RBIs Sunday in the victory over Colorado, started 56 games at shortstop in Andrus’ absence. He started at second on Monday against the Royals http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nyheim-hines-jersey , will play third on Tuesday and be the designated hitter Wednesday.

”He played very well,” Banister said. ”He became one of the better hitters in our lineup. I thought he progressively got better defensively.”

He said the plan is to play Rougned Odor, Profar and Beltre five games a week.

In other roster moves, the Rangers recalled right-hander Ricardo Rodriguez from Triple-A Round Rock, optioned catcher Jose Trevino to Double-A Frisco and designated for assignment right-hander Dick McGuire, who was claimed off waivers last week from Toronto.

Rookie utility player Isiah Kiner-Falefa will become the backup catcher. He will make his first major league start behind the plate Wednesday. He has started at third base, second base and shortstop.

”He’s earned the right to be here and to do it here,” Banister said.

An NBA free-agent class with a little something for everyone hits the market on July 1. The group includes an array of superstars, big men Cheap Joe Namath Jersey , glue guys and sharp-shooters.

Here’s a look at some of the players to follow when the action begins:

THE SUPERSTARS

– Kevin Durant (player option): Has expressed his desire to remain with the Warriors. He’s in the middle of his prime as one of the game’s premier players.

– Paul George (player option): He has one of the best all-around games in the league and is still fairly young at 28.

– LeBron James (player option): Still the free-agent grand prize at age 33, James has shown few signs of wear and tear despite 15 stellar seasons in the league.

– Chris Paul (unrestricted): Among the league’s best point guards even at 33, but he’s struggled some with injuries over the years, including a hamstring issue in last year’s playoffs.

BIG MEN

– Clint Capela (restricted): He’s emerged as one of the league’s top young big men after averaging 13.9 points, 10.8 rebounds and nearly two blocks per game with the Rockets. Houston surely would like to keep him, but the price tag could be steep.

– DeMarcus Cousins (unrestricted): He was playing very well for the Pelicans before an Achilles injury ended his season. Questions about his long-term health are real, but he’s also a guy who can score 25 points a game if he regains form.

– Derrick Favors (unrestricted): He’s not flashy and doesn’t stretch the floor, but the 6-foot-10 forward has had several productive seasons with the Jazz and will likely garner some interest.

– DeAndre Jordan (player option): He’ll be 30 years old next season, but was still one of the league’s dominant rebounds last season Aaron Hicks Jersey , averaging more than 15 per game.

– Brook Lopez (unrestricted): He averaged just 13 points per game for the Lakers last season, which was his lowest since his rookie year, but he remains a 7-footer who could help several teams.

– Julius Randle (restricted): He’s quietly turned into a promising young player with the Lakers, averaging 16.1 points and eight rebounds last season while shooting nearly 56 percent from the field.

GLUE GUYS

– Trevor Ariza (unrestricted): A valuable forward who can stretch the floor, he’s provided solid shooting and good defense for the Rockets over the past four seasons.

– Avery Bradley (unrestricted): Struggled with injuries last season, playing just 46 games, but is still considered a solid two-way player that can help a team in many ways.

– Aaron Gordon (restricted): Still just 22 years old, the 6-foot-9 Gordon turned into a productive all-around player for the Magic last season, averaging 17.6 points and 7.9 rebounds. His ability to make 3-pointers last season is a big plus.

– Marcus Smart (restricted): The Celtics guard is not a great shooter Youth Nyheim Hines Jersey , but can impact the game in many different ways. He averaged 10.2 points, 4.8 assists and 3.5 rebounds last season while playing great defense.

SHOOTERS

– Wayne Ellington (unrestricted): He’s emerged as a reliable shooter off the bench for the Heat the past few seasons. He averaged a career-high 11.2 points last years while shooting nearly 40 percent from 3-point range.

– Doug McDermott (restricted): Mr. McBuckets has turned into a very good role player, staying excellent from 3-point range while improving the other parts of his game.

– J.J. Redick (unrestricted): Had a solid season for the 76ers, averaging a career-high 17.1 points per game and shooting 42 percent from 3-point range. He just turned 34.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

whether they d

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 16, 2018 23:46

The Indianapolis Colts found depth at linebacker by singing free agent Najee Goode.

Goode spent the last five seasons in Philadelphia and earned a Super Bowl ring on the Eagles' championship team. The former West Virginia star was a fifth-round pick of Tampa Bay in 2012 and played his rookie season with the Buccaneers.

In 2017 Cheap Ryan Switzer Jersey , Goode made three of his four career starts and had 19 tackles, three for loss and 10 tackles on special teams. He has scored two career touchdowns 鈥?returning a blocked punt for one. He also scored on a fumble recovery.

At 6-foot, 244 pounds, Goode brings another body to a position where the Colts were thin after losing Barkevious Mingo and Jon Bostic in free agency.

Solomon Thomas knows the pain of having a loved one take her own life after his older sister killed herself this offseason.

Thomas and his family now want to use the anguish from Ella Thomas' death on Jan. 23 for a good cause by raising awareness about the dangers of depression and trying to prevent other suicides.

"It's big to let people know it's OK to be sad, it's OK not to be perfect because you never are," Thomas said. "There are so many things that happen in life, good, bad, stuff that you don't know about, and it's going to affect how you feel. That's huge. It's about changing the culture of how you're supposed to feel or act."

Thomas, a second-year defensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers Mike McGlinchey Jersey 49ers , will return to his family's home in the Dallas area this weekend to take part Saturday in The Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk, which benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Thomas has already raised more than $27,000 for the cause.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are more than 44,000 suicides a year in the United States and it is the second leading cause of death for people between the ages of 15 and 34.

"That's insane," Solomon Thomas said. "That's a huge deal. That's a lot of people who couldn't get help 鈥?a lot of people who need help and a lot of people being affected. It's more than that who are going through depression and going through all the sadness. That needs to be talked about. There needs to be help for everyone out there. I want people to know they can reach out and be loved."

The 22-year-old Thomas got the news about Ella in a phone call from his father while working out back in Texas. He got plenty of support from the Niners right away with owner Jed York, general manager John Lynch, kicker Robbie Gould and former teammate Elvis Dumervil among the people who came to Texas for the funeral.

Others in the organization have been there with timely texts, cards and other good wishes that have helped Thomas get through this difficult time.

Ella Thomas had been dealing with depression for years and her family had tried to get her help. While Ella was open with her struggles, Thomas knows many others keep those thoughts hidden, sometimes out of fear of a stigma some put on mental illness.

That's why he thinks it was so important that NBA stars like Kevin Love and DeMar DeRozan have been open about their struggles with panic attacks and depression.

It's also why he is taking part in the walk to let others know they aren't alone in dealing with these issues.

"Mental health and suicide aren't things people want to talk about Youth Mike Remmers Jersey ," Thomas said. "Mental health, depression, it's a disease just like anything else. And when you talk about other diseases, people talk about them like, 'We'll get you through this,' whatever. But, then, when you talk about depression or mental health or suicide, people kind of scare away because it's such a serious topic. You don't know how to handle it. You don't want to say the wrong thing to push someone over the edge. But it's such an important topic, such a serious topic, that people need to start talking about it."

Like many siblings just two years apart in age Saquon Barkley Jersey Elite , Ella and Solomon clashed at times as youngsters but started to grow extremely close when Solomon was in middle school and Ella started high school.

That friendship endured for the rest of Ella's life. Thomas, who played football at Stanford, was drafted by the 49ers with the third overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. She came out to watch about six of Solomon's games as a rookie last year.

"We finished each other's sentences, all that kind of stuff. She was my best friend," he said. "We were always open with each other, never had anything bad, very transparent. If you couldn't go to Mom or Dad, we were always there (for each other). She always lit up the room. You always knew Ella was there, whether she was just being loud or whether she was just in there trying to talk to people. She was so good with people. She worked in the restaurant industry and obviously she had to be good with people and she always was. She could make a crying baby smile. You always knew Ella was there. She just had this heart, and she loved everyone as hard as she could, whether they deserved her love or whether they didn't deserve her trust or whether she just met them Connor Williams Jersey , she always loved them. That'll always stick with me, Ella's heart."

Thomas keeps Ella's memory close him with a purple wristband that reads Ella Elizabeth Thomas with a heart symbol and the date of her death. He also never forgets a lesson his sister taught him after she went through a difficult time in high school when her best friend's brother died.

"She came up to me and she was like, 'Solly, we never know when our last day is, I want us to make sure we take advantage of every day and be best friends and love each other as hard as we can for the rest of our lives,'" he recalled. "That always stuck home with me, and that's a lesson I'll pass along to other people."

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

hers spokesman Steve

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 16, 2018 23:56

Victor Oladipo feels right at home in Indiana.

Here Cheap Robert Griffin III Jersey , he evolved from a high-flying, college acrobat for the Hoosiers into a legitimate NBA draft prospect. Here, he won over the hearts and minds of a basketball-crazed state. And here, he finally got a chance to tap into his full potential.

Now, five years after being taken No. 2 overall in the draft, the multi-talented guard has returned to his adopted home state, revived a rebuilding Pacers franchise and heads into the playoffs as the favorite to be the league’s Most Improved Player.

”To come out and get 48 wins after everything that happened is a great accomplishment Luke Falk Color Rush Jersey ,” Oladipo said after sitting out Tuesday’s 119-93 loss to Charlotte with a sore right foot. ”But there’s a lot more to accomplish and a lot more goals we want to accomplish starting this weekend.”

The only surprise bigger than the Pacers’ remarkable resurgence this season might be Oladipo’s transformation from a potential future star into an NBA All-Star.

Orlando saw the possibilities when it drafted the junior back in 2013 but wound up trading him to Oklahoma City in July 2016. With the Thunder, Oladipo served a one-year apprenticeship with eventual MVP Russell Westbrook – a year Oladipo credits with helping him emerge as the budding star he has become.

But when the Thunder got a chance to pair Westbrook with four-time All-Star Paul George of Indiana, they put Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis on the trading block. Things could not have worked out better for the players – or the Pacers.

Oladipo and Sabonis each played key roles in helping the Pacers shed the preseason projection of NBA lottery team, and Oladipo has finally found a place where he can be himself.

”I know it kind of came out of nowhere (for fans), especially after the trade. People were kind of down on Vic last year for some odd reason,” said Kevin Durant, the Golden State star who grew up in the same Maryland county as Oladipo. ”To see the trade and how people viewed that trade Youth Troy Niklas Jersey , and then he just turned it up throughout the season. For me, I thought it was expected of him. I’m very excited for Vic and happy for him and I know he’s going to keep getting better as a player.”

Returning to Indiana certainly helped. Hoosiers fans revered Oladipo because of how he played the game. They embraced the passion and heart he showed on the court, the effort he made on defense and believed he spoke a language any true basketball fan respects. Time hasn’t changed that part of Oladipo’s game.

”He is himself every day, and then he’s just very positive all the time,” Myles Turner said. ”Even when things aren’t going well, he’s still talking, still getting guys involved Nomar Garciaparra Jersey , still hyping everybody else up.”

After spending four years looking for the right fit, Oladipo found it in Indy:

His scoring total increased by nearly 30 percent over his previous career best and 45 percent over last season. His averages of 23.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.3 are all career highs. His average of 2.36 steals is the highest single season average of anyone in the NBA since 2013-14 and his 77 steals were 18 ahead of George, who is second, heading into the final night of the regular season.

Even opposing coaches and players acknowledge Oladipo’s breakout season should make the fifth Indiana player to earn the most improved award since 2000.

”Oh, definitely,” Lance Stephenson said Patrick Corbin Jersey , almost scoffing at the question. ”In my eyes, he’s the MVP. He’s played terrific.”

Oladipo knows there’s still plenty more to do and his blazing speed and charismatic charm make the possibilities seem endless for the 25-year-old.

The next chapter begins in the playoffs. In his previous four seasons, Oladipo has won only one postseason game and he doesn’t want this season’s magical ride to end before he can celebrate winning his first playoff series with his teammates.

And the message he sent Tuesday night resounded throughout the state.

”We’re going to go in there and win,” he said. ”We’re not going to go in there and try to win. We’re going to go in there and win.”

The Panthers have announced that defensive backs coach Curtis Fuller resigned following an investigation into complaints of inappropriate conduct.

Panthers spokesman Steve Drummond released a statement Friday that said "after approaching Coach Fuller with the findings of an investigation into complaints of inappropriate conduct, we accepted his resignation."

The 39-year-old Fuller joined the Panthers in 2013 as a coaching assistant after playing in the NFL.

He took over the secondary before the 2017 season.

The team has not yet named a replacement.

The move comes with Panthers owner Jerry Richardson still under investigation by the NFL for sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Rockies: LHP Kyle F

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 17, 2018 00:05

Justin Verlander’s worst start with the Houston Astros might have been OK if not for Wilson Ramos.

Ramos drove in four runs in the first two innings against Verlander and the Tampa Bay Rays went on to a 5-2 win over the Astros on Saturday.

”I wasn’t sharp Panthers Cheap Jerseys , but also I didn’t have luck on my side,” Verlander said. ”I made an adjustment during the third inning that I thought was good, but it was too little too late.”

Verlander (9-4) gave up the most runs (5) and hits (9) of any of his 23 starts since his trade to Houston late last summer. He struck out eight in a season-low five innings after coming in with a major league-leading 1.82 ERA – though it was 4.34 in six June starts. The Astros have lost his last three starts.

Matt Duffy finished with three hits, including two in the first two innings, to help the Rays win for the seventh time in eight tames to move to .500 (41-41) for the first time since June 1.

”I gave up three hard-hit balls, all to the same guy. The rest of `em, nobody hit the ball hard,” Verlander said.

Ramos got the Rays on the scoreboard with a two-run double in the first, and made it 5-0 with a two-run single in the second. Those two at bats summarized Verlander’s day.

”The first at bat, I put him in a 3-1 situation where, bases loaded http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/tre_davious-white-jersey , he knows a heater’s coming, and he hit it off the wall. So that’s my fault,” Verlander said. ”His next bat I got a ground ball up the middle on a slider, which is kind of what you’re looking for. But it found a hole.”

Tampa Bay has held opponents to two runs or fewer in five straight games for only the second time in franchise history.

”The way these guys are throwing right now, we’re tough to beat,” said Kevin Kiermaier, who scored in each of the first two innings.

Alex Bregman got the Astros on the board with a two-run homer in the sixth off Vidal Nuno. It was Bregman’s 16th home run and his fifth in six games.

”They’ve been throwing the ball well over there, and we haven’t really been able to put anything together,” Bregman said. ”Verlander was a little unfortunate today with some of the weak contact that went for hits, but we’ve got to do a better job of putting up runs for him.

Nuno (2-0) got the win after pitching 4 2/3 innings of relief, giving up two runs and four hits while striking out four. Sergio Romo pitched ninth for his seventh save in 11 opportunities.

Ryne Stanek pitched the first inning for Tampa Bay Authentic Customized Raiders Jerseys , giving up a single to Jose Altuve, Houston’s only hit in the first four innings.

RARE ERROR

Adeiny Hechavarria made a fielding error on George Springer’s grounder in the top of the sixth just before Bregman’s homer. It ended a streak of 94 games and 319 chances in which the Rays’ shortstop had not committed a miscue. It was the longest errorless streak in franchise history for a shortstop. Hechavarria’s last error had come on July 30, 2017 at Yankee Stadium.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Astros: RHP Joe Smith (sore right elbow) will make what the Astros expect to be a final rehab appearance at Double-A Corpus Christi before being activated. … 1B Yuli Gurriel (paternity leave) is expected to be back in the lineup Sunday.

Rays: RHP Wilmer Font was placed on the 10-day disabled and RHP Hunter Wood was recalled from Triple-A Durham. Manager Kevin Cash said an optimistic timeframe has Font missing eight weeks. … Cash didn’t completely rule out RHP Chris Archer (left abdominal strain) from returning after his first rehab start Tuesday night锟?for Class A Charlotte.

UP NEXT

The series finale will be a matchup of two of baseball’s hottest pitchers. Houston RHP Charlie Morton (10-1, 2.54) has won three straight starts and has not given up an earned run in his last two. LHP Blake Snell (10-4, 2.31) did not give up a hit until the seventh inning of the Rays’ 11-0 win against Washington on Monday night.

Matt Kemp wasn’t supposed to last long in his return to Los Angeles. He was tabbed as trade bait after arriving from Atlanta in exchange for a salary dump by the Dodgers.

The 33-year-old slugger has made himself at home again in a hurry.

Kemp got three hits and drove in four runs, including a go-ahead homer leading off the eighth inning that rallied the Dodgers past the Colorado Rockies 6-4 on Sunday to prevent a sweep and end a three-game skid.

Kemp is on track to earn his third All-Star nod and first since 2012. He’s the second-leading vote-getter, ahead of Washington’s Bryce Harper, among NL outfielders.

”That’s what the All-Star Game is, having a good first half,” Kemp said. ”My real focus is trying to get to the playoffs and win a championship, something I’ve never done.”

Kemp was 1 for 6 in the first two games of the series Youth Hayden Hurst Jersey , which the Dodgers lost by identical scores of 3-1. He has been solid in his last 14 games against Colorado, batting .438 with 11 RBIs.

”He showed in spring training he was in shape and was hitting from the start,” Dodgers starter Ross Stripling said.

Kemp sent his 14th homer of the season over the center-field wall off Adam Ottavino (4-2) to put Los Angeles ahead 5-4. It was the Dodgers’ first homer of July after they hit a major league-leading and franchise-record 55 in June.

One out later, Yasiel Puig doubled. Joc Pederson followed and reached on an infield single to second that DJ LeMahieu dived to stop. Puig made a heads-up baserunning play when he scored an insurance run after taking an extra base on Pederson’s hit.

Puig took advantage of LeMahieu’s soft throw from his knees to first baseman Ian Desmond.

”DJ slipped,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. ”If DJ wanted to do it over again he would probably give a firmer throw to Desmond to get it back in.”

Puig hopped back and forth before taking off for the plate, sliding belly first. He got up and swung his arms in wild celebration with the Dodgers ahead 6-4.

”I do my crazy move and score,” Puig said. ”I said in my mind, `He’s not going to throw me out, I’m going home.’ Not too many players who score from third base in that situation.”

Kemp agreed, saying, ”Everyone is living right.”

Kemp drove in the Dodgers’ first three runs with an RBI groundout in the first Hayden Hurst Jersey , a double in the third and a single in the fifth.

Daniel Hudson (3-2) went one inning. Kenley Jansen pitched a perfect ninth for his 22nd save.

Nolan Arenado hit his team-leading 21st homer and had an RBI grounder, helping the Rockies take a 4-2 lead in the fifth.

Rockies starter Chad Bettis was pulled after three innings because of fluid underneath a callus on his right middle finger. The right-hander allowed two runs and three hits, struck out two and walked two in his shortest outing of the season.

”It is really painful,” Bettis said. ”It is kind of something that is a little bit of a mental block trying to battle through that pain. I felt like it got to the point where I really needed to say something.”

Stripling gave up four runs and a season-high nine hits in six innings. The right-hander struck out seven and walked one.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: RHP Bryan Shaw (right calf strain) will throw a bullpen session on Monday and simulated game on Wednesday. He is working on mechanics with his delivery and more consistent pitch locations.

UP NEXT

Rockies: LHP Kyle Freeland (7-6, 3.29 ERA) makes his second straight start against the Giants on Monday in the home opener of a three-game set. He is 3-1 with a 2.91 ERA at Coors Field in his career against them.

Dodgers: LHP Alex Wood (4-5, 4.00) starts on Monday in the opener of a three-game series against the Pirates. In eight games (seven starts) against them, Wood is 2-2 with a 2.86 ERA.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

need the “old Aaron

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 17, 2018 00:13

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin John Ross Bengals Jersey , spurred the shutdown of his former Los Angeles-area high school and was questioned by police after a menacing Instagram post appeared on his account.

The post from Martin, who has struggled with mental health issues after a 2013 bullying scandal that shook the NFL, showed a shotgun and referred by name to the private Harvard-Westlake prep school in Los Angeles that he once attended. It also mentioned the Instagram names of two former Dolphins teammates who harassed him, Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey. The post said suicide and revenge were the only options for a victim of bullying.

School officials at Harvard-Westlake sent an emergency alert to students and staff early Friday evacuating campus and canceling school.

Los Angeles police would say only that they have an individual who they believe is responsible for the incident. They say he was detained, but is not in LAPD custody.

Several media outlets, however, including the Los Angeles Times and KABC-TV, were told by law enforcement sources that the person questioned was Martin.

Martin left the Miami Dolphins midseason in 2013 after accusing teammates of bullying. An NFL investigation found that Incognito Youth Denver Broncos Jerseys , Pouncey and teammate John Jerry engaged in persistent harassment directed at Martin.

Incognito was suspended for the final eight games and sat out the 2014 season before joining the Buffalo Bills.

The NFL's investigation also found that teammates threatened to rape Martin's sister, called him a long list of slurs and bullied him for not being "black enough." Martin is black and Incognito is white.

Martin, who underwent counseling for emotional issues after the bullying scandal, posted on Facebook in 2015 that difficulties in football led him to attempt suicide multiple times.

Martin, the son of two Harvard graduates, attended Stanford University. After he left the Dolphins, Martin played for the San Francisco 49ers and Carolina Panthers. He left the NFL in 2015.

Representatives for the Miami Dolphins and the NFL declined to comment.

鈥?The Green Bay Packers activated quarterback Aaron Rodgers from injured reserve Saturday, a day before he starts Sunday in a must-win game at Carolina.Rodgers broke his right collarbone at Minnesota on Oct. 15 Broncos Game Jerseys , had surgery and was placed on injured reserve on Oct. 20. He returned to practice on a limited basis on Dec. 2, was cleared by the team’s medical staff Tuesday night and took the first-team reps this week.“Looks like the old Aaron back in there,” quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt said Thursday.The biggest challenge for Rodgers?“Probably just getting used to the speed of the game again,” Van Pelt said. “The pocket movement, the pocket awareness, that’s a natural instinct. I think that’s like riding a bike 鈥?once you have it, you’ll have it.The Packers will need the “old Aaron” to keep their faint playoff hopes alive. Green Bay went 4-1 to start the season before Rodgers was injured on a hit by linebacker Anthony Barr in Week 6. The Packers fell to 5-6 before Brett Hundley directed back-to-back overtime wins against Tampa Bay and Cleveland. At 7-6, they are in ninth place in the NFC. The Panthers are 9-4 and lead the race for the conference’s two wild-card spots.To make room on the roster Authentic Nate Solder Jersey , Green Bay released No. 3 quarterback Joe Callahan.Rodgers hasn’t played for two months and acknowledged he might be a little rusty. Heightening the challenge will be the caliber of the opponent. Carolina ranks fifth in defense, including seventh against the pass, and third in sacks.“I feel confident I will be able to go out there and play the way I’ve always played, but I’ve been off for seven games and been out for a while,” Rodgers said on Wednesday. “So it’s going to take getting out there, getting that first pass, getting that first hit, and I’ll probably settle in.”Rodgers has gone through seven practices http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-billy-price-jersey , including Saturday before the team departed for Carolina. Coach Mike McCarthy was pleased with how Rodgers looked on Thursday, the team’s biggest practice day and the only one conducted in pads.“Whether you’re running the ball or throwing the ball, there’s time clocks on everything,” McCarthy said on Friday. “As far as the fitted protection, footwork, the quarterback throwing the ball, I thought he had a pretty clean day. I was pleased with his work.”.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

e ranks second to Jerry Rice with 15,934 yards receiving and

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 17, 2018 00:24

AJ McCarron won his grievance against the Cincinnati Bengals and will become an unrestricted free agent next month Browns Authentic Jerseys , making him one of the more attractive quarterbacks on the market.

McCarron challenged the Bengals' decision to put him on a non-football injury list as a rookie in 2014, when the fifth-round pick had a sore passing shoulder. The move meant that the season wouldn't count toward free agency and McCarron would have to stick around as Andy Dalton's backup for one more year in 2018.

Instead, an independent arbitrator ruled in McCarron's favor on Thursday, a decision announced by the NFL players' association.

The Bengals could keep him for one more season by applying a transition or franchise tag, which is highly unlikely given the cost. Instead, the 27-year-old McCarron is set to find a place where he can start.

Could it be Cleveland?

The Browns arranged a deal for McCarron shortly before the trade deadline on Oct. 31 but failed to submit the paperwork on time, scuttling the trade. Browns coach Hue Jackson was McCarron's offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, giving him a firsthand assessment of the quarterback's abilities.

The Browns went 0-16 last season with rookie DeShone Kizer struggling. They're looking for stability at their most elusive position.

McCarron was a two-time national champion at Alabama. The Bengals drafted him to be Dalton's backup, and he rarely played except in the preseason. During his four seasons Don Larsen Jersey , McCarron has appeared in only 11 games, most of them in the final minutes with a lopsided score.

His career-turning opportunity came in December 2015, when Dalton broke the thumb on his passing hand. McCarron started the last three games and led the Bengals to the playoffs. He then rallied the Bengals in a first-round game against Pittsburgh and had them in position to get their first playoff victory since the 1990 season, but Jeremy Hill fumbled and penalties on Vontaze Burfict and Adam "Pacman" Jones set up the Steelers for a winning field goal in the final seconds.

In four seasons, McCarron has completed 86 of 133 passes for 920 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions.

The Bengals have Jeff Driskel as a backup to Dalton. He broke his hand in the preseason and was on an injury list. Driskel hasn't played in a regular season game during his two seasons in Cincinnati.

Terrell Owens has decided to celebrate his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Chattanooga, where he played college football.

The former NFL All-Pro receiver, who has said he was not attending the induction ceremony in Canton, Ohio, released a statement on Tuesday saying he would give his acceptance speech at his alma mater.

”I have decided to give my Hall of Fame speech at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in McKenzie Arena on Saturday Youth Royce Freeman Jersey , August 4,” Owens posted on Twitter. ”The event, which is free and open to the public, starts at 3:17 p.m.”

Owens added that he is ”proud to be a Moc, and I’m honored to be able to share this experience with my family, friends, teammates and fans at the place that provided me an opportunity beyond high school and where I truly began to find myself as an athlete.”

The 44-year-old Owens said he is looking forward to the event, and ”Getcha popcorn ready.”

Owens was a three-sport athlete at Chattanooga, where he played football from 1992-95. He also played basketball and ran track for the Mocs. Owens said he ”realized just how much I want to celebrate what will inevitably be the best weekend of my life at a place that means so much to me.”

He was voted into the hall in February after being denied in his first two years of eligibility. His announcement last month that he was skipping the Aug. 4 induction ceremony at the Pro Football Hall of Fame is unprecedented by an enshrinee.

In a statement released last month by his publicist Ronald Jones II Jersey Elite , Owens said: ”While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.

”After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere,” Owens added. ”At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.”

Chattanooga athletic director Mark Wharton said Tuesday that Owens first spoke with school officials ”several months ago” about the possibility of having some type of event in Chattanooga. At the time, Owens hadn’t yet indicated he was skipping the Canton induction ceremony.

Wharton said Owens spoke with them again ”two to three weeks ago” about the possibility of giving his induction speech on campus and that officials were ”ecstatic” about the idea.

”Obviously we supported him going to Canton,” Wharton said. ”At the time, there hadn’t been any living Hall of Fame members who did not go to Canton Mike Foltynewicz Atlanta Braves Jersey , so our assumption was that he was (going to Canton). But in multiple conversations with him and his team, he felt most comfortable doing it in a place that molded him into the player and person he is today.”

Wharton said the specifics of the Aug. 4 ceremony haven’t been finalized, but he expects a weekend full of events around town honoring Owens.

Owens entered the league as a third-round pick by San Francisco in 1996 and developed into a star known for some memorable playoff appearances, including his winning 25-yard TD catch to beat Green Bay in 1999; his 177 yards in a comeback win against the Giants in 2003; and his nine catches for 122 yards in the 2004 Super Bowl against New England just seven weeks after breaking his leg.

He ranks second to Jerry Rice with 15,934 yards receiving and is third on the all-time touchdowns receiving list with 153.

Owens heavily criticized the voting process when he failed to be elected in 2016 and 2017. Among the reasons he fell short were his being considered a divisive teammate and negative presence in the locker room.

AP Pro Football Writer Barry Wilner contributed to this report.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

To improve its fortunes

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 17, 2018 00:32

Like the goalie-masked character in the endless series of slasher films http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-tyquan-lewis-jersey , the Philadelphia Flyers rose from the dead to even their best-of-seven series against the Pittsburgh Penguins with a 5-1 victory on Friday the 13th.

Now they come home with a chance to take the lead in Game 3 on Sunday afternoon at Wells Fargo Center.

“Our building’s pretty wild. A 3 o’clock game, I know that people are going to be ready for sure,” Shayne Gotisbehere told the Courier Post before referencing the recent success of the Eagles and Villanova. “Especially with what this city’s seen in the past couple months, I know they’re going to be ready.”

Though the Flyers benefited from some lucky bounces, the win wasn’t supernatural as much as the result of better defense, stronger goaltending and success on special teams.

“Said it coming in, nobody really is giving us a serious chance in this series,” Flyers coach Dave Hakstol told NHL.com after the game. “I don’t know if anybody still will. But I know this; we just got it down to a five-game series and we introduced ourselves into this series tonight.”

One night after Brian Elliott was pulled when he allowed five goals on 19 shots, he made 34 saves. Sean Couturier had a goal and two assists Youth Chad Thomas Jersey , and Nolan Patrick and Travis Konecny each scored his first playoff goal.

Gotisbehere’s first-period goal ended Matt Murray’s incredible playoff shutout streak at 225 minutes, 49 seconds dating to last season.

“We always thought we had a realistic shot,” Gotisbehere told the Courier Post of the series. “You want to win every game, obviously. We knew what we had to do. The first game is in the past just like this game is in the past. We’re going to reset here and be ready for Game 3.”

Philadelphia went 2 of 3 on the power play and Pittsburgh was 0 of 4. The Penguins are 1 for 8 on the power play in the series after leading leading the NHL in the regular season (26.2 percent).

Penguins stars Murray and Sidney Crosby weren’t bad in Game 3, they were just human, words not usually associated with them in the postseason.

Crosby had a hat trick in Game 1, but Elliott stopped him on a breakaway in Game 2 when the score was 2-0 and Crosby later failed to convert a perfect feed from Phil Kessel as the second period was expiring, but missed an empty net before smashing his stick over the crossbar.

“If I find a way to put that in, it’s 2-1 Brian O'Neill Vikings Jersey , it’s a different game,” Crosby told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That one and the breakaway was a big turning point in the game.”

Instead, the Flyers led 4-0 before Patric Hornqvist’s goal at 5:47 of the third period.

If Philadelphia can jump out early Sunday and increase the Penguins’ frustration level, they can maintain their momentum.

The Flyers got more good news Saturday, when they learned Claude Giroux won’t have a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Kris Letang during the second period Friday night. After Crosby and Giroux collided, Giroux went backward into Letang, appearing to elbow him in the face.

For the two-time defending Stanley Cup champions, this was their first loss in six games against the Flyers this season.

“We know this is going to be a hard-fought series. It’s everything we expected it to be,” Penguins coach Mike Sullivan told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We’re going to have to go to Philly Cole Beasley Cowboys Jersey , and we’re going to have to find a way to win games.”

SALT LAKE CITY — Starting strong in the first half is becoming a signature for Houston.

For the second time in their playoff series with Utah, the Rockets raced to a lopsided win after dismantling the Jazz on both ends of the court before halftime. Houston surged ahead of Utah in a 113-92 victory in Game 3 on Friday by hitting a flurry of shots and then taking the Jazz completely out of their offense.

The Rockets shot 58.7 percent from the field before halftime and did not commit a turnover until late in the second quarter. They led by as many as 30 points in the first half.

James Harden and Eric Gordon led the charge. Each player scored 25 points and Harden dished out 12 assists.

It helped Houston take a 2-1 series lead going into Game 4 on Sunday.

“They were aggressive the entire night,” Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell said. “We didn’t respond in any way, so we have to take this one on the chin and respond in Game 4.”

Forcing turnovers became Houston’s calling card from the opening tip. The Rockets pressured Utah into making bad passes or settling for tough, contested shots. The Jazz committed 11 turnovers in the first half, leading to 17 points for Houston.

Their goal was to keep Utah from settling into its offense the way the Jazz did in Game 2. Houston succeeded in dominating the first half in much the same fashion that the Rockets did in the first game of the series.

“I thought our defense was superb,” Houston coach Mike D’Antoni said. “We were hitting shots all over the place, kept the crowd out of it. We kept them on their heels. You could see the guys feeding off good defense and good defense. When you do that and your energy is right, the shots start to go down.”

Houston raised its level on defense. Utah finished with 16 turnovers and shot less than 40 percent from the field until the fourth quarter. When the Jazz weren’t hitting shots 49ers Cheap Jerseys , they couldn’t balance things out by getting stops on the other end.

Most possessions ended up wasted and the gulf between the two teams quickly grew into a canyon.

“They made it harder and we weren’t able to get the ball where we wanted to go on the floor,” Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. “We weren’t able to get the ball vertically in order to get shots for other guys. If we get into a situation where we’re just having to create off the dribble by ourselves, that’s not what we’re best at.”

To improve its fortunes in Game 4, Utah will have to get better performances from Mitchell and Joe Ingles. The duo combined to shoot 6-of-26 from the floor two nights after Ingles posted a career-high 27 points and Mitchell added 17 points while dishing out a career-high 11 assists.

Mitchell, in particular, has been a focal point of Houston’s defense in the series and it has showed. He hasn’t been able to find much of a shooting rhythm while playing at point guard. The rookie is averaging only 16.0 points while shooting 32.2 percent from the field over the first three games of the series.

“We try to defend and try to make him see a crowd and try to make it tough on him, just like they try to do to us when they press up on us,” Rockets guard Chris Paul said. “We just tried to make it tough on him.”

Their contributions are even more vital for the Jazz with Ricky Rubio trying to bounce back from a hamstring injury and Derrick Favors limited by a sprained ankle. Both are listed as questionable for Game 4.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Re: Equação com RadiThe Lakers made the move Wedne

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 17, 2018 00:48

As former Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano and general manager Chris Ballard attended Edwin Jackson's funeral in Atlanta on Monday Youth Atlanta Falcons Jerseys , team owner Jim Irsay announced he was donating $25,000 to establish the Edwin Jackson Memorial Scholarship in memory of the former linebacker.

Jackson and his Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe, were both killed in a traffic accident Feb. 4.

Irsay issued a statement Monday calling Jackson a "wonderful young man" who is already missed and that he wants to honor Jackson's memory, determination Customized Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , work ethic and character with the scholarship. He is working with Jackson's family to establish guidelines for a scholarship that will be awarded annually.

It will be separate from other scholarships awarded by the Indianapolis Colts Foundation.

"That smile, that amazing smile 鈥?God he could light up a room," Pagano wrote on Twitter, honoring Jackson. "And the energy and passion and fire and juice and love and determination and drive and dedication seeped out of this young man."

Ballard remembered Jackson as the guy who introduced himself every day after he first took the job last January, just so Ballard wouldn't forget who he was.

But their relationship went even deeper.

"I started to ask Edwin: Where we going? What's our next step? Youth Leighton Vander Esch Jersey ," Ballard wrote on Twitter. "And Edwin got a big, bright smile on his face and he talked about school and how we were going to finish, but he thought he had more to do; he had more to do in the league."

Jackson was 26 years old.

Irsay also sent condolences again to Monroe's family. Last week, Irsay offered to pay for the funerals of both men.

Donations to the scholarship fund can be made online at colts/memorial or by mail at the Edwin Jackson Memorial Scholarship, c/o Indianapolis Colts Foundation Authentic Jordan Howard Jersey , P.O. Box 535000, Indianapolis, IN 46253.

The Los Angeles Lakers have extended a $5.6 million qualifying offer to forward Julius Randle, making him a restricted free agent.

The Lakers made the move Wednesday, ensuring they can match any offer sheet from another team signed by Randle starting on July 8.

The 23-year-old Randle is coming off his best season with the Lakers Odubel Herrera Jersey , who chose him with the seventh overall pick in 2014. He averaged a career-high 16.1 points with 8.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists while playing in all 82 games.

But the Lakers hope to be a major player in free agency next month, so it’s unclear whether they will retain Randle. They might need to renounce Randle’s rights or otherwise move him to clear salary cap space for two superstars.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

top goaltending prospect Ilya Samsonov to a three-year, entr

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 01:09

The NFL has upheld the four-game suspension of New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman Preston Brown Jersey Elite , according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.Patriots鈥?WR Julian Edelman鈥檚 appeal was denied today, per source. His four-game suspension stands.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 3, 2018Edelman was suspended last month following a failed drug test, which detected an unrecognizable substance.聽The 32-year-old missed all of 2017 after tearing his ACL in a preseason game against the Detroit Lions.The Patriots still managed to reach the Super Bowl without their top wideout, but they lost to the Philadelphia Eagles, 41-33. Edelman will now miss four tough games against the Houston Texans Youth Kolton Miller Jersey , Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins.It's the first suspension of Edelman's career, and it's the latest chapter of what's been a miserable offseason for the Patriots. Top running back Dion Lewis, offensive lineman Nate Solder, wide receiver Danny Amendola and No. 2 cornerback Malcolm Butler all left in free agency - and the Patriots didn't find suitable replacements.On top of that, there has been plenty of reported tension between聽head coach Bill Belichick and his two franchise stars Saquon Barkley Giants Jersey , Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. Reports suggested that Belichick was shopping Gronk at the NFL draft, and the disgruntled tight end had even pondered retirement. Though all three will be back in Foxborough for 2018, one can't help but wonder if this is the last year for the trio. Brady turns 41 years of age and has hinted at retirement, while Gronkowski would also decide to walk away following a string of severe injuries throughout his career.Now, the Patriots have to try and get by without Edelman - their top receiver. Amendola signed with Miami, while top wideout Brandin Cooks was traded to the Los Angeles Rams Vikings Elite Jerseys , which leaves Brady without any legitimate No. 1 or 2 receivers for the first four games.The Patriots dynasty has been all about conquering adversity and coming through when they were down and seemingly out. With Edelman being suspended for the first four games and other key players from last season departing, the Patriots will face arguably their toughest battle in the Belichick-Brady era. The Washington Capitals have signed top goaltending prospect Ilya Samsonov to a three-year, entry-level contract.

General manager Brian MacLellan announced the deal Friday, six weeks after Samsonov played his final game of the season in the Kontinental Hockey League playoffs. Samsonov will count $925,000 against the salary cap each of the next three seasons when in the NHL, plus any bonuses he earns.

Washington selected Samsonov in the first round Cheap Sebastian Janikowski Jersey , 22nd overall, at the 2015 draft. He’s considered one of the best goaltenders not currently playing in the NHL.

Samsonov had a 2.31 goals-against average and .926 save percentage in 26 regular-season games with Metallurg Magnitogorsk this year. It’s unclear whether the 21-year-old Russian will play for the Capitals or the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears next season.

More NHL hockey: .
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

line. He adde

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 01:20

Just about everything the Ball family does gets attention http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-chase-edmonds-jersey , and LiAngelo Ball’s pre-draft workout with the Lakers on Tuesday was no exception.

About two dozen members of the media watched Ball’s final drills while Magic Johnson and Lakers coach Luke Walton looked on. Lakers guard Lonzo Ball, LiAngelo’s older brother, was there for the workout as well.

”I feel like it went good,” the younger Ball said. ”It’s always fun being in here doing things I want to get better at. It was a good workout.”

LaVar Ball has been outspoken about his desire for all three of his sons – Lonzo, LiAngelo and LaMelo, the youngest – to play for the Lakers. The Lakers have the 25th pick in the first round next month, though LiAngelo Ball’s draft prospects are uncertain. He wasn’t even scheduled to be a starter at UCLA before leaving the program after being indefinitely suspended for an international incident last year in China. He also had a stint with the professional Lithuanian team Vytautas.

”It was good that (Lonzo) was here, but if he wasn’t here I would’ve been doing the same thing,” LiAngelo Ball said. ”I don’t really pay attention to who’s here and who’s not. I just do what I do.”

”I showed I can knock down shots and get some wins within the 2-on-2 and 3-on-3s,” LiAngelo said. ”I showed I can play together.”

LiAngelo Ball confirmed that he has an upcoming workout with the Golden State Warriors. He also said he’ll play in the NBA summer league, but he is not sure which team he’ll play for yet.

As far as what he believes his NBA draft prospects are, Ball said: ”I’m not sure what’s going on with the draft. I’m just playing my hardest and whatever team thinks I can produce for them, that’s who I’ll play for.”

Ball and two teammates became an international story when they were arrested for shoplifting during UCLA’s exhibition basketball trip to China last year. They were all suspended indefinitely, and LaVar Ball pulled his son out of school while he was serving that suspension.

Asked what he’ll tell NBA teams about why he left UCLA, Ball said: ”I don’t really remember too much about that. That’s a closed chapter in my life. I just moved on. Went overseas. Just learned from over there. Came back.”

LaVar had already pulled LaMelo out of high school to homeschool him and the two went to play professionally in Lithuania.

The move was heavily scrutinized.

”I think it prepared me a little better as far as going against grown men that care about their job every day,” LiAngelo Ball said. ”If you’re not producing out there, they’ll fire you real quick.”

During the workout, Ball was reunited with former UCLA teammate Thomas Welsh, a 7-foot center who played for the Bruins for four years. They practiced together at UCLA but didn’t play together there.

”I think he’s the same guy,” Welsh said. ”He’s a hard-working kid. We had a chance to play with him on 3-on-3 and 2-on-2 live action stuff. He’s a lot of fun to play with. He works his tail off. It was really good to be back on the court with him again today.”

Among others at the Lakers workout Tuesday were guard Jaylen Adams (St. Bonaventure), guard Devon Hall (Virginia) http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-joel-iyiegbuniwe-jersey , guard Tyus Battle (Syracuse) and Dusan Ristic (Arizona).

Starting Thursday at 8 p.m. ET, fans across the country will finally find out what their favorite teams have been planning to do all along in this year's NFL draft.For the New York Giants, whose draft efforts will be headed by new general manager Dave Gettleman, the big resolution fans and media are waiting to see play out is whether the team drafts a successor to 37-year-old Eli Manning.There are some who believe this year's quarterback class鈥擶yoming's Josh Allen, UCLA's Josh Rosen, USC's Sam Darnold, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Louisville's Lamar Jackson鈥攆eatures the best group of prospects to emerge in quite some time.Then there are others who think quantity in the QB class does not necessarily translate to quality and that a team such as the Giants, who have repeatedly backed Manning and his skills, would be better off putting high-quality pieces around him.Such names include聽Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson, or the Giants could go in a different direction by adding North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb to the mix.In the end, it doesn't matter what the court of public opinion thinks. Gettleman, who has tried to create a scenario in which multiple options are still on the table, will soon reveal who he's chosen and why.As the Giants make their selections this weekend, we'll provide updates below complete with analysis, grades, quotes directly from the Giants hierarchy and, if available, player reaction.The Picks1 of 7Julio Cortez/Associated PressRound 1, No. 2 overallRound 2, No. 34 overallRound 3, No. 66 overallRound 3 Patriots Cheap Jerseys , No. 69 overallRound 4, No. 108 overallRound 5, No. 139 overallThe Giants have six picks to fill needs at running back, offensive guard, offensive tackle, defensive end, quarterback and cornerback.Will they devote each of their six picks to filling these needs or will聽Gettleman聽look to package picks to maneuver around the draft board on Days 2 and 3?Keep an eye on the No. 2 overall pick.聽Gettleman聽has never traded back in the first round of the NFL draft鈥攊n fact, the last time the Giants did so was in 2006, when they were at No. 25 overall and swapped places with the Steelers at No. 32 and took defensive end Mathias聽Kiwanuka聽out of Boston College.聽聽The Giants are thought to have a steep asking price to trade down, a price that includes multiple first-round picks. But if there is a team out there with a strong conviction on a quarterback and willing to pay that price, there is a chance the Giants could walk away with a nice haul of picks spread over multiple years.Round 1, No. 2 Overall: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State2 of 7Gene J. Puskar/Associated PressNot since 2012, when Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for over 1,000 yards, have the Giants had a running back that has made opposing defensive coordinators think twice about stacking the box against them.With Saquon Barkley now officially on board, the Giants are hoping that changes.The G-Men, who eschewed a chance to draft a quarterback because they still believe that Eli Manning has a lot of football left despite being 37, made it clear they are building up the offense around him.In the 6'0", 233-pound Barkley Adidas Jason Pominville Jersey , the Giants are getting a running back who is as pro-ready as they come not just in terms of rushing the ball but also as a receiver out of the backfield and as a pass protector.How good has Barkley been? In his three-year career for the Nittany Lions, he logged 3,845 yards on 672 carries and 43 touchdowns with a whopping 2,359 yards after contact, according to Pro Football Focus' draft guide.His average yards per route run (1.9) also led all FBS running backs with at least 40 pass targets, and he is a constant threat to score every time he gets his hands on the ball.If Barkley delivers that kind of production for the Giants, Big Blue faithful can kiss goodbye the days of predictability in which receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was the sole source of the Giants offense.Grade: ARound 2, No. 34 Overall: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP3 of 7Gregory Payan/Associated PressEvery time Gettleman has taken to the podium since being hired as the Giants general manager, he's spoken about the importance of building the team from the inside out.So far, he's done just that, putting a focus on fixing one of the Giants' biggest Achilles' heels from the last few years: the offensive line. He added Nate Solder at left tackle and Patrick Omameh at guard via free agency to go along with Brett Jones at center. In the draft, he's now turned the focus on the right side of the offensive line, where UTEP's Will Hernandez, 6'2", 327 pounds, is expected to be a day-one starter at guard for this team.Hernandez, who if he plays on the right side is an instant upgrade from last year's incumbent John Jerry, brings a nasty streak to the field, one that is very similar to the way former longtime guard Rich Seubert played the game. In addition to that attitude Cheap Tre'Quan Smith Jersey , Hernandez is a mauler, a type the Giants really haven't had on their offensive line for some time.Grade: ARound 3, No. 66 Overall: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia4 of 7John Bazemore/Associated PressThe Giants finally turned their attention to the defensive side of the ball in Round 3, adding outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter from Georgia.Carter, 6'5", 250 pounds, posted some freakish measurables at the combine, including a 4.50 40-time, 36-inch vertical jump and a 10'10" broad jump, but it's his production that jumped out at the Giants.Carter, who in four seasons played in 54 games with 26 starts, has recorded 165 total tackles (20.5 for a loss) and 14 sacks over his career. While his career sack total isn't much to write home about鈥擟arter did force 54 pressures over his career鈥攖hat didn't seem to bother New York's decision-makers.聽"He was involved with a team that had a lot of pressures," said head coach Pat Shurmur, whose son Kyle was among those Carter harassed on the field."There are some really dynamic rushes that he put on the quarterback, but [the quart.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Los Angeles Rams hav

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 01:32

Andrew Luck spent two straight offseasons contemplating how it would feel to play football again.

He'll find out Thursday night.

Coach Frank Reich announced Tuesday that Luck would start and could play most of the first quarter in the Indianapolis Colts' preseason opener at Seattle.

"I'll be excited and a little nervous Dontae Johnson Jersey Elite ," Luck acknowledged after practice. "There were one or two moments where I wondered if, 'Am I ever going to be able to do this again?'"

He wasn't the only one asking that question during a nearly 600-day wait between starts. And he's not the only one who will be nervous lining up against the Seahawks' traditionally strong defense.

Much has changed since Luck performed in a televised game.

There's a new general manager and a new coach in town. There's been another new offense installed and Luck is still trying to learn everybody's names. Even the once formidable offense has undergone a major revamp.

Rookie Quenton Nelson and free agent signee Matt Slauson have moved in as the new starting guards. Tight Eric Ebron and receiver Ryan Grant are promising new targets for Luck, who will be handing off to second-year running back Marlon Mack for the first time in a game Thursday.

Luck can't wait to see how it all works together 鈥?even if it takes an entire preseason to work out the kinks.

"Every day I feel a little bit better about my technique in those team drills," he said. "And also I feel better, I feel stronger, I feel more fit, I feel like my arm has a little more in it and a little more in it and a little more in it. I'm certainly feeling more comfortable in the offense."

That's all good news for Colts fans who cringed at the notion their bright Austin Corbett Browns Jersey , young star may never return to his pre-injury form following surgery.

But after looking understandably rusty at his first training camp practice, Luck has shown indications he is getting back to his old ways.

His passes seem crisper, he's more in sync with his receivers and he's been able to complete passes consistently through smaller and smaller windows. His final throw Sunday 鈥?a 45-yarder on the run across his body for a touchdown to T.Y. Hilton in a two-minute drill 鈥?reminded Reich just how close Luck is to being completely healthy.

"We're doing end of half situation or end of game situation and he's just bailing out of there, 100 mph and that's a tough throw to kind of turn and make that," Reich said. "That's definitely checking something off (the list)."

Luck figures It's about time.

He initially hurt the right shoulder in September 2015 against Tennessee, missed the next two games, then returned to make four more starts before sustaining a season-ending lacerated kidney.

Instead of opting for surgery immediately Cheap Customized Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys , Luck decided to rest the shoulder. When the pain persisted, he played through it 鈥?making 15 starts and turning in arguably his best season as a pro in 2016 before undergoing surgery.

Indy expected Luck to return last season, but he didn't start throwing till early October and was shut down two weeks later after complaining of more pain. He went on injured reserve in November and didn't resume throwing footballs again until May.

Luck ramped up his activity during summer workouts in California and finally began practicing with the starting offense for the first time in 18 months after arriving at training camp 鈥?albeit on a revised schedule that mimics his regular-season routine.

And now, finally, Luck appears ready to take the next big step in his recovery, even if he only plays a couple of series.

"Part of playing in a game is being able to go through a hurdle when something happens and something doesn't go right, and surviving in a sense and being able to check off that box in your mind Denzel Ward Jersey ," he said.

The question, of course, is how the shoulder will react under game conditions, especially when he takes his first hit.

It's an answer everyone, including Luck, wants to know. But for now, Luck will be content getting acclimated to playing on the big stage again.

"How will warmups feel? What does that feel like? How do you feel when you turn the ball over?" Luck said. "What happens on third-and-long and it's loud and the headset goes out? What do you call? OK Uchenna Nwosu Jersey Elite , boom, did we do that well? How would you change that? Checking those boxes off."

The Los Angeles Rams have picked up their fifth-year contract options for 2019 on running back Todd Gurley and cornerback Marcus Peters.

The Rams announced their easiest decisions of the offseason Tuesday.

Gurley led the NFL in all-purpose yards as the league's Offensive Player of the Year last season, thriving in new coach Sean McVay's offense. He rushed for 1,305 yards and 13 touchdowns while catching 64 passes for 788 yards and six more scores.

The Rams acquired Peters from the Chiefs in February, and he is expected to start alongside fellow newcomer Aqib Talib. Peters earned two Pro Bowl selections and made 19 interceptions during his three seasons in Kansas City.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

was drafted

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 01:47

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay expects Andrew Luck to be his old self next season.

If trading the third overall pick or adding two of the best offensive linemen in this year's NFL draft wasn't enough to convince doubters Logan Cooke Color Rush Jersey , perhaps the acknowledgment that the Colts turned down trade inquiries for Luck will.

At an impromptu news conference during Saturday's draft, Irsay acknowledged the Colts had been contacted by other teams interested in Luck and the Colts had no interest in dealing ther face of the franchise. General manager Chris Ballard later clarified those initial contacts were made during the 2017 season.

"Look, we had some calls last year at the trade deadline and I said, 'We're not taking those seriously,'" Ballard said. "I said, 'I'm not putting that on my resume.'"

Luck Cheap Cody Latimer Jersey , the No. 1 overall pick in 2012, missed all of last season after having surgery for a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.

He's been on the field for Indy's offseason workouts, but still isn't throwing a regulation-sized football.

Earlier this week, Ballard acknowledged the Colts wouldn't have made the March deal with the New York Jets to move back three spots if they didn't believe Luck was healthy.

Irsay went even further Saturday, less than 48 hours after the Colts selected guard Quenton Nelson, the highest-rated offensive lineman in the draft Bradley Chubb Color Rush Jersey , at sixth overall. On Friday, they drafted another guard, Braden Smith, at No. 37.

"Trust me, there are people who would have given an unprecedented amount of draft picks for him, all with a No. 1 behind them and we wouldn't even consider it Authentic Antonio Callaway Jersey ," Irsay said. "He (Luck) is our guy and we're confident about that. Let's just say, I think the rest of the league is anticipating him to return and play great."

They need him.

Without Luck, the Colts endured their first losing season since 2011 and missed the playoffs for the third straight year.

But if Luck is healthy, Irsay believes the complexion of the Colts could change.

"Only Andrew can decide how far we are away because he's a magic man and there are only a few magic men and you know who they are," Irsay said. "But if he's healthy and he's back, he makes up for a lot of deficiencies. Can he take you all the way? We'll have to see how good Chris is at plugging the holes on defense and things like that."

The Oakland Raiders have signed fifth-round defensive tackle Maurice Hurst and seventh-round receiver Marcell Ateman to rookie contracts.

The deals announced Wednesday give the Raiders five of their nine draft picks under contract.

Hurst was drafted 140th overall out of Michigan after being selected as an All-American last season. He had 5陆 sacks as an interior rusher and led all nose tackles and defensive tackles with 49 total quarterback pressures Authentic Courtland Sutton Jersey , according to Pro Football Focus. He slipped to the fifth round because of concern over a heart condition that got him sent home from the combine.

Ateman was drafted 228th overall. He had 146 catches for 2,466 yards and 13 touchdowns at Oklahoma State.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

7). Yanda was named the league’s top offensive lineman in th

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 03:45

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension with kicker Matt Bryant.

The Falcons announced the agreement before Bryant could become a free agent on March 14.

In nine seasons with the Falcons Authentic Troy Niklas Jersey , Bryant has made 88.1 percent of his field goal attempts 鈥?230 of 261 鈥?and has missed only one of 340 extra points.

Bryant, who will turn 43 on May 29, made 34 of 37 field goals in 2016 and 34 of 39 in 2017. He made eight of nine field goals from at least 50 yards last season.

Bryant passed Morten Andersen to become the team's all-time scoring leader in 2016, when Bryant was named to his first Pro Bowl.

— Ravens coach John Harbaugh is reaping some health benefits with the return of Pro Bowl guard Marshal Yanda.

“Seeing him out there doing individual drills was good for my blood pressure,” Harbaugh said.

Yanda participated in individual drills during the team’s two-day Authentic JK Scott Jersey , joint practices with the Los Angeles Rams. Yanda won’t play in the Ravens-Ravens preseason game Thursday night, saying it will likely take three weeks to get into game shape. He could be held out of the three preseason games as a precaution, but said he plans to be ready for Baltimore’s opener against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 9.

When he does return, the Ravens will rely heavily on Yanda to anchor the offensive line after he missed the final 14 games last season with a fractured ankle. He also sat out the early part of training camp following shoulder surgery.

“It’s exciting being back out there,” Yanda said Wednesday shortly after the teams concluded their final practice. “I definitely missed it last year. I’m just taking it one day at a time. But I am feeling great and am definitely on schedule.”

One of the goals for the Ravens this offseason has been to solidify the offensive line. Quarterback Joe Flacco needs more time in pocket to be effective and he should benefit with Yanda back in the starting lineup Authentic Rashaad Penny Jersey , according to Harbaugh. Flacco was sacked 27 times last season and the Ravens had the 29th-ranked passing attack in the league.

James Hurst had been filling in at right guard while Yanda has been sidelined.

“Marshal makes a big difference in our offensive line,” Harbaugh said. “What’s the exponential number? What’s the percentage better? A lot. . I’m happy to see it, and I just want to keep seeing him get better.”

While Yanda has been durable throughout his career, he knew the ankle injury against Cleveland in Week 2 was going to have a long-term impact. He then injured his shoulder lifting weights in the offseason.

“It was tough last year because I couldn’t fight through that one,” said Yanda Cheap Armani Watts Jersey , who is entering his 12th NFL season. “It was kind of a bang-bang injury and I was done for the year. Injuries are part of football. I’m excited to get back this year and I’m ready to roll.”

Yanda, 33, has played in 146 games, including 135 starts, which ranks as the second-most games played among offensive linemen in Ravens history behind Hall-of-Famer Jonathan Ogden (177). Yanda was named the league’s top offensive lineman in the league in 2016 by Pro Football Focus when he didn’t allow a sack or quarterback hit that entire season.

Despite the recent spate of injuries Authentic Jonathan Allen Jersey , Yanda is confident he can still make a big impact with the team.

“I definitely have a lot left in the tank and that fire is still there and burns,” Yanda said. “I want to get back out there and play. That desire to play definitely kept me rolling. I am definitely excited to play this fall.”

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

ALEN HANSON, 2B

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 03:56

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (10-7)

OPEN CAMP: July 28 Jason Witten Jersey Elite , Missouri Western, St. Joseph, Missouri

LAST YEAR: Chiefs rolled to 5-0 start, went through midseason swoon, then won final four games of regular season to defend AFC West title for first time in franchise history. QB Alex Smith had career season, RB Kareem Hunt led NFL in rushing, and WR Tyreek Hill evolved from speedy gadget star to playmaking pass catcher. Defense struggled to absorb season-ending injury to SS Eric Berry, resulting in unit that routinely allowed big plays. Season ended when Kansas City blew 21-3 halftime lead in 22-21 loss to Tennessee in wild-card round of playoffs.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: WR Sammy Watkins, LB Anthony Hitchens, CB Kendall Fuller, QB Chad Henne, DT Xavier Williams, QB Matt McGloin, TE Tim Wright, CB David Amerson, LB Breeland Speaks, DT Derrick Nnadi, LB Dorian O’Daniel Adidas Tuukka Rask Jersey , SS Armani Watts.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: QB Alex Smith, CB Marcus Peters, LB Derrick Johnson, FS Ron Parker, LB Tamba Hali, CB Phillip Gaines, WR Albert Wilson, CB Terrance Mitchell, OL Zach Fulton, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, LB Ramik Wilson, DL Bennie Logan, CB Kenneth Acker.

CAMP NEEDS: Must determine starting CBs after trading Peters and releasing Mitchell, with Fuller and Amerson front-runners. Berry must prove his health after tearing Achilles tendon last September. Pass rush must show improvement with rookies Speaks and O’Daniel complementing OLBs Justin Houston and Dee Ford.

EXPECTATIONS: Chiefs’ have overhauled roster under second-year GM Brett Veach, particularly on defense. Longtime stalwarts Johnson and Hali are gone and rookies will be expected to contribute from first snap. But if Chiefs are to win third straight AFC West title, they need second-year QB Patrick Mahomes II to live up to expectations. Kansas City traded up to select him 10th overall in 2017, and was so confident in his abilities it traded Smith to Redskins after best season of career.

It’s been a week full of injuries, as more and more pitchers hit the disabled list Authentic Seth Jones Jersey , making arms a premium once again for Fantasy owners.

He’s not a pitcher, but Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez headlines the list of injured players, as the catcher will miss 3-4 weeks for the second straight season.

There are names like John Hicks, Austin Romine, Tucker Barnhart and Tom Murphy who deserve to be owned in Sanchez’ absence. Now, let’s look at some pitchers to help hold down your rotation.

PLAYERS TO PICK UP

ZACH EFLIN, SP, Philadelphia Phillies (42 percent owned in Yahoo) – First it was Nick Pivetta, now it’s Zach Eflin. The Phillies are having pitchers who were no more than a healthy arm last season turn into legit standouts. Eflin increased his velocity this year, and he’s adding more swings and misses than a season ago. Like Pivetta, it’s smart to grab him before everyone else in your league takes notice.

ZACK WHEELER, SP, New York Mets (12 percent) – Like Jacob deGrom earlier this season, the Mets struggle to win games for Wheeler. That’s OK, though, as he is holding his own as of late with a reasonable ERA and a good strikeout rate. He won’t live up to the prospect hype that he had when he was moving through the system, but he can be a useful pitcher for your Fantasy roster.

SHANE BIEBER, SP Cheap DJ Chark Jersey , Cleveland Indians (57 percent) – Bieber was thought to be a guy who wouldn’t register big strikeout numbers, but would help Fantasy owners out in ERA, WHIP and Wins. Well, in a small sample, he’s averaging more than a strikeout per inning. Add him wherever he’s available.

ADALBERTO MONDESI, OF, Kansas City Royals (1 percent) – Speed is hard to find. Kevin Kiermaier was a suggested pickup last week as a multi-category contributor, but Mondesi is a deep-league add if you’re desperate for speed.

TWO-START PITCHERS TO STREAM

BRENT SUTER, SP, Milwaukee Brewers (39 percent) – It’s not a great week for two-start pitchers, and Suter underachieved in a juicy matchup against the Royals on Wednesday. He’s worth running out again, though, as he gets the Twins and the Braves in a two-start matchup.

KYLE GIBSON, SP, Minnesota Twins (34 percent) – Speaking of failing to capitalize, Gibson struggled against the White Sox on Wednesday. Forget that start, though, as he’s been a quality start machine this year. He’ll face a less-than-favorable team in the Brewers in his first start Cheap Customized Miami Dolphins Jerseys , but he’ll wrap the week up against Baltimore, who struggled mightily against right-handed pitching.

NATHAN EOVALDI, SP, Tampa Bay Rays (7 percent) – Eovaldi impressed this week against the Nationals, allowing just one hit over six innings. He has a date with the Marlins and Mets next week; both of which are terrific matchups.

HITTERS TO STREAM

SCOTT SCHEBLER, OF, Cincinnati Reds (22 percent) – Jesse Winker is starting to come around for the Reds, but Schebler has been the 22nd-best outfielder in Yahoo leagues over the past 30 games as the leadoff hitter for the Reds.

LOGAN MORRISON, 1B, Minnesota Twins (13 percent) – The Twins have seven games next week in Milwaukee and against the Orioles‘ bad pitching staff. There’s only one lefty on the slate, which means Morrison is a sneaky streamer to get in your lineup.

ALEN HANSON, 2B/OF, San Francisco Giants (5 percent) – Hanson has been playing regularly for the Giants, and he’s a contributor across multiple categories, with his standout category being batting average. With three games in Colorado and four more against the all-of-the-sudden questionable St. Louis rotation, Hanson could fill the stat sheets for Fantasy owners.

This column was provided to The Associated Press by the Fantasy Sports Network, .
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Re: Equação com Radicall mistal

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 04:10

As Boston Red Sox players donned red Youth Rick Leonard Jersey , white and blue outfits to celebrate a 3-0 victory on the 4th of July that completed a sweep, the Washington Nationals held a players-only meeting to discuss a fifth consecutive loss and the precarious spot they’re now in beyond the halfway point of the season.

Done in again by small mistakes that get magnified in a stretch such as this, the preseason NL East favorites lost for the 17th time in 22 games Wednesday to fall below .500 for the first time this late in the year since being 60-61 on Aug. 21, 2015.

This time, it was a throwing error by Adam Eaton on a sacrifice fly in foul territory and a wild pitch by Ryan Madson (2-4) in a disastrous seventh inning that dropped the Nationals to 42-43 and kept them from making up ground on the division-leading Atlanta Braves.

”We’re a good team and we’re going to go out there and compete with anybody,” said Bryce Harper, who went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.

”We just have to keep grinding and keep doing our thing and good things will happen. We’ve never been in this position before, and I think it’s an exciting time for us. In years past, we’ve won the division by a lot of games. We’re able to be behind right now and I’m excited to get there and test it.”

Powered by struggling outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr.’s two RBIs on the sac fly and a ninth-inning double and a strong start by Eduardo Rodriguez (10-3), the Red Sox moved 30 games over .500 under rookie manager Alex Cora.

”We know where we’re at, but we still have a long ways to go,” Cora said. ”(The Nationals) have a good team. They’ll figure it out. I’ve seen that before from them. They struggle a little bit and they’ll pick it up. They’ll be in the hunt.”

Bradley Richard Rodgers Jersey Elite , who came into the game hitting .201, worked full counts on each of his at-bats that produced a run. He was hoping the ball Eaton caught deep in foul territory down the third-base line would go out of play so he could see another pitch but will gladly take the RBIs – the second time this season he has had two in a game without a home run.

”Just had to continue to battle and finally get a pitch I could handle,” Bradley said. ”Any time you can help the team win, it’s a positive. It’s good, any way you can do it.”

Rodriguez struck out six in six scoreless innings, mixing his change-up and slider in more often to keep Nationals hitters off-balance.

The Red Sox now have the first pair of 10-game winners in the majors with Rodriguez and Rick Porcello, whose double off Max Scherzer helped win them the first game of this series.

The Nationals have lost four series in a row. This freefall led to the postgame meeting Wednesday afternoon.

”It’s `Let’s get this thing going,”’ Nationals infielder Trea Turner said. ”We all know we’re capable of playing better baseball. It’s time we do it. It’s do or die now.”

FEDDE HURT

Nationals starter Erick Fedde left the game one batter into the second inning with right shoulder stiffness and gave way to left-hander Matt Grace, who allowed just one hit and struck out four in four innings of relief. Manager Davey Martinez said Fedde was scheduled to have an MRI.

”We watched him throw and his (velocity) was down,” Martinez said. ”He was out there and wanted to keep pitching. I went out there and they told me he was stiff and I said `No, we’re not going to do that to you.”’

TRAINER’S ROOM

Red Sox: Manager Alex Cora said LHP Drew Pomeranz (biceps tendinitis) would most likely make a second rehab start early next week. … RHP Tyler Thornburg was activated from the disabled list after rehabbing from shoulder surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome last June.

Nationals: 1B Matt Adams was activated after missing 16 games with a broken left index finger. To clear room, LHP Tim Collins was designated for assignment. … C Matt Wieters (left hamstring strain) is doing some catching Joseph Noteboom Jersey Rams , but still hasn’t done enough running to be ready to return.

UP NEXT

Red Sox: After a day off, LHP Chris Sale (8-4, 2.41 ERA) brings a 15-inning scoreless streak into his Friday start at Kansas City, which is expected to start Jason Hammel (2-10, 5.56).

Nationals: RHP Jeremy Hellickson (2-1, 2.63) will look to last at least six innings to spare a heavily used bullpen when Washington faces RHP Pablo Lopez (1-0, 3.00) to open a four-game series against the Miami Marlins.

>Terrell Owens has decided to celebrate his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Chattanooga, where he played college football.The former NFL All-Pro receiver, who has said he was not attending the induction ceremony in Canton, Ohio, released a statement on Tuesday saying he would give his acceptance speech at his alma mater.“I have decided to give my Hall of Fame speech at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in McKenzie Arena on Saturday, August 4 Patriots Danny Shelton Jersey ,” Owens posted on . “The event, which is free and open to the public, starts at 3:17 p.m.”Owens added that he is “proud to be a Moc, and I’m honored to be able to share this experience with my family, friends, teammates and fans at the place that provided me an opportunity beyond high school and where I truly began to find myself as an athlete.”The 44-year-old Owens said he is looking forward to the event, and “Getcha popcorn ready.”Owens was a three-sport athlete at Chattanooga, where he played football from 1992-95. He also played basketball and ran track for the Mocs. Owens said he “realized just how much I want to celebrate what will inevitably be the best weekend of my life at a place that means so much to me.”He was voted into the hall in February after being denied in his first two years of eligibility. His announcement last month that he was skipping the Aug. 4 induction ceremony at the Pro Football Hall of Fame is unprecedented by an enshrinee.In a statement released last month by his publicist, Owens said: “While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.“After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere Cheap Customized San Francisco 49ers Jerseys ,” Owens added. “At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.”Chattanooga athletic director Mark Wharton said Tuesday that Owens first spoke with school officials “several months ago” about the possibility of having some type of event in Chattanooga. At the time, Owens hadn’t yet indicated he was skipping the Canton induction ceremony.Wharton said Owens spoke with them again “two to three weeks ago” about the possibility of giving his induction speech on campus and that officials were “ecstatic” about the idea.“Obviously we supported him going to Canton,” Wharton said. “At the time, there hadn’t been any living Hall of Fame members who did not go to Canton, so our assumption was that he was (going to Canton). But in multiple conversations with him and his team, he felt most comfortable doing it in a place that molded him into the player and person he is today.”Wharton said the specifics of the Aug. 4 ceremony haven’t been finalized, but he expects a weekend full of events around town honoring Owens.Owens entered the league as a third-round pick by San Francisco in 1996 and developed into a star known for some memorable playoff appearances, including his winning 25-yard TD catch to beat Green Bay in 1999; his 177 yards in a comeback win against the Giants in 2003; and his nine catches for 122 yards in the 2004 Super Bowl against New England just seven weeks after breaking his leg.He ranks second to Jerry Rice with 15,934 yards receiving and is third on the all-time touchdowns receiving list with 153.Owens heavily criticized the voting process when he failed to be elected in 2016 and 2017. Among the reasons he fell short were his being considered a divisive teammate and negative presence in the locker room.AP Pro Football Writer Barry Wilner contributed to this report..
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Re: EquaçãDoesn’t matter that

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 04:21

The Bengals have spent the first two days of the draft importing players from Ohio State Bryan Shaw Colorado Rockies Jersey , a place they've overlooked for nearly a quarter of a century. They're going to look out-of-state in the final rounds, hoping to add depth on the offensive line and several other spots with their seven picks.

They've taken center Billy Price in the first round and defensive end Sam Hubbard in the third round from Ohio State. They hadn't drafted two Buckeyes since 1994 鈥?defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson with the first overall pick and running back Jeff Cothran in the third round.

They had drafted only two Buckeyes in the last 23 years 鈥?none higher than the sixth round 鈥?while taking seven players from Michigan.

Eric Berry has twice overcome season-ending injuries, and the way the Kansas City Chiefs safety came back from a cancer diagnosis to play the following season was nothing short of inspirational.

In other words, Berry has every reason to rue what might have been.

Yet the undisputed leader of the Chiefs secondary would be driven to distraction if he wasted much time feeling sorry for himself.

Instead, Berry preferred to use the two-plus seasons spent on the sideline as a learning opportunity, a chance to better himself mentally and emotionally if not physically.

”I learned so much,” he explained after the Chiefs’ first padded practice of training camp on the fields of Missouri Western State University.

”The whole cancer deal was a privilege, to be honest with you. A blessing. Because I learned so much Cheap Customized Washington Redskins Jerseys , and so many people inspired me. Just being to connect with them, the common thread of having cancer and overcoming it, I can’t tell you what it means to me.”

Berry learned similar lessons about overcoming adversity, keeping a positive mindset and focusing on what he could control when he lost seasons to a torn ACL and a ruptured Achilles’ tendon.

The knee injury occurred in 2011, his second year in the league, when he was coming off a breakout rookie year that ended in the Pro Bowl. Berry was blocked low by Buffalo wide receiver Steve Johnson in their season opener and wound up missing the rest of the season.

He returned to make two straight Pro Bowls, and was voted an All-Pro in 2013, the year before his cancer diagnosis. Berry underwent chemotherapy and other treatments and the lymphoma went into remission Authentic John Franklin-Myers Jersey , and he was back on the field in his familiar No. 29 jersey in time for training camp.

Two more Pro Bowl appearances and two more All-Pro nods followed suit.

Then came last year’s opener in New England, when the Chiefs were busy rolling to a dominant victory over the Patriots. Berry went down with a seemingly innocuous injury that ultimately marred an impressive win when it was revealed that he tore the tendon on the backside of his left ankle.

”My second year, I felt like I was probably the best shape of my life, and I was starting to learn the defense and acclimating to what was going on around me,” Berry said. ”Then the cancer hit when I was getting to my peak, getting to where I needed to be. Same thing last year.

”But you really can’t wonder where you’d be because I learned so much throughout all three of those processes,” he added, ”and I just keep going. I can’t really tell you where I’d be.”

Chances are he’d still be in the middle of the Kansas City secondary.

”I mean Roquan Smith Bears Jersey , look, Eric’s our leader. We appreciate when he’s out there going, the guys feed off him,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. ”It’s the whole story, the whole thing that he went through, the fact that he does everything out here and works his tail off. It’s a phenomenal story.”

The Chiefs are counting on Berry to provide guidance and leadership to a defensive backfield that will have an entirely new look this season. Star cornerback Marcus Peters was traded to the Rams earlier this year in an attempt to improve the locker room culture, and veterans Terrance Mitchell and Ron Parker were let go as new general manager Brett Veach made his mark on the roster.

Kansas City will have a pair of new starters at cornerback – Steven Nelson and Kendall Fuller are the front-runners – along with a new nickel back. And while Daniel Sorensen could reprise his role at one of the safety spots after taking over for Berry last season, there is a good chance athletic and talented rookie Armani Watts could eventually line up at the free safety spot.

”That’s our leader Adidas Evgeny Kuznetsov Jersey , man. He’s been here the longest and he’s been doing it for a long time at a high level,” Nelson said. ”Just his presence alone, man, it’s motivating.”

Doesn’t matter that the first preseason game is still a couple of weeks away.

”I think it’s a good feeling to see guys who you know are leaders on this team back in their roles, doing what they do,” wide receiver Chris Conley said. ”He has an impact for this team.”

NOTES: RB Kareem Hunt (hamstring) was back at practice Monday after getting a day off, though the team was not in pads. … LB Ukeme Eligwe missed practice with a foot strain. … The Chiefs have their first day off of training camp Tuesday.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

UP NEXT

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 04:35

Matchups for the Super Bowl between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots:

When the Eagles (15-3) have the ball

The Patriots must be wary of a balanced offense that tore apart Minnesota Authentic Kody Clark Jersey , which has a better overall defense than does New England. Forget about Nick Foles (9) being a backup quarterback; his postseason performances, particularly in the NFC title game, have been strong.

Foles will try to get TE Zach Ertz (86) involved early; he was unstoppable against the Vikings. Indeed, the Eagles have three tight ends they are comfortable going to, including Brent Celek (87) and Trey Burton (88). That places an onus on safeties Devin McCourty (32), as reliable as any player at that position in the league, and Patrick Chung (23).

Philadelphia’s wideouts supposedly were a weakness heading into the season. Not quite. Alshon Jeffery (17) is a clear No. 1 target with excellent hands and the ability to get open all over the field. That frees up vastly improved Nelson Agholor (13) and veteran Torrey Smith (82). They will challenge the Patriots’ solid cornerbacks, Malcolm Butler (21) and Stephon Gilmore (24).

New England’s defensive backs will need a bolstered pass rush, something the Patriots manufacture with a variety of players, from Trey Flowers (98) to Geneo Grissom (96) to Lawrence Guy (93) to rookie Adam Butler (70) to the rejuvenated LB James Harrison (92). Philly is most staunch at center with Jason Kelce (62) and right tackle with Lane Johnson (65), both All-Pros.

One thing the Eagles are sure to try to keep New England’s offense on the sideline is getting Jay Ajayi (36), former Patriot LeGarrette Blount (29) and rookie Corey Clement (30) some open space for runs. New England LB Kyle Van Noy (53) figures to have a busy day unless Philly falls behind.

When the Patriots (15-3) have the ball

Tom Brady (12) has won five Super Bowls, four times as game MVP. Never mind that he is 40, he’s playing as if he’s in his prime – hey, he might be – and will test Philadelphia’s versatile defense from the outset.

Oddly Youth Mike McGlinchey Jersey , while Brady led the NFL with 4,577 passing yards, no QB who paced the NFL in that category has won the Super Bowl in that season, going 0-5. Brady couldn’t do it, and the others were Peyton Manning, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner and Dan Marino.

It’s essential that the Eagles get in Brady’s face throughout. That means DLs Fletcher Cox (91), the best defensive player in this postseason, Brandon Graham (55), rookie Derek Barnett (96) and former Patriot Chris Long (56) must apply pressure. That’s doable but not easy against an offensive line without any stars, but with plenty of skill. LT Nate Solder (77) and C David Andrews (60) are the key guys up front.

Philly must be alert not only for all of Brady’s targets – WRs Brandon Cooks (14), Danny Amendola (80), Chris Hogan (15), RBs James White (28) and Dion Lewis (33) – but for Lewis and White in the running game. Both are shifty and flexible and have Brady’s trust.

The Eagles’ secondary, often criticized for its inconsistency Lamar Jackson Color Rush Jersey , has gotten very stingy in the playoffs. Of course, CBs Ronald Darby (41), Jalen Mills (31) and Patrick Robinson (21) haven’t faced this kind of offense.

Perhaps most critical among all matchups is whether All-Pro TE Rob Gronkowski (87) has recovered from a concussion. His confrontations with veteran S Malcolm Jenkins (27) could be telling.

Special Teams

Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski (3) rebounded from a rough 2016 to have a strong season. He made 37 out of 40 field goals in the regular season, going 4 for 4 on kicks of 50 or more yards. He is one of the league’s most clutch kickers and is third in career postseason points in NFL history.

Lewis is the only player in this game to have returned a kickoff for a touchdown this season. He ranked fourth in the NFL with 24.8 yards per return.

Amendola is also a threat on punt returns. He averaged 8.6 yards per return during the regular season, including a long of 40 yards, and had a big one against Jacksonville in the AFC title game.

Philadelphia’s Jake Elliott (4) set a postseason club record with a 53-yard field goal and has longer range than Gostkowski. But he is less reliable on extra points, having missed four.

P Donnie Jones (8) ranked 17th in net average and Kenjon Barner (38) filled in nicely after Darren Sproles was injured. Barner’s best punt return went for 76 yards.

Coverage units are solid despite losing special-teams captain Chris Maragos.

Coaching

Philly was in attack mode from the outset against Minnesota, and that’s a good reflection on Doug Pederson and his staff. Pederson knows he can’t back off against New England, and defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is known for being aggressive.

Not much has to be said about a New England staff that is 5-2 in Super Bowls. A twist, not unprecedented but interesting, has both coordinators, Matt Patricia on defense and Josh McDaniels on offense, bound for head coaching spots elsewhere. Don’t look for it to have any effect on this game.

Intangibles

The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl; their previous NFL title was in 1960. They have that extra edge that perennial underdogs – even in home playoff games as the No. 1 seed – would carry. Their confidence is soaring after they tore apart the stingiest scoring defense in the league for the conference championship.

New England probably doesn’t need anything in this category. But the Patriots always seem to find some extr Keon Broxton homered twice, dashed home on a rundown and made a diving catch in the ninth inning. With the depleted Brewers needing a little help, the newest addition to the roster did it all.

Broxton drove in four runs Friday night Martinas Rankin Jersey Texans , and Chase Anderson pitched two-hit ball for six innings, leading the Milwaukee Brewers to an 8-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.

The Brewers won their seventh straight against the Reds, their best such streak against Cincinnati in franchise history. Milwaukee is 7-1 overall in the season series.

Broxton was called up three days earlier when Lorenzo Cain suffered a groin strain. He had an RBI single, a solo homer , and a two-run shot as the Brewers pulled away with five runs in the ninth inning.

Broxton also scored from third during a rundown play in the eighth inning, going head-first to beat the throw.

”Probably one of my best games ever, honestly,” Broxton said. ”With the way they’re doing, I just want to come in, fill a spot and keep it moving.”

The NL Central leaders improved to are 48-33 at the midpoint of their season. The Brewers were 42-39 last season, when they finished second to the Cubs.

”Look, we’ve earned this,” manager Craig Counsell said. ”We’ve had a successful first half of the season. We’ve got to keep backing it up.”

They suffered another setback when Ryan Braun came out of the game in the seventh inning with a stiff back, leaving the Brewers missing two regulars. Christian Yelich also was sidelined by a sore back. Braun missed six games last month with a back problem.

Counsell said Braun’s back has bothered him lately. The Brewers are considering whether he’ll need to go on the disabled list.

”He tried to play but it just was getting worse as the game went on,” Counsell said.

Broxton and Anderson pulled them through.

Anderson (6-6) completed his rough month with one of his best performances. The right-hander was 1-3 in five previous June starts. He limited the Reds to Tucker Barnhart’s single through the first five innings. Reliever Michael Lorenzen connected in the sixth inning for his second homer in a week and his fourth career.

Broxton singled home a run in the second inning and led off the fourth with his first homer of the season off Sal Romano (4-8) Chase Edmonds Jersey Elite , who has lost all of his five career starts against Milwaukee.

”Sal’s better than that,” Reds interim manager Jim Riggleman said. ”He faced 25 batters in five innings. That isn’t good enough. I don’t take much positive out of this game.”

In the eighth inning, Broxton walked, stole a base and made it safely home from third when the Reds initially caught him in a rundown, then turned to Orlando Arcia at second base. Broxton reversed course and scored.

”That was a wild one,” he said. ”High adrenalin, and it was fun.”

He completed his big night with a two-run shot in the ninth off Jackson Stephens for his third career multi-homer game.

BREWERS PARK?

Milwaukee has homered in each of its last 17 games at Great American Ball Park, hitting a total of 38. It’s the longest such streak by an opponent at GABP. Milwaukee has homered in each of its last five games overall, matching its longest streak of the season.

LORENZEN CONNECTION

Lorenzen has four homers in his last 23 plate appearances since 2016. He also homered on June 24 against the Cubs.

STREAK SNAPPED

Milwaukee’s Jesus Aguilar singled twice but ended his streak of three straight games with a homer. He was trying to become the first Brewer to connect in four straight since Eric Thames did it last June. In his last 13 games, Aguilar is batting .432 with three doubles, eight homers and 17 RBIs.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Brewers: Yellich’s back tightened as he ran to first base in the series opener on Thursday. Counsell said after the game that it was improving with treatment.

Reds: Homer Bailey threw 100 pitches in his third minor league rehab appearance on Thursday night without physical problem, but had trouble controlling his fastball, Riggleman said. Bailey has been sidelined since June 2 with a sore right knee. He’s 1-7 with a 6.68 ERA.

UP NEXT

Brewers: Jhoulys Chacin (6-3) is 0-2 with a 4.67 ERA in five career appearances at Great American Ball Park.

Reds: Rookie Tyler Mahle (6-6) is undefeated in five June starts, going 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

ttp://www.pan

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 20, 2018 04:49

Patrick Smith/Getty ImagesSMU wide receiver Trey Quinn聽is this year's Mr. Irrelevant after being selected Saturday by the Washington Redskins聽with the 256th and final pick of the 2018 NFL draft at ATT Stadium in Arlington Keke Coutee Jersey Elite , Texas.Quinn started his college career at LSU before transferring to the Mustangs in 2016. He led the country with 114 catches last season to go along with 1,236 yards and 13 touchdowns.Here's a look at some of the reaction to the pick on social media:Bleacher Report BleacherReportWith the 256th pick of the #NFLDraft, this year鈥檚 鈥楳r. Irrelevant鈥?is Trey Quinn! Ku6UoSQaeWJake Kring-Schreifels jakeks19Fun fact on wide receiver Trey Quinn, Mr. Irrelevant, and the #Redskins final pick of #NFLDraft: He threw a no-hitter in the opening round of the 2008 Little League World Series.Jon Ledyard LedyardNFLDraftTrey Quinn had a 4th rd grade from me haha. Hes good. Knows what hes doing and is pro ready. Tested pretty well too. He can absolutely make that teamDavid Helman HelmanDCTrey Quinn is a dude I鈥檇 absolutely expect to make a 53-man roster. That鈥檚 a way better value than I鈥檇 expect from the final pick in the draft 馃憖Rob RobPaul54Mr. Irrelevant this year is my guy SMU WR Trey Quinn! I had a fourth-round grade on the kid. Awesome hands Nick Nelson Jersey Elite , routes, and adjusts to balls well. Love this pick. Very similar player to Jamison Crowder. Hes making a team.Jake Kring-Schreifels jakeks19Fun fact on wide receiver Trey Quinn, Mr. Irrelevant, and the #Redskins final pick of #NFLDraft: He threw a no-hitter in the opening round of the 2008 Little League World Series.RosterWatch RosterWatchTrey Quinn will be ANYTHING but quot;Irrelevantquot; in the NFL. Write it down in permanent marker.PFF Fantasy Football PFF_FantasyAnd Trey Quinn is the 2018 Mr. Irrelevant. #HTTR D5Q4aXZfBJJimmy Burch Jimmy_Burch#SMU WR Trey Quinn is most-talented Mr. Irrelevant I can remember as final pick of an #NFLDraft. Dude can play. Completely understand why Redskins spent pick on him instead of fighting to sign him as UFA.Quinn will be honored during June's Irrelevant Week in Newport Beach, California. The annual tradition incorporates a celebration of the draft's final pick with charity work Youth Da'Shawn Hand Jersey , and he'll have an opportunity to play a key role in the planning process."While we have some of the annual events already in place, we contact Mr. Irrelevant from the floor of the draft immediately after his name has been announced," Irrelevant Week CEO Melanie Fitch said. "We ask him what are his likes and wishes, and then we personalize the events around his preferences."After that, it's on to training camp and the preseason Donte Jackson Jersey Panthers , where he'll likely be forced to battle for a roster spot ahead of his rookie campaign. Former Washington Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland has been stuck on the free-agent market far longer than expected thanks to a failed physical that聽voided a deal with the Carolina Panthers back in March.聽聽The Redskins are one of the teams around the league still searching for cornerback depth, but JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington recently reported that a reunion is unlikely.聽A number of teams picking near the end of the first round are expected to be in the market for a cornerback. This includes teams such as the Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots.聽If any of these miss out on an instant-impact cornerback in the draft, Breeland could potentially be their fall-back plan.聽 聽 聽Johnathan Hankins, DTJeff Haynes/Associated PressEarlier this month ESPN's Dan Graziano reported that former Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins had visits with the Redskins and the New York Jets. However Ian Thomas Color Rush Jersey , Hankins remains unsigned.聽It's unclear why he didn't sign with the Jets, but the Redskins likely delayed making him an offer due to their position in the draft.聽The Redskins have been widely linked to Washington nose tackle Vita Vea鈥攁 match which Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com called the league's "worst-kept secret."If the Redskins land Vea, Hankins is no longer needed. However, their earlier visit with Hankins may have been arranged to set up a backup plan in the event that Vea is off the board before the Redskins can get their hands on him..
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

McDougald w

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 04:53

鈥?Receiver Willie Snead has bid farewell to the Saints Chargers Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , which means New Orleans apparently won’t match the contract the Baltimore Ravens offered the restricted free agent.Eager to add a target for quarterback Joe Flacco, the Ravens on Friday offered Snead a two-year John Kelly Color Rush Jersey , $10.4 million contract. The Saints had five days to match the deal. Snead indicated Monday on that he’s headed out of New Orleans.Snead tweeted: “What I’m going to miss most is the men in the locker room & the coaches.”He added: “Even though I’m sad to go, I’m even more excited for the next chapter in my life. I can’t wait to strap it on as a Baltimore Raven.”The deal has not been announced by the NFL.Hampered by a three-game suspension and a hamstring injury http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-malik-jefferson-jersey , Snead was limited to eight catches for 92 yards last year.In 2015, he had 69 receptions for 984 yards. He caught 72 passes for 895 yards in 2016. The Seattle Seahawks are retaining one of their key defensive backs by signing safety Bradley McDougald to a three-year contract.

Bringing back McDougald was important for the Seahawks after he showed his value last season with his ability to fill in at both strong safety and free safety. McDougald was able to fill in for Earl Thomas when he was injured and took over for Kam Chancellor after he was lost for the season to a neck injury.

McDougald was set to become a free agent after playing last season on a one-year deal. NFL reported McDougald's new deal is worth up to nearly $14 million. McDougald finished the 2017 season with 67 tackles and four passes defensed.

Seattle also released defensive back DeShawn Shead Texans Cheap Jerseys , making him an unrestricted free agent. Seattle wants to bring Shead back.

He spent most of last season on the physically unable to perform list due to a knee injury and Seattle could have brought him back under the terms of that contract. But now that Shead is healthy, the Seahawks afforded him the chance to see his value on the open market.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

It was a w

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 05:07

The Buffalo Sabres have signed two-time Notre Dame leading scorer Andrew Oglevie to a two-year entry level contract.

Oglevie capped his college career on a top-ranked Fighting Irish team that lost the NCAA Tournament championship game to Minnesota Duluth last weekend. The forward was named to the NCAA All-Tournament team after scoring three goals and four assists in four games.

The 23-year-old from Fullerton Atlanta Falcons Jerseys Womens , California, led the Irish with 15 goals and finished second on the team with 39 points last season.

Overall, the undrafted player finished with 41 goals and 48 assists for 89 points in 107 career games.

Oglevie will complete the spring term at school, before his contract kicks in for the start of next season.

This story has been corrected to reflect the Sabres announcing Oglevie’s contract is for two instead of three years.

More NHL hockey: Coaching runs deep in Mike Pettine's family.

Vacations to the Jersey shore as a child gave the Green Bay Packers' defensive coordinator a glimpse of the life. His father, a high school football coach in suburban Philadelphia, took a briefcase to the beach, settled a chair into the sand and went to work.

"I do the same ... But it's a backpack. I'm a little more with the times," Pettine said.

The lessons passed on by dad stay with him to this day.

Mike Pettine Sr., who died in Feburary 2017, was one of the most successful coaches in Pennsylvania prep history. Pettine Oakland Raiders Jerseys Womens , 51, is coaching again in the NFL after being hired by head coach Mike McCarthy to oversee the Packers defense. He returned after largely staying out of football following a two-year stint as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, serving as a consultant with Seattle in 2017.

"I thought it was normal for everybody else's dad to carry a briefcase on to the beach," Pettine said after a recent Packers practice. "He always had (football) on his mind, it was always there. If it wasn't direct, it was always kind of lurking. He always had pen and paper close, if an idea popped into his head."

Those ideas often worked.

The elder Pettine won 326 games at Central Bucks West High School and four state titles. He retired in 1999 following a third consecutive unbeaten season.

Pettine played for his father and later served as an assistant coach. He ended up across the field from his father, too, after taking the head coaching job at rival North Penn 鈥?matchups that often made Philadelphia-area headlines. Pettine took over a team that went from hovering at about .500 to challenging his father's team for state supremacy.

All five head-to-head meetings went to Dad.

"The headline 'Father knows best' was getting a little bit old," Pettine quipped.

The elder Pettine was a Philadelphia Eagles fan http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ed-dickson-jersey , though he had no qualms about rooting for whatever team that his son was working for as he climbed the NFL coaching ladder. Pettine's first stop in the pros came in 2002 as an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

Dad would serve as a consultant. Pettine would send him DVDs to view film. Later, he could watch on an iPad.

"A lot of times he would start the conversations with, 'I know I'm just a high school football coach, however ...,'" Pettine recounted. "He would give us 10 things and they were all dead on. ... He just had a great eye for the game."

A high school coach can sometimes resemble a drill sergeant on the job. The style in the NFL is a bit different. For Pettine, it's about creating an environment where players and coaches work together.

But he admired the way his father adjusted to players in a career that started in the 1960s.

"I thought his strength was his ability to adapt, where he goes from an age of kids where they never questioned authority and by the time he finished that had essentially flipped," he said.

"And I think you have to be able to adapt, and I feel the same way when you're working with NFL players," he said. "I just think it's important to know your audience Ravens Game Jerseys , understand that you're working with the, trying to help them be successful, which in turn will help you be successful."

Team film sessions at CB West with Pettine Sr., on Mondays after Friday games stick out, too.

"You would never know (they won) if you sat in on those film sessions 鈥?you would think they lost by 30 when they had won by 30," Pettine said. "But I'm a big believer in there's no better teaching tool than seeing it on film. You paint a picture, you show a guy, 'Hey, this is how it's supposed to look.'"

It was a way that his father held his players accountable, which is also important to Pettine.

"My dad said Falcons Calvin Ridley Jersey , 'Stop the projector, turn on the lights. Quick, stand up and explain to your teammates what you were just doing.' Nobody wanted that to happen," Pettine said. "And that's something I've always believed, being honest with your players, being direct, that's by far the best way to go about things."

With one big difference.

"I don't turn on the lights," Pettine said with a laugh.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

R"He played defen

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 05:19

Third-year pro Kenyan Drake has been with the Miami Dolphins longer than any other running back on their roster http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/lesean-mccoy-jersey , which gives him seniority of sorts – except that new backup Frank Gore is 35 years old.

Even so, Drake considers his maturity an asset for a change entering his first full season as the starter.

He performed well in the No. 1 role after starter Jay Ajayi was traded to Philadelphia at midseason last year. Drake gave Miami a much-needed big-play threat, had back-to-back 100-yard games, finished with 644 yards rushing and averaged 4.8 yards per carry, which ranked sixth in the NFL.

Drake has touchdowns of 96, 66, 45 and 42 yards for the Dolphins, with the longest coming on a kickoff return. But as they prepare for another season during this month’s OTAs, Drake said he should have made more of an impact sooner.

The third-down draft pick out of Alabama in 2016 had only a small role his first year.

”My rookie year was a big learning experience,” Drake said Tuesday. ”I just wasn’t mentally prepared to handle the workload of an everyday starter. I came up short.”

Now Cheap Jonathan Allen Jersey , he said, he’s ready. And he needs to be, given typically heavy recent roster turnover.

”I’m the longest-tenured running back, which is pretty interesting,” he said. ”Two years ago I was coming in fresh-faced. Funny how time flies. I’m definitely embracing this role, and trying to help this team win a lot more games in the coming years.”

He said he’ll benefit from guidance by Gore, the NFL’s active career rushing leader, who signed with his hometown team as a free agent in March.

”I always remind Frank that when he first came into the league, I was in fifth or sixth grade,” Drake said with a chuckle. ”If I have half the success he has had in his career Youth Martinas Rankin Jersey , that would be a win in my book.”

Coach Adam Gase expects a lot of success for Drake, and confirmed the young pro has matured.

”When you’re in this league, sometimes there’s a little bit of a feeling-out process,” Gase said. ”You’re trying to figure out, who are you? You’re starting to get older. You really realize this is a job, and it’s different than college.

”I see a different guy – the way he prepares, knowing the situation he’s coming into this year. I think we just have a guy that’s really looking to bust out.”

Drake is part of a much different offense this year. Ryan Tannehill returns at quarterback after missing all of last season because of a knee injury, and the Dolphins added several new pass targets and two starters on the offensive line.

Miami sputtered to a 6-10 finish in 2017, and the dismal season was a new experience for Drake, who lost six games in four years of college.

”I love to win Joe Montana Jersey ,” he said. ”That’s why I went to Alabama.”

The championship pedigree was one reason the Dolphins drafted Drake. It also factored into their decision to take Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round of last month’s draft.

Good choice, according to Fitzpatrick’s former and new teammate.

”At Alabama, Minkah was a professional from the jump,” Drake said. ”It’s rare you see a freshman come in and have that mentality of, `I want to work, I want to be the best.’ I feel like he is going to be in this league a very, very long time.”

AP NFL website: The New York Jets signed former Lions linebacker Brandon Copeland and re-signed defensive lineman Xavier Cooper on Monday.

Copeland missed last season after tearing a pectoral muscle during the preseason. He had 30 tackles and one forced fumble in 32 games the previous two seasons with the Lions.

The 26-year-old Copeland is expected to serve as a backup on defense and be a key part of the Jets' special teams unit.

"Too many different levels of excitement to put into words," Copeland told the Jets' website. "Coming off of injured reserve, having to sit every Sunday, Monday and Thursday and watching other people play Trenton Cannon Jersey Jets , I'm first and foremost excited to get back to the game that I love."

He signed with Baltimore as an undrafted free agent out of Penn in 2013 and spent time later that season on Tennessee's practice squad. After signing with Orlando of the Arena Football League in 2015, Copeland impressed Detroit after participating in the NFL Veterans Combine. His grandfather, Roy Hilton, played for the Baltimore Colts against the Jets in the Super Bowl in 1969.

"He played defensive end against Joe Namath and all those guys," Copeland said. "I know he's going to be very proud of his grandson and now my job is to continue to make him proud."

Cooper was not tendered as a restricted free agent, but was brought back to serve as a rotational defensive lineman. He had 16 tackles and one sack in eight games, and his play increased when Muhammad Wilkerson was benched at the end of last season.

Cooper was a third-round pick by Cleveland out of Washington State in 2015. He has also spent time with San Francisco, and has 56 career tackles and three sacks.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

SLUMP BUSTED

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 05:31

Super Bowl-winning Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy is the next inductee into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Ring of Honor.

The Bucs made the announcement Tuesday Cheap Taron Johnson Jersey , saying Dungy will be honored at a halftime ceremony during the club's nationally televised home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 24.

Dungy won a Super Bowl as a player with the Steelers in 1978. He coached the Bucs from 1996-2001, compiling 54-42 regular-season record and transforming a struggling franchise into a championship contender.

His .563 winning percentage with Tampa Bay is the best in club history. The Bucs made the playoffs four times, including 1999, when they reached the NFC championship game. He was fired after the 2001 season, and his replacement, Jon Gruden, led Tampa Bay to its only Super Bowl title the following year.

Gruden was inducted into the Ring of Honor last season. The Bucs have not made the playoffs since 2007 and haven't won a postseason game since their 2002 Super Bowl run.

Dungy, meanwhile, went on have a highly successful run from 2002 to 2008 as coach of the Indianapolis Colts, winning the Super Bowl capping the 2006 season.

The coach Authentic Carlton Davis Jersey , who still lives in Tampa, was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016.

Dungy will be the 13th inductee into the Ring of Honor, a group that includes Hall of Famers Lee Roy Selmon, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks, as well as former coach John McKay, Doug Williams, and the late Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer.

Tyler Anderson got in a groove from the first inning and kept on going.

Anderson tossed a career-high eight scoreless innings, Pat Valaika, Nolan Arenado and Chris Iannetta homered, and the Colorado Rockies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-1 on Friday night.

Anderson (5-3) struck out eight and walked one on 96 pitches. The left-hander retired his first 11 batters before giving up a two-out single to Justin Turner in the fourth. Matt Kemp singled leading off the fifth and Yasiel Puig narrowly beat out the throw on a two-out bunt in the same inning.

”It’s been a while since everything has really been on Authentic Devin Hester Jersey ,” Anderson said. ”My last couple of starts were pretty close, I felt like my command was there I just made a couple mistakes. Tonight I didn’t make those mistakes. It was a total mix of all my pitches.”

Anderson retired five straight batters before allowing a single to Cody Bellinger in the seventh. Anderson improved to 4-0 on the road with a 3.48 ERA while holding hitters to a .216 average. The Rockies have won seven of his last nine starts away from home.

”He kept us off-balance,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. ”He has a three, four-pitch mix that we couldn’t get any swings off of.”

Iannetta homered leading off the ninth, extending Colorado’s lead to 3-0.

Arenado hit his team-high 20th homer in the eighth and Valaika homered over the center-field fence for Colorado’s first run in the fifth.

Valaika homered for the first time since last Sept. 24 at San Diego. It was just his second homer ever at Dodger Stadium. His first long ball in the majors came on Sept. 24, 2016, in the same stadium.

”It felt good to put the barrel on the ball in a real game, a big league game,” Valaika said. ”It felt good to get the lead, too.”

The Rockies turned double plays behind Anderson in the fifth and eighth innings.

”Andy pitched great. He was spotting up everything Ryan Switzer Color Rush Jersey , it was pretty easy to play defense,” Valaika said. ”I was thinking it was the third inning and I hadn’t really fielded anything yet.”

Wade Davis worked the ninth to earn his 23rd save in 27 chances.

Rich Hill (1-3) pitched solidly in his third start since coming off the disabled list because of a finger blister. Only one of his six hits was for extra bases, a double by Trevor Story in the sixth.

”The ball came out of my hand the way I wanted it to,” Hill said. ”Everything was really came together.”

Hill struck out a season-high 10 and didn’t walk anyone while allowing one run in 6 2/3 innings. His 110 pitches were a season high and the most he’s thrown since May 13, 2016, at Tampa Bay.

But the Dodgers’ bullpen struggled for the second straight game. Scott Alexander gave up Arenado’s homer and Yimi Garcia allowed Iannetta’s shot.

A day earlier, Walker Buehler was rocked for five runs and five hits in one-plus innings of an 11-5 loss to the Cubs.

Turner’s two-out shot in the ninth gave the Dodgers a franchise-record and major league-leading 54 homers in June with one day left.

”This team has set the record for the most home runs in the month for them, so clearly they’re trying to put the ball in the air,” Anderson said. ”Tonight when they did it they were just underneath a lot of things.”

The Rockies began the month getting swept by the Dodgers in a three-game series, with Los Angeles scoring 33 runs in those games. Colorado improved to 5-2 against Los Angeles this season.

PITCHER CAN HIT

Anderson collected a career high-tying two hits with singles in the third and seventh. Hill had an 0-2 count against him in the third and appeared annoyed when Anderson made contact. ”He’s a good hitting pitcher Kevin Hogan Color Rush Jersey ,” Hill said.

SLUMP BUSTED

Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp singled in the fifth, snapping an 0-for-15 skid. In his last 23 games against the Rockies since Sept. 20, 2015, Kemp has hit .389.

UP NEXT

RHP German Marquez (5-8, 5.53 ERA) starts for Colorado, which has won four of his seven road starts this season. He has a 3.07 ERA away from home compared to 7.93 in Denver. RHP Kenta Maeda (5-4, 3.44) goes for the Dodgers. In eight career games, including six starts, Maeda is 5-2 with a 2.11 ERA to go with 48 strikeouts and nine walks.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

NASHVILLE, Tenn

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 05:43

Chris Paul had 27 points and 12 rebounds while James Harden scored 24 points to power the Houston Rockets to a 100-87 win over the Utah Jazz on Sunday night Authentic Joaquin Benoit Jersey , taking a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference semifinal series.

Paul, playing the sidekick to Harden for most of his first season in Houston, took center stage, controlling the tempo and getting to his favorite spots as the Rockets led from start to finish.

Donovan Mitchell scored 25 before fouling out and Joe Ingles had 15 for the Jazz.

Mitchell started finding lanes to the basket late and got the Jazz within 85-80 after he fueled a 10-2 run. But Paul, who matched his scoring high for this playoff run, hit a pull-up jumper and found Trevor Ariza for a 3-pointer to put the Rockets back up by double digits and they never looked back.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) – Kevin Durant had 38 points and nine rebounds and Golden State soundly defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 118-92 on Sunday to take a commanding 3-1 lead in their Western Conference semifinal series.

The Warriors responded to their 19-point loss in Game 3 with a resounding effort that produced a wire-to-wire win with leads as large as 26 points.

Durant made 15 of 27 shots. Stephen Curry scored 23, Klay Thompson added 13 and Quinn Cook, who was a Pelicans reserve earlier this season, contributed 12 points.

NEW YORK (AP) – The NBA has fined Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri $25,000 for walking onto the court at halftime of Game 3 against the Cleveland Cavaliers to verbally confront officials for reversing a call.

It stems from an incident that occurred Saturday night during the Raptors’ 105-103 loss to the Cavaliers.

Toronto had been called for 14 fouls in the first half, compared with eight for Cleveland. The Raptors were irate that what had appeared to be a Serge Ibaka basket and potential free throw was downgraded to a foul with no basket and no free throw.

CLEVELAND (AP) – LeBron James banked in a running one-hander at the buzzer, giving Cleveland a 105-103 win over Toronto on Saturday night in Game 3 and shoving the Raptors to the edge of their most devastating playoff exit.

After the Raptors tied it on rookie OG Anunoby’s 3-pointer with eight seconds left Ian Thomas Color Rush Jersey , James took the inbounds pass, dribbled the length of the floor and in one motion, dropped his 10-footer in front of Toronto’s stunned bench.

James finished with 38 points, Kevin Love added 21 and 16 rebounds and Kyle Korver 18 for the Cavs, who can sweep the Raptors for the second straight year.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Al Horford scored the go-ahead basket for Boston late in overtime in a wild Game 3 where the Philadelphia 76ers gave away the basketball and the confetti, leading the Celtics to a 101-98 win on Saturday night.

The Celtics go for the sweep on Monday.

The ending to regulation was about as wild as it gets for both teams. JJ Redick threw away the basketball on an errant pass to no one that was scooped by Terry Rozier who threw to Jaylen Brown for the basket and an 89-87 lead.

Seconds later, Marco Belinelli stunned everyone with a falling 22-footer in front of the 76ers bench as time expired that sent the game into overtime – and confetti mistakenly blasted from the cannon. There was about a seven-minute delay while team employees scrambled to clean up the mess on the court.

NHL

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Marc-Andre Fleury made 28 saves in his fourth shutout of the playoffs and the expansion Vegas Golden Knights are headed to the Western Conference Final in their inaugural season after beating the San Jose Sharks 3-0 in Game 6 of their second-round series Sunday.

Jonathan Marchessault opened the scoring, Nate Schmidt added an insurance goal that was only detectable by replay and Cody Eakin sealed it with an empty-netter to help Vegas become just the third team in NHL history to win multiple series in its first season.

The Toronto Arenas won the Stanley Cup in the first postseason in league history in 1918 and St. Louis won two rounds to win the all-expansion West Division in 1968.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Brayden Point and J.T. Miller scored second-period goals, helping the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Boston Bruins 3-1 Sunday and advance to the Eastern Conference final for the third time in four years.

Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 27 shots – 14 in the final period – for the Lightning, who rebounded from losing the series opener at home to eliminate the Bruins in five games.

David Krejci scored in the final minute of the first period to give Boston a 1-0 lead that Point erased with his unassisted goal at 10:43 of the second.

Miller’s power-play goal broke the tie less than four minutes later Authentic Korey Toomer Jersey , and Anton Stralman added an empty-netter with 1:29 remaining to end any chance for a Boston comeback.

WASHINGTON (AP) – Jakub Vrana scored the go-ahead goal with 4:38 remaining, Braden Holtby made 35 saves and the Washington Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 6-3 in Game 5 Saturday night to take a 3-2 lead in the second-round series and put the back-to-back defending Stanley Cup champions on the brink of elimination.

Vrana made coach Barry Trotz look like a genius for moving him to the top line alongside Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov, replacing Devante Smith-Pelly in the second period. Vrana sprung Kuznetsov for a breakaway on Washington’s tying goal 52 seconds into the third and finished off Ovechkin’s pass for the game-winner.

The Capitals are one victory from advancing to the Eastern Conference final for the first time in the Ovechkin era and overall since 1998, when they reached the Stanley Cup Final. They can move on to face the winner of the Tampa Bay-Boston series if they

A look ahead to top enterprise and feature stories planned globally by AP Sports. New digests will go out each Thursday and Monday and will be repeated on other weekdays. Please note that story plans may change depending on news and other issues.

For access to AP Newsroom and other technical issues, contact AP Customer Support at apcustomersupport(at)ap.org or 877-836-9477. For reruns, call the Service Desk 800-838-4616 or your local AP bureau.

As with all our operations, we welcome and want your feedback. If you have thoughts or questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed, please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.

All times are Eastern.

SATURDAY, March 31

GLF–MASTERS-CHINESE FIR

It is the only hole at Augusta National that doesn’t have a bunker. No other hole on the back nine is shorter. Rory McIlroy watched the Masters every year when he was younger and didn’t see what was so difficult about the 440-yard 14th hole until he had to try it himself. ”There’s a 3-yard square you have to hit it,” he said. Sitting between the dynamic par 5s on the back nine Authentic Jake Arrieta Jersey , the hole called ”Chinese Fir” has played a key role over the years. By Golf Writer Doug Ferguson. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by 3 a.m.

With:

GLF–MASTERS-ANNIVERSARIES. By Doug Ferguson. A capsule look at key moments over the years at the Masters. UPCOMING: 900 words, photos by 3 a.m.

GLF–MASTERS-GOOD BEHAVIOR

PALM HARBOR, Fla. – Golf is getting younger, and the PGA Tour is going after its slice of the new generation to build a fan base. That has brought more energy, more volume and raucous behavior that has led to some high-profile players asking that fans be removed. Rory McIlroy suggested limiting alcohol sales. PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan says it’s a good problem to have. But it won’t be a problem at the Masters, where fans know they best mind their manners. By Mark Long. UPCOMING: 800 words, photos by 3 p.m.

MONDAY, April 2

HKN–ONE FOR 1,000

Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin are the latest of only about 60 NHL players to reach 1,000 games with a single franchise. But that number will grow significantly in the coming years as stars and core players choose to re-sign with their current teams long term because of the collective bargaining agreement and hockey’s lean toward security over movement. By Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by 5 a.m.

FRIDAY Jets Thomas Rawls Jersey , April 6

HKN–DEEP PREDATORS

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Nashville Predators are having their best season yet through a combination of savvy drafting, surprising trades and a handful of salary cap-friendly contract extensions. General manager David Poile’s crafty moves have the defending Western Conference champs on the verge of what could be a dominant run in the NHL. By Teresa M. Walker. UPCOMING: 725 words, photos. Video.

Again, if you have questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed, please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.

Thanks,

AP Sports

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

CAMP NEEDS: W

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 05:58

Green Bay Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari was taken off the field on a cart Saturday Youth Sam Darnold Jersey , dampening the spirits at Family Night at Lambeau Field.

Bakhtiari walked to the cart with his left shoe removed.

"I don't have enough information to answer that," coach Mike McCarthy said about the severity of the injury. "I know it's his ankle but that's all I know."

Bakhtiari was named a second-team All-Pro each of the last two seasons, the first Packers offensive tackle to earn back-to-back All-Pro accolades since Hall of Famer Forrest Gregg.

"I think he said he got his foot caught underneath him," left guard Lane Taylor said. "Not 100 percent sure, but I'm sure he'll be fine."

The Packers have been getting through training camp without one of their starting offensive tackles. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga practiced on Friday for the first time since suffering a torn right ACL against Detroit on Nov. 6 but did not practice on Saturday as the team brings him along slowly.

Without Bakhtiari and Bulaga, Kyle Murphy played left tackle and Jason Spriggs played right tackle for the two-minute drill that ended the night.

"Just got to be ready to take reps whenever," Murphy said. "Yeah, Dave got nicked up a little bit but probably not too bad, tough guy. It's always next man up."

Depending on the severity of Bakhtiari's injury, it could further delay the creation of continuity up front. Last season Joe Mixon Bengals Jersey , the Packers churned through 11 different starting offensive line combinations.

"The sooner we can get the five we think are going to be the first five kind of starting to get a chance to jell together, the better," quarterback Aaron Rodgers said on Friday.

With 64,702 in attendance, 10 players did not practice for the Packers, including receiver Randall Cobb (ankle) and defensive tackle Mike Daniels (quad).

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (15-4)

OPEN CAMP: July 26, Foxborough, Massachusetts

LAST YEAR: New England lost twice in its first four games but recovered to win 11 of its final 12 behind MVP season of quarterback Tom Brady. He impressed at age 40, throwing for 4,577 yards Jim Kelly Jersey Youth , 32 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He did so despite reported issues between himself, coach Bill Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft following midseason trade of backup Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers. Defensive inconsistency was ongoing issue and it caught up with Patriots in Super Bowl loss to Philadelphia. It included surprise benching of cornerback Malcolm Butler, one of several players to sign with new teams during free agency.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: RB Jeremy Hill, RB Sony Michel, QB Danny Etling, DE Adrian Clayborn, WR Jordan Matthews, OT Trent Brown, OL Isaiah Wynn, CB Jason McCourty Saints Marcus Davenport Jersey , DT Danny Shelton,

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, WR Danny Amendola, WR Brandin Cooks, CB Malcolm Butler, CB Johnson Bademosi, RB Dion Lewis, OT Nate Solder, OT Cam Fleming.

CAMP NEEDS: Wide receiver will be hot topic. After sitting out 2017 with torn right ACL, Julian Edelman is suspended for first four games of regular season for violating NFL policy on performance enhancers. Combined with losses of Amendola and Cooks in trades to Dolphins and Rams Jessie Bates III Color Rush Jersey , respectively, it leaves Chris Hogan (34 catches, 439 yards, five TDs) as top returning wide receiver. Something also must be done to solidify defense that needs more edge rushing and someone to start alongside Stephon Gilmore at cornerback.

EXPECTATIONS: Even with offseason roster changes, Patriots enter camp as team to beat in AFC East. All-Pro TE Rob Gronkowski considered retirement in offseason; he and Brady skipped voluntary offseason workouts. But both returned for mandatory minicamps and say they are focused on helping New England reach what would be its fourth Super Bowl in five seasons. One of biggest question marks will be how linebackers coach Brian Flores does in new role as defensive play caller.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

The Eagles e

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 06:10

鈥?The Baltimore Ravens were ousted from the playoff hunt in stunning fashion Sunday when Andy Dalton threw a 49-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Boyd with 44 seconds Authentic Keke Coutee Jersey , giving the Cincinnati Bengals a 31-27 victory.Needing a win to advance to the postseason, Baltimore (9-7) rallied from a 14-point deficit to take its first lead with 8:48 left. But Dalton put together a magnificent 90-yard drive in the closing minutes before hitting Boyd over the middle on a fourth-and-12 play.Boyd avoided a tackle by Maurice Canady and raced to the end zone to give Cincinnati (7-9) the victory in what might have been its final game under coach Marvin Lewis.Baltimore entered knowing it could have also gotten into the postseason if either Tennessee or Buffalo tied or lost. Both those teams won, leaving the Ravens with no margin for error on a frigid and windy day.After getting off to a horrid start, the Ravens appeared in position to end their two-year hiatus from the postseason. Plenty of players stepped up in their time of need: Chris Moore had a pivotal kickoff return, Alex Collins delivered a huge fourth-down touchdown run and quarterback Joe Flacco bounced back from a horrible 4-for-18 start.Flacco’s 6-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace made it 27-24, but all of that was rendered meaningless after Dalton put an appropriate finish on a game filled with huge plays.Dalton also threw a pair of touchdown passes to Tyler Kroft.The Ravens were down 17-3 late in the first half when Moore rambled 87 yards with a kickoff before being stopped near the left sideline with 8 seconds left. He finished what he started on the next play Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey Elite , catching a 6-yard touchdown pass.Thus, Baltimore trailed by only 17-10 at the break despite a 268-61 deficit in yardage and 16-2 disparity in first downs.The Ravens took that momentum into the third quarter, moving deftly downfield before Moore juggled a pass that ended up in the hands of Cincinnati’s Darqueze Dennard, who sprinted down the left sideline 89 yards for a touchdown.Trailing again by two TDs, Baltimore faced a fourth-and-3 from the Cincinnati 17. Collins took a pitchout designed to go around left end, reversed his field and ran around a block by Flacco to get into the right corner of the end zone.That set the stage for a tense fourth quarter in a game Cincinnati dominated at the outset.The Bengals moved 78 yards on eight plays following the opening kickoff and took a 7-0 lead on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Dalton to Kroft. That represented more points than Cincinnati scored in the first game between the teams Nick Chubb Jersey , a 20-0 Baltimore victory in the season opener.The Ravens’ first five possessions produced several dropped passes, one first down and five punts.CHILLIN’ TO THE MAXXRavens tight end Maxx Williams went through preliminary warmups without a shirt, even though the temperature was 19 degrees. He did, however, wear a knit hat and sweat pants.INJURY UPDATEBengals: LB Jordan Evans (head, shoulder) left in the third quarter. … WR Josh Malone (ankle) did not play in the second half. … S Shawn Williams (back) left in the third quarter.Ravens: Moore sustained a concussion in the third quarter and did not return. … WR Jeremy Maclin (knee) was inactive for a second straight week. … Ravens DB Anthony Levine (foot) left in the second quarter. The Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles traded out of the first round http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kentavius-street-jersey , sending the 32nd overall pick to the Baltimore Ravens for a pair of second-round picks and a fourth-round choice.

The Eagles get the 52nd and 125th picks in this year's draft, and a second-rounder in 2019. The Ravens, who used the 32nd pick to select Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson, also receive Philadelphia's fourth-round pick 鈥?No. 132.

The Eagles entered the draft without picks in the second or third rounds because of separate trades that brought quarterback Carson Wentz and cornerback Ronald Darby to Philadelphia. With no pressing needs to fill, executive Howie Roseman made it clear last week they were "open for business."

It's the third time in the past 11 years the Eagles didn't have a first-round pick. It also happened in 2007 and 2008.

A running back, offensive lineman Youth Sam Darnold Jersey , pass rusher and cornerback are among Philadelphia's top priorities.

They now have a second-round pick on Friday, and five on Saturday: two in the fourth round, one each in the fifth, sixth and seventh.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Ellis was originally a foRadiEllis was originally a fo

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Ago 23, 2018 06:25

Patrick Mahomes II could have spent his offseason just about anywhere Josh Gordon Jersey , back home in Texas perhaps, or maybe even some exotic locale befitting a 20-something starting quarterback in the NFL.

Instead, Mahomes spent it in Kansas City.

Deeply immersed in Kansas City.

He showed up wearing his Chiefs jersey to read "Oh the Places You Will Go" to a group of children at the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum. He hung out with fans at a Jason Aldean concert at the downtown Sprint Center.

He wore a cutoff jersey from the T-Bones, a local independent minor league baseball team, and a pair of jorts while attending the NASCAR race at Kansas Speedway. And he threw out the first pitch when the Royals played the New York Yankees at Kauffman Stadium.

Throw in the dozens of times fans have bumped into Mahomes at restaurants or on the street, usually documented on social media accounts, and it would be safe to call him a man about town.

"I mean, the fans come out every single week and show passion and love for us and our team and what we're doing here Harold Landry Color Rush Jersey ," Mahomes said, "so for me, I want to be back in the community, giving back. And just be a part of it, to show the same love and passion to them."

That earnestness is refreshing in the modern NFL, where large chasms have come to separate players from fans. Rarely do the biggest stars stick around town in the offseason, and even more rarely do players willingly embrace being part of the community.

Just this week, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown bemoaned the constant attention he receives Tyron Smith Jersey Elite , and the fact that he can't even work out without people showing up and bothering him.

Mahomes would prefer people show up to work out with him.

The way he's embraced living in Kansas City is not unlike the way Eric Hosmer and the rest of the Royals embraced the city during their back-to-back World Series runs. They would frequently pop up at local bars and buy a round for the entire place, even celebrating among the fans during playoff triumphs.

Maybe it's something unique about Kansas City.

More likely, it's something unique about those individuals.

The way Mahomes has engrossed himself in the city hasn't been lost on the fanbase, either. He's only started one game, a Week 17 win over Denver with nothing on the line, and has yet to really prove himself as a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. But he's become one of the most popular players on the team, and his No. 15 jersey is one of the hottest sellers at local sporting goods stores.

Nor has it been lost on his teammates, who rave about the way the 22-year-old Mahomes has taken on the leadership role that Alex Smith once held Authentic Jordan Whitehead Jersey , even though he's one of the youngest guys in the locker room.

"He's always been confident. From the time I've known him, he's been confident," said safety Eric Berry, one of the Chiefs' elder statesmen. "He's been sure of himself and he's came out and made plays, so nothing's really changed. Just now he's with the ones (starters)."

Well, that's a big change. The Chiefs have playoff aspirations this season, and whether they extend their streak of back-to-back AFC West titles will largely fall on Mahomes' shoulders.

"He's just going in there with confidence, talking with everybody Cheap Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , making the calls and staying on top of things," running back Kareem Hunt said. "He really wants to win and be a good quarterback."

That's the next crucial step for Mahomes: Showing he can win games.

It's one thing for Mahomes to be a man among the people, popping up all over town and snapping photos and signing autographs until every fan is content.

It's quite another to keep them happy by performing well on the field, where even the most popular players get lambasted after bad games.

Smith went 50-26 as the starter in Kansas City and many fans couldn't wait for him to leave.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid doesn't seem concerned about the pressure getting to the Chiefs' first-round pick from last year's draft. He points out that Mahomes had an entire year to learn the ropes, and that he has not only absorbed the Chiefs' vast playbook but broken down every nuance of it.

"He's phenomenal," Reid said. "He's got great leadership. He loves playing. He's absorbing everything and now he's just got to do it. He's got to just go practice and work through it and massage each play and see how it works against these different coverages and he's so willing. That's the part you appreciate."

The Oakland Raiders have agreed to a 3-year contract worth more than $15 million to keep defensive tackle Justin Ellis off the free-agent market.

A person familiar with the deal said Friday that Ellis will be guaranteed at least $6 million. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced the signing.

Ellis was slated to become an unrestricted free agent next week before the Raiders decided to keep the stout run-stopping defensive tackle.

Ellis was originally a fourth-round pick by Oakland in 2014. He has started 41 of the 60 games he has played in four seasons with the Raiders and is strong against the run.

The Raiders still need to find a pass-rushing threat inside. Ellis has only a half-sack in his career and has 3 quarterback pressures in 327 pass-rush snaps the past two seasons, according to SportRadar.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

AnteriorPróximo

Voltar para Sistemas de Equações

• Tópicos relacionados
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem